Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to go through 2 shields and 3 hair pieces before I finally got a perfect statue. Worth the trouble, IMO.

No doubt. My issues were on the body and spear, which I imagine would be easier to ship undamaged than the fragile hair or the nice but poorly-factory-painted shield, but I'd just fallen out of love with it by that point. I'm hoping someone does a Golden Age WW or at least one than incorporates the lasso more (the Cover Girls one made great use of wire for a dynamic pose.) Right now GA WW is only represented by smaller Hallmark and DCD pieces and her lasso, which is arguably her most powerful weapon, is too often an accessory, like Batgirl's purse.

2009-DC-Direct-Cover-Girls-of-the-DC-Universe-Statue-Wonder-Woman-002.jpg

Considering this or batgirl, see people have much more issues with Wonder Woman. Maybe I should wait until the new shipments go out?

I had to return my 1st WW last year cause it had fit issues and I believe lots of people returned theirs for various other issues. The painters they used did a mediocre job, but some people got some that were flawlessly painted and issue-free. This statue had broken spears and broken hair pieces. It was a total disappointment, cause this so far was the only statue I had to return. But hopefully when I get my new 1 coming in this next batch will be a good 1. It's hard not to have this character in your collection, cause she's WW.

Last edited:
Considering this or batgirl, see people have much more issues with Wonder Woman. Maybe I should wait until the new shipments go out?

Both are great statues, but if I were to get both but only have funds for one at the moment, I'll go for Batgirl first. Batgirl's way more limited than Wonder Woman. SSC's already sold out all of Batgirl's 1500 EX while there's only 2500 of the regular and SSC's already started shipping its next batch, I wouldn't bet that there's still 1500 chances of ordering it while there could still be 3000 regulars of WW on its way.

Both are great statues, but if I were to get both but only have funds for one at the moment, I'll go for Batgirl first. Batgirl's way more limited than Wonder Woman. SSC's already sold out all of Batgirl's 1500 EX while there's only 2500 of the regular and SSC's already started shipping its next batch, I wouldn't bet that there's still 1500 chances of ordering it while there could still be 3000 regulars of WW on its way.

I agree with all that, and would add that the Batgirl profile is my favorite female profile on any statue. Here eyes are are amazing.

I guess I was lucky. My WW has no problems. Even the paint app is much better than some that I've seen on youtube.

I know some people here don't want to admit it and get deeply offended, but WW for all the hype it had and 2014 most anticipated female PF, it was like a somewhat fail to some collectors on many levels. From that cheaply made hollow base, to the very delicate, fragile spear and hair piece, to the cheap pin and peg attachments when it should have been strong magnets, to the fit problems many had on the base, the shield paint application was bad on some and last but certainly not least the paint application on the actual figure was mediocre. I know to some it wasn't a big deal and she looked fantastic, but in comparison to other PFs released, WW was inferior and a disappointment. I truly hope this statue holds up with time.

Any news when the next batch will arrive? My LCS in Malaysia only received 20 pcs as the first batch and that was April 2015. No news yet on when the next batch is coming. I am hoping the delay is due to the change of factory and SS has addressed the issue from the earlier batch.

Yes... Truly hope they learn and improve on the mistake. I am also still waitin for WW in Indonesia.

I'm still happy with my WW but I will admit I absolutely hate the base, its too big but it also looks cheap relative to how real greek columns looks. That and I hope going forward SS makes more statues either looking straight ahead or upward. I don't like their recent obsession with a downward tilt. There is only so much display space available at eye level.

WW is still a great statue and I can't wait to get my 2nd chance with it. She really has a great body and fierce, determined face. She looks like the ultimate warrior ready to do battle and she's a definite must have statue in any collection. I'm gonna display mine high and give her special care with a swifter duster to keep her pretty dust-free. Actually if the reincarnated tombo glass doors now called Fiskviken come back to the U.S., she's going inside the Besta behind that glass door.

I was truly fortunate to able to inspect her in person at my lcs. Mine is flawless. I know not everyone has that option available, and it sucks if you're after an exclusive and have to order sight unseen. For me the axe wasn't a big deal so I just went with the reg.

WW is still a great statue and I can't wait to get my 2nd chance with it. She really has a great body and fierce, determined face. She looks like the ultimate warrior ready to do battle and she's a definite must have statue in any collection. I'm gonna display mine high and give her special care with a swifter duster to keep her pretty dust-free. Actually if the reincarnated tombo glass doors now called Fiskviken come back to the U.S., she's going inside the Besta behind that glass door.

Hey just a warning but do not read the post of the guy below!

I know some people here don't want to admit it and get deeply offended, but WW for all the hype it had and 2014 most anticipated female PF, it was like a somewhat fail to some collectors on many levels. From that cheaply made hollow base, to the very delicate, fragile spear and hair piece, to the cheap pin and peg attachments when it should have been strong magnets, to the fit problems many had on the base, the shield paint application was bad on some and last but certainly not least the paint application on the actual figure was mediocre. I know to some it wasn't a big deal and she looked fantastic, but in comparison to other PFs released, WW was inferior and a disappointment. I truly hope this statue holds up with time.

Back