Wonder Woman 1984 - 1/6th scale Wonder Woman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surprised to see only 50’pages here especially with this long ass delay.

Got her and was unsure of how I’d like her but she’s far the best Wonder Woman ever,

In my opinion none of the custom
Heads or former HT heads can touch this. Including the golden armor one which I like, but this is by far the best likeness to gal Gadot we have seen. None of the custom ones come close to this and I understand it’s usually the other way around. And the paint only marginally shifted from JC’s Proto… one of the better ones

I was skeptical of the sculpted hair but now that HT is rolling I think it’s the way to go. These guys who do rooted hair well, (and I’m good at it but I’ll admit I have no idea what these guys are putting in it that give it that sculpted starchy look)- freemen feng, tetsu… there are like 2 or three of them. They are the only ones who can get it to look right. Even HT’s new prototype is not even close to that level IMO. So you might as well go sculpted, it’s sculpted well so I feel the relalism
Is mostly there. If anything I think it’s too light here but I like it overall.

I’m only after Wonder Woman 1- the only good thing that the DCEU ever put out. So you could argue the red is too bright for that movie but I don’t care it looks awesome. Luckily I have training armor and got the sword, cloak and holster from LJ so I’m set and now can completely sell my BVS.

Also using the training gauntlets and a custom lasso.

I have not seen mentioned what the HELL is with these giant oven mitt hands? I’d use the training armor hands but the skin tone is off.

The other issue: the long neck.. push her shoulders up a bit, they sit low out of the box once pushed up it’s not as noticeable and I didn’t feel the need to mod,

Unless inart tops it this will be my one and only WW. And I have to say I love her.

wonder if her body will crack, is this hot toys first attempt using a silicone body?

I’m going to do an addendum to my review above in stating lifting the shoulders was enough… and advocate for removing the inner neck plug, take a hair drier for 30 seconds and needle nose pliers and slight tug. No muss no fuss.put the head back on it just sits in the neck and you are good to go.

It is a bit better and more natural looking overall now. Retains articulation in the same way as if the plug was still in there. It literally does not matter if the neck plug is in there … I saw that mentioned before a few pages back and it’s worth repeating… so put away your dremel and x-acto and any of that BS for hardcore mods no half ball and silicone cutting necessary: Coming from a guy who will gut a figure to the bone to make it look marginally better… you don’t need it. Don’t **** around, and don’t ruin your figure.

Let’s face it you WILL sell this one day. The inevitable better version IS coming

You guys reckon this will be THE Wonder Woman to get?

I am currently trying to collect the main Trinity because I loved the Zack Snyder era.

I am currently trying to collect the main Trinity because I loved the Zack Snyder era.
Depends on how much you want to spend and for how long you want to wait as most are convinced the InArt Wonder Woman will trump this one whenever it gets revealed and subsequently released

I’m going to do an addendum to my review above in stating lifting the shoulders was enough… and advocate for removing the inner neck plug, take a hair drier for 30 seconds and needle nose pliers and slight tug. No muss no fuss.put the head back on it just sits in the neck and you are good to go.

It is a bit better and more natural looking overall now. Retains articulation in the same way as if the plug was still in there. It literally does not matter if the neck plug is in there … I saw that mentioned before a few pages back and it’s worth repeating… so put away your dremel and x-acto and any of that BS for hardcore mods no half ball and silicone cutting necessary: Coming from a guy who will gut a figure to the bone to make it look marginally better… you don’t need it. Don’t **** around, and don’t ruin your figure.

Let’s face it you WILL sell this one day. The inevitable better version IS coming
Why not adjust the ball and socket if you want to? I don't think I ruined my figure doing that. I literally repainted the armor from top to bottom, so clearly preserving it's "like new" state is not my priority, lol. I liked the end result better than just friction fitting the head on the neck. I wasn't suggesting anyone do it, just sharing my mod. No need to bash it and call it BS. yeesh.

Just wanted to share my experience with the TYS Toys sword and shield combo I just received from ebay for my WW 2017 look on this 84 figure. The HT training armor version is going for mad money in the aftermarket, so I gave this company's cheaper version a shot and I really happy with it for the price. I can't speak to it's accuracy, but it's it's well proportioned, especially for WW84's larger hands. And the paintwork is tight and clean. The golds in particular look good with the antique gold look I added to her armor. So for what it's worth, I recommend them as an alternative to tracking down HT's version. I may do some added paint work on the shield to get a bit more accuracy from it for fun. Here's some shots with my modded 84 with her armor repaint.

s-l960.jpeg

asdfgh.jpg

fghre.jpg

ikij.jpg

asdfhgfertg.jpg

It's definitely the last most likely. Unless they want to try to nail her likeness but that's unlikely. I've never owned one of these before but I ordered one just in case it's the last. Don't care for the sculpt at all, just want the new body.

And I don't sell off my figs, unless it was an impulse buy or I got it in a trade and don't need it in the collection. Every figure I get, I improve it and keep it.

As for the body cracking, it may. All silicone cracks under pressure over time. Treat it the same way you treat other figures in your collection.

Got my first 2 WW, Jla and 84.
I prefer the bvs JLa dark armors and bodies (more athletic and muscles definition) but those HS sucked so got the 84 to use jla wich really looks like Gal Gadot. It looks lighter but I don't see it that much on display.

The most stupid thing is the feet pegs.
Why on earth they keep using those instead of ball joints?
So I modded the feets on my jla body but it can also be done on 84 (haven't done it yet because I'm still not sure what I will do with the complete but the HS, sell or keep...).

- Dismantle the heels, warm and pry easy.
- Dremel the feet
- Glued a rubber ball joint connector (got it from a ZC toys muscular body feet I had)
- long feet ball joints, cut the ball joint on one side and sand it to fit inside the legs
Full articulation now!

Attachments

• IMG_20230721_223901.jpg
    IMG_20230721_223901.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230721_223055.jpg
    IMG_20230721_223055.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230721_223232.jpg
    IMG_20230721_223232.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20230721_223327.jpg
    IMG_20230721_223327.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Just wanted to share my experience with the TYS Toys sword and shield combo I just received from ebay for my WW 2017 look on this 84 figure. The HT training armor version is going for mad money in the aftermarket, so I gave this company's cheaper version a shot and I really happy with it for the price. I can't speak to it's accuracy, but it's it's well proportioned, especially for WW84's larger hands. And the paintwork is tight and clean. The golds in particular look good with the antique gold look I added to her armor. So for what it's worth, I recommend them as an alternative to tracking down HT's version. I may do some added paint work on the shield to get a bit more accuracy from it for fun. Here's some shots with my modded 84 with her armor repaint.

View attachment 648487

View attachment 648488

View attachment 648489

View attachment 648490

View attachment 648492
This does look really nice @rory, thanks for the tip. Is that right hand from the 1984 figure and does it seem to hold that sword securely?

Back