Premium Format Wonder Woman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Wonder Woman for late 2012

I would be willing to bet that with his talent he could probably muster up a face you would be happy with.

Didn't say that it wasn't a nice face. Just shows up too much.

I think Stanley's women do share a certain commonality amongst their faces, but I also think he gives them each enough differentiation to know that they are each their own person. Personally, I'm just jealous as hell of the guy and wish I had even a smidgen of his talent!

The only problem I have with his art is that all the faces are the same. Does he use the same model for every female character?

An artists style becomes their short hand and it comes down to muscle memory. Most of what the pros do is almost literally instinct after al of their years drawing. Faces, hands, feet all of it blurs into that memory, and ANYTHING else takes conscious thought to do something differently. It is why styles can be so easily recognized. The fact that his faces are similar is his style, and I can bet that if he was really focused on varying them you would see more of a difference.

I know someone will die when i say this but i wouldnt mind the WW #600 whr she had pant. I like the tight leather look and it just looks better then the classic to me i dont need to see everything i like some mystery. :cuckoo: i know everyone prob want classic WW but, imo i liked that WW better made her seem more like a Women not a geek half nudie mag. :horror I know hows taking the 1st shot at my imo freedom of speech lol hoping nobody :cuckoo:

the artgerm Poison Ivy,Harley Quinn and Catwoman I posted were all picked up by SS.So HQ and CW could already be in some sort of pre-production mode.

here are a few artgerm gems WW,SG,PG..

wonderwomanreturnbyartgerm_zps3f9bd780.jpg

supergirlskybyartgerm_zps836e2f55.jpg

powergirl2byartgerm_zps5d25d1a9.jpg

I realize it might be blasphemy putting a MARVEL character on this thread, but since we're on an Artgerm tear, I thought I'd plunk this here, too, since it's SO easy on the eyes....!!!

Invisible-Woman-Pin-Up-artgem.jpg

Nice posts, guys! Artgerm is awesome and one of my favorite artists. :rock:rock:rock

I know someone will die when i say this but i wouldnt mind the WW #600 whr she had pant. I like the tight leather look and it just looks better then the classic to me i dont need to see everything i like some mystery. :cuckoo: i know everyone prob want classic WW but, imo i liked that WW better made her seem more like a Women not a geek half nudie mag. :horror I know hows taking the 1st shot at my imo freedom of speech lol hoping nobody :cuckoo:

Hey you are aloud to think what you want, and want it. However, just so you know the PF has been confirmed to be the classic. Also, as much as I liked that costume I am not sure if it appeared enough to get its own PF.

I'm afraid I'm a dyed-in-wool fan of classic WW, but I wouldn't be opposed to see two figures of her (or, since it's going to be a PF version, perhaps it could come with both versions?). I also agree with Spidey---it's a free country, do feel free to let people know what you're thinking! If you can't express your thoughts about WW (or any other "geek" stuff) here, I don't know where you'd do it at....!

I'm afraid I'm a dyed-in-wool fan of classic WW, but I wouldn't be opposed to see two figures of her (or, since it's going to be a PF version, perhaps it could come with both versions?). I also agree with Spidey---it's a free country, do feel free to let people know what you're thinking! If you can't express your thoughts about WW (or any other "geek" stuff) here, I don't know where you'd do it at....!

To have BOTH you would need to have TWO full statues. Body and heads would have to be different.

I know I have free speech I just figured someone would have a stroke and say noooo I hate that look your so dumb bsbsbs.... thats all I was saying lol :rotfl so that just mean I buy an ex and then a esv from my lcs and custom paint job here I come. :pfft: lol

I figured it would be the classic that's almost what they had to do I don't blame SS I just prefer the women/professional WW with pant lol

I figured it would be the classic that's almost what they had to do I don't blame SS I just prefer the women/professional WW with pant lol

Well it isn't like you are saying we all have to want it or we are idiots for wanting the classic so as far as I am concerned you deserve some respect...:wink1:

Don't worry. After the Classic Wonder Women PF is made, just give it a few more years. SS will do the New Jim Lee version for sure. Yeah the pants had it's own style, made her look more mature. Well At least they tried a different costume.

I really wish DC had kept her with pants. :dunno

Classic Jim Lee design.....which I hate.

I don't see anything wrong with it given how they change her origin at the time. I am partial to the pants only because it helps avoid the heroic warrior BAYWATCH BABE thing they have going with the classic. However, there isn't anything wrong with your opinion either.

Back