Wondercon 2013 in Anaheim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm exhausted this morning. I wanna show you guys the tiny haul I made at this con. Very low key actually...

All I got for myself were three pieces of art from Ellison Keomaka. My Son of course did much better.

GREAT con though.

I had a blast this weekend!
I ran into ShorRound on Friday, and met with KenBenobi and FuryStorm pretty much all Saturday during panels and Dinner! :duff
I like that WonderCon is smaller than SDCC, but it definitely was bigger than last year's.
I didn't get the chance to meet cofphoto but hopefully since you're local we can meet some other time dude!
:wave

Oh, but I did go back and shake Tony McVey's hand. It was my third time I went to the table, and I said "I would be remiss if I didn't shake the man's hand that created Salacious Crumb."

Do not wash that hand

McVey shook my hand politely, then KenBenobi jumped on the bandwagon, and asked for a handshake. After that, I noticed McVey rubbing his hand along his pant leg!

:rotfl

Okay so it's not really a haul, but here's what I got at WonderCon. I used a lot of restraint this time around. I only ended up buying one slip cased box set of graphic novel called Rewind. The artist signed and drew in each of my books and apparently the project was put together with Kickstarter funds. So besides that I only got my Darth Vader Buddha and these three pieces of R2-D2 art.

The Buddha bears repeating, because like I mentioned before maybe he's limited to only 11 or 12 pieces total and the artist will keep one. The piece immediately grabbed my attention because it brought together two of the most important things in my life. Of course one of those things of Star Wars.

B6E10598-FEA6-42FC-A337-47B48A278731-6947-00000483EE00980E_zps0c01a4ae.jpg

41B03B71-BED2-460D-B8E6-F2126B284964-4577-0000032EE4EC9004_zps82230b3b.jpg

Back