World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right, Just like RE-telling the story of the American Civil war, but with cowboys, and set in space? I mean, who would ever think an idea like that is not stupid? :monkey3

Who knows--You're trying to attack Serenity right? Well, for one the Civil War did have cowboys, and second the plot is more like the Revolutionary War if we lost to the British.

Fair enough, but my point still stands. ALL fantasy and science fiction is pretty stupid if you look at it objectively. from the Odyssey, to Alice in wonderland, to Star wars, to Serenity, to the Avengers. From Comic books, to fiction novels, to webisodes. and everything in-between

It's ALL pretty stupid.

But we love it anyways. for some reason we're drawn to it.

For the record, I'm not attacking firefly/serenity, I'm simply using it to illustrate my point.
I rather like The series, and am sad that it got dropped in favor of " reality" television.

Last edited:
Not being real doesn't mean things are stupid. And within those things there are definitely things that are considered stupid compared to others--

Maybe in general the Panaria expansion isn't stupid, but as an expansion that's supposed to get people to get into the game or want to continue playing the game it's pretty stupid. Take for instance Wrath of the Lich King or Cataclysm, both of those actually seem cool to both fans and non-players, even if they turned out as crap it was still something that was enticing. This though is definitely not enticing.

What I see happening is that it won't really bring in new players, and probably the hardcore players will breeze through the new content really quick and the average players won't really care either way.

A new continent which draws Heavy inspiration from the avatar the last airbender cartoon, and the second most requested race to become playable SINCE WARCRAFT 3 is not going to entice old players to come back, and new players to jump on?

Dude, if goats from space was the BEST selling expansion in the history of the game, I'd say this is a pretty intelligent move on the part of developers.

https://www.wowwiki.com/Draenei

Draenei_Ladies_by_Lohikaarme_x.jpg

Draeneihumanoids.jpg

The player base refers to them as space goats.

A new continent which draws Heavy inspiration from the avatar the last airbender cartoon, and the second most requested race to become playable SINCE WARCRAFT 3 is not going to entice old players to come back, and new players to jump on?

Dude, if goats from space was the BEST selling expansion in the history of the game, I'd say this is a pretty intelligent move on the part of developers.

Most people don't watch Avatar, and the only people who would vote on a new race are people already playing the game.

I think the only people coming back would be level 85 players who will just breeze through the expansion and then drop it.

Remember, the game lost 10% of it's users in 3 months, that can't be attributed to people waiting for the expansion.

Fat Kung fu Panda Monks are not a race I look forward to playing in the game titled "World of Warcraft".

And I have no faith in Blizzard after the...cataclysm...that was Cataclysm.

There is way more under the hood than just the Panda's and their land.
WOW always has things for everyone to do. There will be old lore and revamped classic dungeons etc.

You will still be running around the old world as well.

Take it for what it is. IT's an OLD MMO. If this is not your style, just don't play it!!

Why are people even commenting in this thread if they don't play the game, never have or never will. lol

Coming in to just say "Pandas are stupid", and that's that, makes your opinions about the game irrelevant.

Sideshow, give me a Chen Stormstout statue please... After Illidan, of course.

isn't Panda just another kind of bear anyway? I think it's the whole pop culture influence that makes people think Panda are cute and silly. In reality you probably wont survive a Panda bear attack, I'm sure they are very capable of ripping you in half if you piss them off. :D

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy7xCXF-Bp4[/ame]

found this video, this bear here is literally stronger than 5 men...

-

WOW always has things for everyone to do. There will be old lore and revamped classic dungeons etc.

Take it for what it is. IT's an OLD MMO. If this is not your style, just don't play it!!

Why are people even commenting in this thread if they don't play the game, never have or never will. lol

Coming in to just say "Pandas are stupid", and that's that, makes your opinions about the game irrelevant.

Well it's a discussion forum, anyone can post. Also, don't make assumptions. I have actually played the game, no longer do.

Most people don't watch Avatar, and the only people who would vote on a new race are people already playing the game.

I think the only people coming back would be level 85 players who will just breeze through the expansion and then drop it.

Remember, the game lost 10% of it's users in 3 months, that can't be attributed to people waiting for the expansion.

You're quite right. It did suffer a 10%, or 1 million player drop off a little bit ago. Not as bad as star wars loosing 50% but a loss is a loss....
Until you take into account that most all mmo's suffer a subscription drop off before an expansion. It's people who are maxed out, and waiting for the new content, and don't want to pay for things they have completed. That 10% is the group you refer to when you talk about 85's breezing through the new content to get to the juicy raids at the end.

Watch, they will be back at 11 million subscribers by the end of the year.

Overweight pandas, as a playable race in WoW, are stupid. Things are getting too random/silly/effortless in the game IMO.

I've played WoW for four years and am still in contact with some of the people I've met on there.

I was kinda hoping for Naga or Furbolgs as a playable race. Or one of the other several races they could have chosen from.

^ I'm always reading rumors that this is the last WoW expansion and Blizzard will announce a new MMO soon.

Overweight pandas, as a playable race in WoW, are stupid. Things are getting too random/silly/effortless in the game IMO.

I've played WoW for four years and am still in contact with some of the people I've met on there.

I was kinda hoping for Naga or Furbolgs as a playable race. Or one of the other several races they could have chosen from.

Went from a joke Blizz played to reality.

Back