World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have jumped back into wow with every expansion, and have been playing with breaks since the initial wow launch but this new one does nothing for me, i prefer to have new characters/content that are more fantasyish less childish. This is prolly where i draw the stick in the sand and stay away til they give me d3.

I have jumped back into wow with every expansion, and have been playing with breaks since the initial wow launch but this new one does nothing for me, i prefer to have new characters/content that are more fantasyish less childish. This is prolly where i draw the stick in the sand and stay away til they give me d3.

That's me as well.
Played the crap out of it when it came out, like non-stop for 4 months.
But I always burnout after 4ish months and I always can't help but going back in with every expansion.

This one though I don't feel it. Then again I said the same thing with Burning Crusade and still got back into it.... but now with SWTOR....

There's plenty of interesting new gameplay content added to the expansion besides Pandaran and Monk.

The new critter pet turn-based battle system makes collecting critters much more fun (especially those of us who got the collecting bug :D )

And probably the biggest game changer yet since release day; classes have no more talent trees, and instead you get to pick one talent from each category that your class can do (CC, dps, heal, mobility, survival, etc) that can be from any spec, and mix and match them the way you like. So you can have crazy stuff like a feral druid casting typhoon and summoning treants while in bear form, by giving up the feral equivalent talents in those category (no feral charge or range snare) This is a really buff oriented talent system, as opposed to the old system which was really nerf oriented. I'm really excited to come back to WoW and see how it all plays out.

-

I really don't see that as a major thing that will maintain momentum and keep players in the game.

Not into WoW (played for about a year, then quit) but I've loved the Warcraft series and storyline. I'm pretty disappointed there won't be another Warcraft RTS. But I am familiar with some of the Blizzard's developers (especially Samwise) obsession with Pandas. So this is a nice little fan-service to the studio employees as well.

But like it was mentioned before, considering some major plot-lines were wrapped up in "Wrath of the Lich King" and "Cataclysm", is there any other direction for the series to go? Perhaps Blizzard is putting this out while they develop another overlapping storyline for WoW to follow?

I haven't touched wow in close to 2 years but I still keep track of the basic lore with the new expansions and such. But this time around...there is practically no lore ...alliance and horde are going to be battling it out like never before...doh...kind of sounds underwhelming

If you notice, everytime a new major MMO comes out, Blizz miraculously has an expansion ready. This is just fluff to try and stop people from moving on to the new Star Wars game..

If you notice, everytime a new major MMO comes out, Blizz miraculously has an expansion ready. This is just fluff to try and stop people from moving on to the new Star Wars game..

I doubt that it's in response to SWTOR, since it's been the same amount of time they've taken to release all the other expansions.

Do we know when it's coming out anyways? If they haven't announced a date then I wouldn't expect it before SWTOR comes out.

I doubt that it's in response to SWTOR, since it's been the same amount of time they've taken to release all the other expansions.

Do we know when it's coming out anyways? If they haven't announced a date then I wouldn't expect it before SWTOR comes out.

12-31 for wow and 12-20 for star wars... only issue i have is weither to buy a year of wow or get the collectors edition of diablo 3.

12-31 for wow and 12-20 for star wars... only issue i have is weither to buy a year of wow or get the collectors edition of diablo 3.

Collectors Edition! plus if you do you get a 4 months refund on your full year apparently.

But really the more I think about it the more this is to battle SWTOR.
Each expansions so far were released 2 years appart but Cataclysm was just released past december:tap

Warcraft is likely a good year away. Don't trust gamestop dates. And if you were reading the gamestop date, if also says December 31 2012 there, not 2011.

Yes, SHUT UP! I am still going to play WOW! lol :rotfl

Took a LONG break, but now I am going to give Mists a chance.

It's a love/hate relationship with this game.
But really, how can I HATE it. This is a game that has given many of us, a LOT of years of gaming.
I'll give them credit. At least they are trying something different.
You try to make a game last 8 years or however long it's been! lol

But I find, when I put all other gaming aside, and just focus on this one game, I can enjoy it more. Whether I log in for 20 minutes for the day and just putz around, or I got involved in something for a few hours one night. At least this game, gives you options.

I'm aware it's a grind, I'm aware it's an MMO. But I still like the freedom, options, storylines, and just chatting and playing along side other players.

And no one is forcing you to be a Panda. So all the Kung Fu Panda jokes...we get it. It has pandas. lol
Just pass on through, explore this new world, unlock the secrets, and just do other stuff then lol

So yeah, I'll give it a shot. Keep me busy on the crappy fall and winter days and nights.

[ame]https://youtu.be/wvYXoyxLv64[/ame]

Last edited:
I've never played that game and probably never will, but from my standpoint, kung fu pandas are no more or less silly than Lord of the Rings type elves, magicians, trolls, etc

Yes, and I'm sure the same people bashing this game or a race of Pandas, seems to have no problem with a movie like Avengers where it's ok to have a god, giant green monster, and portals in space, is perfectly realistic and natural. :rotfl

People just bash, to just bash. People like to see failure in everything successful.

As far as WOW, the Pandas are no more silly then half of the other races already in the game lol
They probably don't even know there is a race of WALRUS people.
And if that was the new playable race, they would laugh just the same.

:slap

It's not that it's unrealistic, it's that pandas are pretty stupid

Well that's your opinion. They've already done all the other typical fantasy creatures and races in the game.

And you might think this is stupid....but WOW had this race in their lore, LONG before Kung Fu Panda.

:nana:

Well that's your opinion. They've already done all the other typical fantasy creatures and races in the game.

And you might think this is stupid....but WOW had this race in their lore, LONG before Kung Fu Panda.

:nana:

A lot of people agree though, the only people who actually like the idea are certain fans

Also, it doesn't matter if it came before Kung Fu Panda, that's what everyone is thinking when they see it. And it doesn't make it not stupid either.

Back