Would buy HT BTAS figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starkiller

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was thinking today how cool it would be for HT to make stylized 1/6 figures based on Batman the Animated series. I know they stick to movies mostly but I think it would be different and very interesting.

What does everyone else of this? Would there be any interest?

No.

I love BTAS but again, Hot Toys and BTAS just doesn't mix. Hot Toys is big on detail, BTAS is known for being streamlined. Do you use fabric "tights" or just sculpt the figure with exposed articulation?

How would the headsculpts work. It just wouldn't make sense.

Eh, they've supposedly done pretty good anime characters when they chose to. They specialize at doing realistic human beings, but can you think of another company that could give us an articulated figure for this franchise with the kind of quality that HT would?

I'd be interested to see how they'd look although it seems more of a Medicom thing than HT....even though they are getting into Anime....I was more a fan of the severely streamlined New Adventure of Batman and Superman styling that the original Batman: The Animated Series but the same thought is still there. .

It'd all be dependent on pricepoint. I don't think I would spend $150+ on them.....

I'd assume they would do something along the lines of their friend figure or their VMS Series,make an authentic depiction of the characters,while giving them a slightly real treatment.This is how I'd picture a Hamill Joker for example.
-Fully tailored fabric costume
-Overcoat
-Removable hat
-The sculpt would use the original character designs while adding elements such as follicles,pores, and stress lines to create a more accessible depiction
-Fish
-Tommy gun
-Base

As for Batman's sculpt,they could easily base it off of the show's intro.

If anyone could do it,it'd be HT.On that note,yes,I would buy them.

Eh, they've supposedly done pretty good anime characters when they chose to. They specialize at doing realistic human beings, but can you think of another company that could give us an articulated figure for this franchise with the kind of quality that HT would?

Not with the same quality but how about Mattel/Four Horsemen BTAS figures? 6"-7" figures with the same articulation DCUC, MOTU, and Mattel's other lines?

1/6 BTAS figures would be strange, don't you think? The Hot Toys figures, even their anime figures don't really lend themselves to the BTAS models. Even if the quality was fantastic, it would still remind me of those 12" figures Hasbro made because of the material used for either the fabric or plastic.

In terms of BTAS merchandise and collectibles, I'm good anyway. Between the Kenner figures/vehicles, maquettes, miniatures, and statues, I think it's been represented very well.

The cloth outfits might be a bit strange looking, but I figure Hot Toys would come up with something that would work.

I personally wouldn't be as into the 6 inchers because I don't collect those anymore, but sure, they would be cool.

And the reason I think HT figures might be nice is that, despite the franchise being represented pretty well as collectibles, they haven't been done as this type of figure in this scale. And this is what I collect nowadays, so I would be interested in seeing them give it a go.

Well yeah, I don't really collect 6" figures any more either, but if BTAS was done in that size, I'd have to.

I don't think Hot Toys would ever pick up the license to be honest. Especially not with all the stuff they have now. It seems like it would be too obscure.

If by some miracle they did though and they made a good portion of characters from the show and they looked fantastic, my finances would be in a world of ____.

Hot Toys has now done 2 Batman film franchises, and is moving onto a 3rd (no doubt, the next Nolan film will get figures, and Returns probably will, as well). Though cartoons aren't generally their thing, Batman sells, so it is possible. But I don't really think it is gonna happen, either.

I feel like the toys that already exist for BTAS are pretty good representations of the show/the characters. It'd be more interesting to see them go after more detailed things.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.With their friend figure HT launched their comic masterpiece series.If they could gain access to the rights of comic characters from DC and Marvel(which shouldn't be too difficult,considering how impressive their lines from both companies are:i.e.Iron Man 1 & 2,TDK,Spider-Man,Wolverine,Blade)
-Not to mention that they can attain rights to Reeve Superman,and Keaton Batman.
-A comic oriented line could make a boatload.

I wouldn't bs interested in BTAS 1/6 HT figures to be honest. There's a lot of nostalgia there for me yes. I have several of the original actin figures and the entire series on DVD and that's enough for me. But comic oriented figures I think would be interesting. Would probably/hopefully come out better than the DCD 13" figures though I do like them for what they are.

But like someone said, I'd rather see Arkham Asylum/City figures before anything else Batman related, save the films.

I'd buy them. BTAS was amazing, and there was a time when I have every single figure ever made, both opened and MOC.

Hasbro did a line of 1/6 BTAS figures several years ago. The articulation was poor by today's standards of course, but they were decent for the time. Hot Toys would just take it to a whole new level. A BTAS Batman with a Hot Toys body would be prominently displayed in my living room, no matter what my wife might say. :D

I personally would be more interested in DC direct doing a wave or two of them in the 6" scale. I would definitely buy those. I'm not sure this style would translate well into 1/6. Although it would be interesting to see HT try.

No.

I love BTAS but again, Hot Toys and BTAS just doesn't mix. Hot Toys is big on detail, BTAS is known for being streamlined. Do you use fabric "tights" or just sculpt the figure with exposed articulation?

How would the headsculpts work. It just wouldn't make sense.

Exactly. :lecture

To be honest I think the original Kenner figures captured the look just about as well as anybody could. What would HT bring to the table that would justify the (inevitably high) price point?

Back