Worrying signs that Terminator Salvation is aimed at a younger audience

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No it doesnt. It isnt made for kids. If you say that, then ALL toys are made for kids.

If theres a picture of a kid on the box, or something that indicates its for children, then its for children.

The "Not for children under 4" just means it has tiny parts that a kid that age can swallow....

No it doesnt. It isnt made for kids. If you say that, then ALL toys are made for kids.

If theres a picture of a kid on the box, or something that indicates its for children, then its for children.

The "Not for children under 4" just means it has tiny parts that a kid that age can swallow....

Again, that's a perspective. At my TRU, the Watchmen toys are hung between Ben10 and the Pokemon crap. Tell me who that's supposed to be marketing? Even on the superhero isle between Marvel and DC would still be marketing to kids.

this also happen with the toys of Terminator 2... dont you remember?

Relax.... the movie will be kick ass! and I don´t mind the movie likes in kids.. for example, looks a POTC. You think that "Dead Man´s Chest" or "At World`s end" is a movie for kids?

this also happen with the toys of Terminator 2... dont you remember?

That's a very interesting point and a good counter to all this chicken little, crybaby crap. T2 had toys as well, hell, even commercials with children playing with them:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/-ikNm__ustA&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/-ikNm__ustA&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

And not only did the movie not suck, but it maintained it's R. Although, I think by today's standards, it would've garnered a PG-13 too.

hahahahaha!! :rotfl

LOVED that toy ad for terminator 2! it's SO wrong on so many levels.
the t800 splitting open and shooting his fleshy bits at the t1000? wtf!

anyway, i wouldn;t take the whole toy tie-in for t4 too seriously.

i just hope and pray it's a good movie. and based on what i've seen and heard so far, it just might be. *fingers crossed*

I wouldn't say T4 is aimed at the kiddies, it is rated PG 13 because it will be more accessible to the general public, which means more money can be made because more people can go see it. Look at the top 30 domestic all time highest grossing films, only 1 is rated R (Passion of the Christ) the rest are all PG-13.

As for the toys, when I was a kid there were toys for Robocop, Rambo, Terminator, Aliens, and Predator, all movies I shouldn't have seen, but had toys anyway.

Back