Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From my understanding their rights to comic based characters is a partnership with sideshow. So yeah it would have to be something that Sideshow doesn't think will interfer with their PF line. From what Jerry from PCS said, Sideshow had a World Wide license for DC comics in nearly every scale that wasn't already taken. Thats why Jerry had to try 1/7th wall hanging statues. It was one of the only things left available.

I know Yamato has the 1/6 scale license and given that SS has never done 1/5 DC piece makes me believe SS only has the 1/4 scale license, although I could easily be wrong... but why pay for the 1/5 scale license if you don't plan on using it.. waste of money...

I know Yamato has the 1/6 scale license and given that SS has never done 1/5 DC piece makes me believe SS only has the 1/4 scale license, although I could easily be wrong... but why pay for the 1/5 scale license if you don't plan on using it.. waste of money...
Yamato has 1/6th but its based on an artist interpertation, Luis Royo. Koto also has a 1/6th but I think they are all Jim Lee based. And Tweeterhead has a 1/6th but I think thats only 3 specific lisenses, tv, film and golden age comic based.

Lisenses can be split into multiple facets. I'm just going by comments made. Its posdible SSC was going to do a 1/5th comiquette line when they got the license but since the only had so many resources at their disposal and 1/4 is their bread and butter they may have entered a partnership with Prime1.

This is all conjecture but it makes sense. This way Sideshow gets to distribute 1/5th by Prime1, gets a cut of the sales, Prime1 gets the asian market to themselves and everyone is happy. Plus originally I believe Sideshow also had the 1/2 scale license and we know Prime1 is doing 1/2 Dark Knight statues, so who knows what business deals have gone down behind the scenes.

I believe I read somewhere that Prime also has the rights to all of the DC characters. I think they're going to release the comic based statues in 1/5 scale. Not 100% sure on it though.

They hinted Frank Miller and Jim Lee bat right.

Yamato has 1/6th but its based on an artist interpertation, Luis Royo. Koto also has a 1/6th but I think they are all Jim Lee based. And Tweeterhead has a 1/6th but I think thats only 3 specific lisenses, tv, film and golden age comic based.

Lisenses can be split into multiple facets. I'm just going by comments made. Its posdible SSC was going to do a 1/5th comiquette line when they got the license but since the only had so many resources at their disposal and 1/4 is their bread and butter they may have entered a partnership with Prime1.

This is all conjecture but it makes sense. This way Sideshow gets to distribute 1/5th by Prime1, gets a cut of the sales, Prime1 gets the asian market to themselves and everyone is happy. Plus originally I believe Sideshow also had the 1/2 scale license and we know Prime1 is doing 1/2 Dark Knight statues, so who knows what business deals have gone down behind the scenes.

Could be... although I don't think SS has done anything with DC in the 1/2 scale department... Just Star Wars, Marvel and few movie based ones like Avatar...

Could be... although I don't think SS has done anything with DC in the 1/2 scale department... Just Star Wars, Marvel and few movie based ones like Avatar...

There's a 1/2 Joker head sculpt and they had the 1/2 Catwoman that looks to be cancelled.

There's a 1/2 Joker head sculpt and they had the 1/2 Catwoman that looks to be cancelled.

Exactly, I'm not saying they've completely ditched 1/2scale but as for DC Comics, with the issues they've had, they may have just lent it out through a business partnership for the time being. They've been churning out 1/4 scale DC pieces so why stop or slow down by using a resource on them when people are buying PF's left and right?

Though that might change with the new price increases, Not so much with Luthor, I think many were expecting him to be more expensive, but if say Nightwing or Robin hit that $500 mark, well, different story there.

They hinted Frank Miller and Jim Lee bat right.

Well, that's a bit tricky because Miller and Lee Bats were offered as skins in the Arkham games. So, it could technically be offered as statues in the Arkham line. However, I could have sworn Kira confirmed that classic comic DC statues are on the way. Kira didn't confirm the scale if my memory is correct.

Well, that's a bit tricky because Miller and Lee Bats were offered as skins in the Arkham games. So, it could technically be offered as statues in the Arkham line. However, I could have sworn Kira confirmed that classic comic DC statues are on the way. Kira didn't confirm the scale if my memory is correct.
I thought they said classic statues were 1/5th.

Hi, I am new to collecting statues and I am thinking about preordering the wonder woman statue. I have been reading comments about some problems people have had with this statue. Since this will be the second wave of the statue release, I was wondering, does sideshow try to fix the problems from the first release ?

thanks

Hi, I am new to collecting statues and I am thinking about preordering the wonder woman statue. I have been reading comments about some problems people have had with this statue. Since this will be the second wave of the statue release, I was wondering, does sideshow try to fix the problems from the first release ?

thanks

Odds are you will get a good one, but it does seem to be a flip of the coin....

The biggest Issues seemed to be the broken spear and some of the paint lines on the boots were a little off. I do remember a couple times that the casting where the left arm bracelet attaches were bad, but other than those times it came out quite well. Personally mine had no defects.

thanks
If you have a problem ask them for replacement parts or send it back for another one. There are also some for sale in the commerce section here and eBay, ones that have been inspected so you would not have to worry. I had to send my original back to SS, but found a good one on eBay.

So they do a second version go-round with these statues? I know the Batman got a different costume his second time around. Any chance they sofetened the features on Wonder Woman and made her more feminie and less manly? She should look more like my avatar. The Super Friends aren't complete without a Wonder woman.

So they do a second version go-round with these statues? I know the Batman got a different costume his second time around. Any chance they sofetened the features on Wonder Woman and made her more feminie and less manly? She should look more like my avatar. The Super Friends aren't complete without a Wonder woman.

I'd suggest just going for a different statue if you don't like the look. WW's head is attached to the rest of the body sculpt, so I doubt they'll ever rework the face if variants are planned beyond the Red Son one. The face fits the warrior look SS went for here and I wish I could've kept mine. It had too many issues, though.

The blue variant is a separate release. There's also a new batch of the black/gray Bats coming.

I had to go through 2 shields and 3 hair pieces before I finally got a perfect statue. Worth the trouble, IMO.

Back