Worrying signs that Terminator Salvation is aimed at a younger audience

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's already been confirmed for a PG-13, and if you honestly think that it's aimed for kids with it's toys then you're a ^^^^ing retard. Almost every 'big' movie had toys in the last two decades or so, starting with Aliens. And hey, guess what? SO DID THE DARK KNIGHT. You know, one of the darkest PG-13 movies, that really pushed towards a R-rating? So stop whining.:rolleyes:

It's all about money. The Marketing group are just pimping out everything they can with this flick. I'm still confident that the film will be badass.

SO DID THE DARK KNIGHT. You know, one of the darkest PG-13 movies, that really pushed towards a R-rating? So stop whining.:rolleyes:

I don't remember anything in The Dark Knight that would even come close to pushing it into an R rating. :dunno

Can you give examples?

What a hell???
The Rocket punch is from Mazinger??!!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/2vKgTUlyYKU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/2vKgTUlyYKU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It's already been confirmed for a PG-13, and if you honestly think that it's aimed for kids with it's toys then you're a ^^^^ing retard. Almost every 'big' movie had toys in the last two decades or so, starting with Aliens. And hey, guess what? SO DID THE DARK KNIGHT. You know, one of the darkest PG-13 movies, that really pushed towards a R-rating? So stop whining.:rolleyes:

Wow, nice guy.
I hate the word 'Retard', only a idiot Man-Child would use it

I really wouldn't judge how good a movie is going to be based on toys. If that was the case Iron Man is crap.

I don't remember anything in The Dark Knight that would even come close to pushing it into an R rating. :dunno

Can you give examples?

I think a lot of the violence was surprisingly dark (pencil in the eye, etc.) I'm not going to quibble about the specifics of the rating, but I do think that it was darker than I would expect for a movie that had a lot of kids merchandise to be, and I wouldn't be surprised if the same is true with Salvation. I was a little surprised at some of the Salvation-themed stuff I saw at Target recently, but I think it says more about the commercialization of movies in general than the nature of this particular movie. Now if there was a Salvation-themed Happy Meal or something, I would start to get worried...

I really wouldn't judge how good a movie is going to be based on toys. If that was the case Iron Man is crap.
exactly. t2 had plenty of crappy kids' toys and everybody still loved it.
i think all this bellyaching over ratings has more to do with jumping on the hate bandwagon early because of t4 being a not-cameron/no-arnold movie.
change is scary.

also, those fake prosthetic things are way cooler than any terminator related stuff i had when i was a kid.

I really wouldn't judge how good a movie is going to be based on toys...

I agree. Terminator 2 was an awsome movie and it had its own toy line. I remember seeing the "Exploding T-1000" and "Battle Damaged T800" when I was in 7th or 8th grade.

!BQchqQQBGk~$(KGrHgoH-C8EjlLly(kEBJ47c3n3vg~~_1.JPG

4f07_1.JPG

1e1c_1.JPG

!BQoT6zQCGk~$(KGrHgoOKi0EjlLmV1mnBJ54zie!F!~~_1.JPG

I dont think the movie will be geared toward kids but opened toward kids... they want a wider audience... having a toy line increases the amount of money a movie makes and in turn more money in the studio and producers pockets

This has been confirmed many many months ago.

https://www.wizarduniverse.com/050508terminator.html

That's funny. There's a quote from McG in Fangoria #282 that states the following:

Unlike the three Schwarzenegger Terminator films, which garnered R ratings for their violent content, speculation continues that the pricier Salvation will sport a PG-13, in an effort to bring in the largest possible audience to justify its estimated $200 million pricetag. McG counters that the production never set out to make a watered-down film to avoid the Restricted label.

"Jeff Robinov, who runs Warners, doesn't care," he says. "He's like, 'if it's R, it's R. If it's PG-13, it's PG-13.' My instinct is, we shot a picture without giving any consideration whatsoever to the rating. But I must say, The Dark Knight is a PG-13 picture, and that film was made compromise-free. It was made to its highest level. I'm not afraid of a PG-13, but we're not aiming for a rating at all. That's ultimate freedom when the head of a studio's like, 'We'll make an R, it's cool.'"

Back