Wonder Woman - June 2, 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Wonder Woman - June 23, 2017

The invisible plane just doesn't fit with the Amazon setting like "Amazon technology". I hope if they do it, doesn't belong to Wonder Woman, and is instead a military plane like in the new 52.

She can fly, almost as fast and tough as Superman, she doesn't a plane, it's stupid.

The invisible plane just doesn't fit with the Amazon setting like "Amazon technology". I hope if they do it, doesn't belong to Wonder Woman, and is instead a military plane like in the new 52.

She can fly, almost as fast and tough as Superman, she doesn't a plane, it's stupid.

Maybe if they do they'll make it military stealth jet with a tongue-in-cheek reference to the invisible jet. :D

It's no stupider than the idea that "Paradise Isle" exists on some alternate plane of existence, that bipedal humanoid aliens are the first ones humankind runs across, etc. etc. etc. As for "Amazon technology," why would that be less sophisticated than some form of modern military technology?

It's no stupider than the idea that "Paradise Isle" exists on some alternate plane of existence, that bipedal humanoid aliens are the first ones humankind runs across, etc. etc. etc.
It is, very much much stupider, that alternate planes of existence is something theoretical physicists debate about, bipedal humanoid aliens, a little far fetched, but stupid? How is anything of that stupid? Having a plane for someone who's faster and tougher than any plane on the other hand.... Pretty dumb.

I hate it when people think just because it's "comics" they're allowed to go further than silly into stupid and it's ok because "comics"... You're allowed to have some threshold, not everything has to be illogical 5th dimension silliness.

As for "Amazon technology," why would that be less sophisticated than some form of modern military technology?
I didn't mean it in terms of advancement or sophistication, I meant it in terms of how out of place it is.

Last edited:

It's just logically incoherent to say X is OK, but Y is not when the premise is a spandex and cape wearing alien god character flies around destro. . .er, saving the earth and whatnot. But whatever. Marvel Studios would do an invisible jet, and it would be awesome and fun. DC/WB probably won't, and if they did it would probably explode and kill a bunch of children or something.

It's not logically incoherent at all, giving a plane to a flying superwoman is.

Silly is ok, stupid is not and the plane is stupid, might as well give guns to green lantern, he already has the ring, but whatever! "Comickz!!!".

Oh yeah, let's remember how Marvel made Malekith a prankster blue elf, or how they gave Hawkeye his purple wolverine-like mask, or made the mandarin accurate, or how they didn't give Ultron teeth and pupils, or, how they gave the Scarlet witch her ridiculous red dress, or how they made the frost giants huge and dangerous, but it's ok becoz either "616 Marvurrr" or just becoz Marvurrr.... :lol

I remember thinking Lynda Carter as Wonder Women had "force" abilities when I was young. She was able to make things move down there as I watched her on the TV set!! :naughty

:rotfl I bet.

lynda_carter_poster_5SGu2pZ.sized.jpg

The invisible jet would make a great Hot Toys vehicle.

Prolly cost $1000

Make the invisible jet the transportation method for the JL, that'd be cool, or better yet, make it the transportation method for Amanda Waller and her team.

Helicarrier for Shield, that's also fine.

A Pegasus for WW would be cool too... Or let's say they do give her the invisible jet (although it's a dumb concept), at least establish that the plane is a lot faster and tougher than WW herself, and that would be a disservice to the character.

They could just show a couple scenes of her struggling with her school work and paying rent which causes her to lose the power of flight. Then she relies on the jet until she realizes that the world needs Wonder Woman and that both her lives can CO-EXIST, dun dun dun!

Yeah, I guess the jet idea is kind of stupid and silly. But her flying around on a Pegasus! Would totally work. Gritty and realistic.

-Man of Murder jokes, check.
-Marvel is all fun and perfection delusion, check.
-Ignore Marvel detours greatly from source, check.
-"Gritty and realistic" mention, check.

Like I said, Pegasus only if she can't fly by herself, which would be lame.

I never saw anybody complain about Thor not having his flying goats :duh

Back