World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ I'm always reading rumors that this is the last WoW expansion and Blizzard will announce a new MMO soon.

Yeah. I've been hearing those rumors too. Ever since burning crusade was announced.
Wow is a cash moo moo. Blizz will keep making expansions for it as long as it remains profitable.

Overweight pandas, as a playable race in WoW, are stupid. Things are getting too random/silly/effortless in the game IMO.

I've played WoW for four years and am still in contact with some of the people I've met on there.

I was kinda hoping for Naga or Furbolgs as a playable race. Or one of the other several races they could have chosen from.

Wait, so anthropomorphic normal bears are fine, but anthropomorphic panda bears are crossing the line to silliness? If anything that line was crossed with 7 foot tall blue goat/squid people who live in giant crystals and ride elephants. Or 2 feet tall people with prepubescent voices. Or green 2 feet tall people whose sole purpose is to humorously explode and who have strong stereotypical voices with lines concerning their love for money :huh I'm not trying to be condescending, but Warcraft has been pretty silly for it's entirety, so I don't get that argument.

Wait, so anthropomorphic normal bears are fine, but anthropomorphic panda bears are crossing the line to silliness? If anything that line was crossed with 7 foot tall blue goat/squid people who live in giant crystals and ride elephants. Or 2 feet tall people with prepubescent voices. Or green 2 feet tall people whose sole purpose is to humorously explode and who have strong stereotypical voices with lines concerning their love for money :huh I'm not trying to be condescending, but Warcraft has been pretty silly for it's entirety, so I don't get that argument.

People are just complaining because they didn't get what they wanted in the game or what they want it to be :rotfl

I've said it once, I'll say it again. This is what? An 8 year old MMO?
If you're bored or don't like the new directions, don't play. Simple as that.
But yeah, people's arguments of how "stupid" pandas are in this game or the idea behind, have no idea what they are talking about, when you consider it's a FANTASY game, where just about anything goes.

Doesn't mean it's going to be some kiddy easy fun game for young kids. Oh wait. Hasn't it been like that for years? Given the fact the graphics alone were designed to be simple and colorful?
And we've been doing silly little things like finding Easter Eggs, collecting pets, shooting fireworks, for 5 years now.

Give me a break complainers lol :slap

If the game has run its course for you and you are bored, then fine. Just say so and move on lol

But I still have fun running with people and shooting the poop with fellow gamers and helpin out when I can, and taking on a hardcore challenge when I can.

Well it's a discussion forum, anyone can post. Also, don't make assumptions. I have actually played the game, no longer do.

Well then you are just hear to make negative posts to rain on peoples parade who are actually excited to get back in the game. And yes, I don't mind the Pandas or the whole Asian themed continent they will have.

Everybody rips off someone else at some point. Why can't WOW?
I'll enjoy it for what it is.

**** you Blizz!! Every time I quit WoW and every expansion I get pulled back in!

Just saw the awesome trailer and I think this one's going to be no different.

The Furbolg design works. They look like tribal bear people.

I'm not a huge fan of the Draenei, but they're believable and appear to have had at least a little effort put into their design.

The Kung fu panda design doesn't work. They look like something you'd see in a goofy children's cartoon. Oh wait..

Why anyone would want to play as one of these is baffling.

322462-world-of-warcraft-pandaren.jpg

Out of all the possibilities. Fat, ugly panda people.

I'm not a huge fan of the Draenei, but they're believable and appear to have had at least a little effort put into their design.

The Kung fu panda design doesn't work. They look like something you'd see in a goofy children's cartoon. Oh wait..

322462-world-of-warcraft-pandaren.jpg

Out of all the possibilities. Fat, ugly panda people.

Really? The Pandaren have the most effort in their design by far. Their entire culture is shown throughout Pandaria, the only race to be shown completely through a continent. Not to mention the ridiculous posture and body shape of the Draenei that you claim is believable. The males upper body is fridge sized and the females have a 90 degree curve in their spine. It really sounds like you are predetermined to hate this expansion without even trying it. :huh

Well then you are just hear to make negative posts to rain on peoples parade who are actually excited to get back in the game. And yes, I don't mind the Pandas or the whole Asian themed continent they will have.

Everybody rips off someone else at some point. Why can't WOW?
I'll enjoy it for what it is.

If you can make positive posts about it then I can make negative posts, it doesn't matter if you don't like it.

Tribal Bear People = ok

Mystical Bear People = No, no, no, all wrong, fail.

Also, nobody has to play as this new race. Your hand is not being forced.

:slap:slap

Really? The Pandaren have the most effort in their design by far. Their entire culture is shown throughout Pandaria, the only race to be shown completely through a continent. Not to mention the ridiculous posture and body shape of the Draenei that you claim is believable. The males upper body is fridge sized and the females have a 90 degree curve in their spine. It really sounds like you are predetermined to hate this expansion without even trying it. :huh
I'm not talking about their culture. I like that they have been given a whole continent and a lot of lore..I just wish they weren't fatass pandas.

The Draenei do have exaggerated chests. I don't like that about them.
But it's nowhere near as bad as the pandas.
Looking at the chests again..they're not even that exaggerated actually.

All of the race designs look kind of silly in-game because of the graphics...but this panda thing would look silly either way. Because it's a ****ing fatass panda.

It's the fat thing. That's what I don't like. Why can't they be pandas that aren't the size and shape of wrecking balls?

From what I've read about MoP, it seems like a bit of a step in the right direction. The pandas are pretty much my main problem.

I'm not talking about their culture. I like that they have been given a whole continent and a lot of lore..I just wish they weren't fatass pandas.

The Draenei do have exaggerated chests. I don't like that about them.
But it's nowhere near as bad as the pandas.
Looking at the chests again..they're not even that exaggerated actually.

All of the race designs look kind of silly in-game because of the graphics...but this panda thing would look silly either way. Because it's a ****ing fatass panda.

It's the fat thing. That's what I don't like. Why can't they be pandas that aren't the size and shape of wrecking balls?

From what I've read about MoP, it seems like a bit of a step in the right direction. The pandas are pretty much my main problem.

The female dwarfs are fat and ugly too. I just won't play the game now....:)

Anyway, maybe it will actually be FUN, to be a martial art moves based character and a monk.
The fact that they are pandas are the last thing I would think about. For me it would be class and the type of player and attributes and role I want to play.

I don't play the game anymore because it blows ass. Not because they added these stupid pandas.

Dwarves are stumpy. They always have been. For the...500+ years they've been in our mythical stories.

That's cool that you don't care whatsoever about what your race is. I on the other hand do. It's one of the MOST important things on my mind when creating a character.

Yeah Pandas make no sense, talking cows that talk and stand on 2 feet is where it's at.

Yeah Pandas make no sense, talking cows that talk and stand on 2 feet is where it's at.

This is the main problem - the designer(s) and producers have lost their touch with reality. The line between "what is best" and "what I want" is gone and that's why we got what we got. What was sarcasmic back there is now making a serious look.

^ Minotaurs.

The Taurens' enemies in the game are even Centaurs.

Minotaur:

karn_the_minotaur_boss.jpg

Centaur:

archer3.jpg

Tauren are not Minotaurs. They are similar, but they are not 1/2 man, half bull, Created by divine-inspired bestiality.
They're anthropomorphic cows. Technically, they're Cow/bull Furries :lol

Elves, Goblins, Orcs, Trolls...then we randomly have bipedal bull people? Their design obviously came from the Minotaur.

Back