Worrying signs that Terminator Salvation is aimed at a younger audience

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A fangoria artical also stated that AvP would be a HARD BLOODY R, and it would have an extreamly gory chestbursting scene.

I'm sure what was an R back when the first Terminator movie was made, is a PG-13 today.

A fangoria artical also stated that AvP would be a HARD BLOODY R, and it would have an extreamly gory chestbursting scene.

Well, the Fangoria quote is a direct quote from the director. Not a quote of a quote from Variety who quoted someone who's not even a producer on the film, just an employee of the production company that's older than the Fangoria interview (besides, how many retractions has Wizard printed?). The chestburster scenes in AVP would've slapped an R on it had it been released 5 years prior (we'll ignore the fact that that was done by Fox, not WB). And TBH, Ween has a very valid point. Not only are we seeing more graphic violence in PG-13 films, but I see less and less editing done to R films that are being shown on Tv today too. AMC was showing Jason VIII with next to no violent content cut out and that was a HARD R for it's day.

I'm sure what was an R back when the first Terminator movie was made, is a PG-13 today.

:lecture

You believe that Midnight Cowboy and Romero's Dawn of the Dead were originally "X" rated movies? Things change. Half the R movies released in the 80s-mid-1990s would probably be PG-13 by today's standards.

not really. doesn't excessive use of the f-bomb get you an R rating?

if that is the case, then in Salvation we'll be seeing clever lines like " Let's blow those tin cans up." instead of "DETONATE THAT ^^^^ING C4 AND LET'S BLOW THOSE MOTHER-^^^^ING ^^^^-SUCKERS BACK INTO LAST WEEKS SCRAP HEAP!!!!!"

not really. doesn't excessive use of the f-bomb get you an R rating?

if that is the case, then in Salvation we'll be seeing clever lines like " Let's blow those tin cans up." instead of "DETONATE THAT ^^^^ING C4 AND LET'S BLOW THOSE MOTHER-^^^^ING ^^^^-SUCKERS BACK INTO LAST WEEKS SCRAP HEAP!!!!!"
Comedy Central shows uncensored movies and comedy acts late on Saturday night, where the F-bomb is thrown around pretty liberally, and suggesting to me that "cuss words" ain't what they used to be.

But having said that, I would enjoy an appropriately edited/censored version of T4:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/-n-rGnI9XNo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/-n-rGnI9XNo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

remeber guys !! its all about

money_pile.jpg

Dude, where did you get the pic of my living room?!??!?!?!?!

I wish

Seriously, not worried about the movie based on cheesey kid toys....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/xp4QVYNAFcQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/xp4QVYNAFcQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I had some, too :D

I also had some of the Aliens toys that were released about 10 years too late. My favorite was the alien that spit water when you squeezed his head.

Well, the Fangoria quote is a direct quote from the director. Not a quote of a quote from Variety who quoted someone who's not even a producer on the film, just an employee of the production company that's older than the Fangoria interview (besides, how many retractions has Wizard printed?). The chestburster scenes in AVP would've slapped an R on it had it been released 5 years prior (we'll ignore the fact that that was done by Fox, not WB). And TBH, Ween has a very valid point. Not only are we seeing more graphic violence in PG-13 films, but I see less and less editing done to R films that are being shown on Tv today too. AMC was showing Jason VIII with next to no violent content cut out and that was a HARD R for it's day.

Doesnt matter. Tom Rothman said that Wolverine had 10-20 minutes of footage NOT included in the workprint....the work print is 106 minutes long.

The final film? 107 minutes long.

I dont trust anyone now. They all lie.

They CANNOT market an R Rated film to kids now a days. I mean, if you can find me one action figure line TODAY( not the 90's) thats from an R-Rated movie, and is FOR kids.....then i'd be on your side...but until then...

Doesnt matter. Tom Rothman said that Wolverine had 10-20 minutes of footage NOT included in the workprint....the work print is 106 minutes long.

They CANNOT market an R Rated film to kids now a days. I mean, if you can find me one action figure line TODAY( not the 90's) thats from an R-Rated movie, and is FOR kids.....then i'd be on your side...but until then...

Is a fourteen year old a kid? Because the manufacturer's recommended age for the Watchmen figures is fourteen and older, and that's an R rated movie.

Tom Rothman's a ****** with not a single decent film on his resume:
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0745257/#producer

Hmmm. Wasn't Watchmen rated R? Their toys are all over the place in toy stores (also having Toys'r'us exclusives). And to date, I haven't seen a commercial containing kids playing with the Salvation figures. If you're going by the effects make-up and the Terminator arm, well, while arguably not toys, a more accurate comparison would be for Halloween, they marketed full costumes of Day of the Dead, Leatherface, Freddy Krueger, and Jason (who had a movie released this year) to kids. Additionally, NECA released a Jason mask from this year's film marketed exclusively through Toys'r'us.

Last edited:
7215-550x-avprsdheader1.jpg

When they make figures, I think Adults are always aimed at as much as children.
I think Hasbro where hoping Adults would get nostalgic and buy the Indy figures for there kids.
But Masks and Flying fists are aimed directly for Kids
This is why I put worrying signs.
First the Toys appear and then something like Robocop 3 comes out

I was 13 when I saw ALIEN (my first "R" rated movie :joy). I wish I still had my Kenner figure.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/uKSv85mJEmY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/uKSv85mJEmY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back