Wondercon 2013 in Anaheim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cofphoto

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else is going? We've had our hotel booked (the Hilton Convention Center) for a couple of months now. Tickets are supposed to go on sale "in January".

Anyone else attending? We went last year and it was great. We live in San Diego and go to SDCC every year, it was a nice change of pace. Hoping there will be more great movie panels this year.

Yes you should go. I went last year and had a great time. It's an awesome way to hold you over until the big show in July. Last year was the first year at Anaheim and it was still a great time. This year should blow last year away. CCI has almost doubled the size from last year. If you have any questions ask. And in case you haven't heard tickets are already on sale.

I'm hoping that Anaheim will do well enough that they'll have both. A bit interesting that they didn't have one up there this year though. Even though it's to my benefit to have it down here, I'm a bit miffed as to the apparent lack of effort to have one up there?

We are going to go on Friday. I'm glad that Wondercon is down here for at least a couple of years. Gives me a chance to check it out.

I'll be there all weekend too. Can't wait. Hoping, praying that there will be at least one superhero movie panel (maybe Wolverine?) Probably not Iron Man since they had one at SDCC last year, and same for Man of Steel. PLEASE at least one??

Yes! I got permission to go to Wondercon for the two day weekend. So now I'm on the lookout for a roommate to share accommodations with for at least Sat night, and possibly Friday night as well...

:panic: :D

Are you building one of those remote control R2 units? I know there is a club, and I'm sure they will be there. I remember several of them walking around, my Son loved them.

Yes, but I'm just scratching he surface of a huge endeavor. Working on just the dome now. But yeah, I'm hoping to chat up some droid builders at Wondercon.

Just registered, after having to wait for account setup to be reopened after the debacle that is SDCC badge ordering. I'm all set for the entire convention now, and can't wait to hang out with KenBenobi.

Hoping to see a freaks get together either Friday or Saturday night. :pray:

We'll be there Fri / Sat / Sun. Trying to work on a Rescue Cap costume for my Son. So if you see a 6 year old with a blue painted Army helmet and a metal shield, that's probably us. ;)

Just registered, after having to wait for account setup to be reopened after the debacle that is SDCC badge ordering. I'm all set for the entire convention now, and can't wait to hang out with KenBenobi.

Hoping to see a freaks get together either Friday or Saturday night. :pray:

For sure!! I'll be in contact with the usual suspects and will let you guys know!

I'll be there too. Let's have the get together.

:hi5:

We'll be there Fri / Sat / Sun. Trying to work on a Rescue Cap costume for my Son. So if you see a 6 year old with a blue painted Army helmet and a metal shield, that's probably us. ;)

Nice! look forward to meeting you dude!

I wonder if there will be much in the way of Hot Toys figures for sale at the show? I was amazed how few I was able to find at SDCC last year, but there were actually many more at LBCC.

My Son's Rescue Captain America costume is almost complete. Just bought these off of Ebay:

Tesseract

$(KGrHqN,!qUFEECTVuNtBRBswdU!kg~~60_57.JPG

29" Metal Shield

$T2eC16NHJF0E9nmFQi05BRE,JUEfMg~~60_57.JPG

Back