Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ccgunlimited. Funnily enough, although the seller never responded to my message or case within the time frame, he immediately emailed me following the verdict asking for positive feedback both on eBay and some business survey. I emailed him back saying that's not happening unless I'm allowed to return the item or exchange it for the one I ordered, so I'll wait a day or two for his response before leaving negative feedback.

I tried to appeal the case this morning, but it just sent me to an impassable automated message telling me the case was decided. Waste of time. I have some reliable sellers that I frequently do business with on eBay, but I'm seriously considering paring down my purchases on the site if this is the kind of "protection" I can expect from scammers when I've accumulated nothing but positive feedback from the last 3 years.

ccgunlimited. Funnily enough, although the seller never responded to my message or case within the time frame, he immediately emailed me following the verdict asking for positive feedback both on eBay and some business survey. I emailed him back saying that's not happening unless I'm allowed to return the item or exchange it for the one I ordered, so I'll wait a day or two for his response before leaving negative feedback.

I tried to appeal the case this morning, but it just sent me to an impassable automated message telling me the case was decided. Waste of time. I have some reliable sellers that I frequently do business with on eBay, but I'm seriously considering paring down my purchases on the site if this is the kind of "protection" I can expect from scammers when I've accumulated nothing but positive feedback from the last 3 years.

Totally with you, my Wonder Woman I purchased on there weeks ago still has no update and my money is in limbo; it's a joke.
In November I bought an expensive tv through eBay, (never do that), and it came broken and the seller was a nightmare to deal with. They dragged everything out until the last day for everything. I was forced to go through eBay's high dollar department which was even worse.
What I learned was if you buy anything over $1k the seller gets extra time over what is usually allowed for a return, regardless of how unprofessional and slow their replies are.
I buy a lot on eBay but I'm done buying anything over a couple hundred dollars because it's so terrible when the anonymous seller is a dirtball and refuses to do what's right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that. I'll probably follow your lead on not buying anything over a certain amount there again, which is depressing. I basically built my entire comic and art supply collection from eBay (I would've never been able to afford a third of what I own without some some amazing, generous sellers on there.) It's going to be tough switching from having one general feed to find everything at good prices.

Sorry to hear that. I'll probably follow your lead on not buying anything over a certain amount there again, which is depressing. I basically built my entire comic and art supply collection from eBay (I would've never been able to afford a third of what I own without some some amazing, generous sellers on there.) It's going to be tough switching from having one general feed to find everything at good prices.

Totally agree. I buy way too much on there but I'll try and stick to here and the fb groups for big ticket items

There's scammers on the facebook groups too.

They're everywhere but if you're smart you won't get ripped off on the groups or on here either. If a price is too good don't buy it, if the person has 1 friend on fb or 3 posts on here don't buy from them, etc...

Just a quick update on the ccgunlimited situation (sorry for hijacking this thread with this.) The seller had the nerve to send me a personal email asking for positive feedback both on eBay and some random business survey immediately after the case was decided. I emailed the owner back saying there's no chance of that unless he takes responsibility for mis-listing , if not outright scamming me, and offers a free return/exchange for the item I actually ordered. No reply (I even gave an extra couple days to respond due to the holiday.) I finally decide to leave negative feedback on eBay to warn other potential buyers since I've noticed him selling more figures instead of just cards. Ebay removed the feedback just as quickly, so it's no wonder I haven't seen any negative feedback from the other people he sold the statue to on his account.

I'm officially restricting my eBay use to trusted users I've dealt with in the past. I sympathize with honest sellers for whom these systems are set up for, but it's disconcerting how desperate eBay is now to avoid honoring their money back guarantee when I wasn't even asking them to issue me a refund. I just wanted them to administer a return/exchange without my unfairly being asked to pay return shipping (although, given this particular seller's lack of communication, I think he would've ignored me even if I offered to do that.)

Positive feedback?! That guy must be crazy! If only you can b**** slap someone through the Internet ...we really need an app for that.

It's cool that this still won "Bestt SS Release 2015" despite poor quality control (probably due to high run), potentially putting collectors off due to massive base and width, and other issues. I think Steve Schumacher did brilliantly and it deserves it. If you have one of these with little or no issues, it truly is a beaut. I have a great EX stat and it stands tall in my collection. I really thought Batgirl would get more votes due to it being released more recently and fondly remembered.

Might pick her up and get the trinity thing going, but it will tempt me to go for the JL team Aquaman and Green lantern. I'm trying to stick to my batman stuff lol.

Might pick her up and get the trinity thing going, but it will tempt me to go for the JL team Aquaman and Green lantern. I'm trying to stick to my batman stuff lol.

It starts that way and then the next one and then. Just figure out exactly what you would like on your display and make it happen!

It starts that way and then the next one and then. Just figure out exactly what you would like on your display and make it happen!

In addition to thinking about "what" you want displayed I would advise to do some long term projections on space. You can only house so many of these mega large 1/4 pieces.

In addition to thinking about "what" you want displayed I would advise to do some long term projections on space. You can only house so many of these mega large 1/4 pieces.

P1 making beautiful 1:3, these are also tempting. Plus they announce Marvel comic. Jim Lee Batman. I don't even see myself placing any PO until I've seen what P1 are offering.

Saw her at a new store under different lighting, she looked kind of like Cobie Smulders :lol

What's the P1 going to look like? Any prototype/production photos?

P1 making beautiful 1:3, these are also tempting. Plus they announce Marvel comic. Jim Lee Batman. I don't even see myself placing any PO until I've seen what P1 are offering.

Saw her at a new store under different lighting, she looked kind of like Cobie Smulders [emoji38]

What's the P1 going to look like? Any prototype/production photos?
Prime1 only has the DC game license for Arkham in 1/3. Wonder Woman was never in those so your shot at a 1/3 of her is about nil.

Prime1 only has the DC game license for Arkham in 1/3. Wonder Woman was never in those so your shot at a 1/3 of her is about nil.

I believe I read somewhere that Prime also has the rights to all of the DC characters. I think they're going to release the comic based statues in 1/5 scale. Not 100% sure on it though.

I believe I read somewhere that Prime also has the rights to all of the DC characters. I think they're going to release the comic based statues in 1/5 scale. Not 100% sure on it though.
From my understanding their rights to comic based characters is a partnership with sideshow. So yeah it would have to be something that Sideshow doesn't think will interfer with their PF line. From what Jerry from PCS said, Sideshow had a World Wide license for DC comics in nearly every scale that wasn't already taken. Thats why Jerry had to try 1/7th wall hanging statues. It was one of the only things left available.

Back