Wolverine Legendary scale figure??!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a nice sculpt...Averone your pictures look great.

Personally I won't be purchasing this piece. I'm one of those guys who loves Wolvie in his brown costume. Never been a big fan of the yellow costume. However, if Sideshow produces a variant with the brown costume then I would seriously have to consider pulling the trigger.

Got the wolverine LSF yesterday. One of the claws was broken but will get it replaced so not too concerned .

Onto the statue. I really am impressed with this sculpt. Quite frankly I used to have the PF and never liked it because of the awkward pose and was not a fan of the portraits at all.

The LSF on the other hand looks amazing. The pose. the portrait, the details and even the fabric are great. I really would not change anything about this statue. The only negative thing I can say is that its not as big as I expected it to be for a 1/2 but then again i guess Wolverine is one of the smaller characters to begin with.

I agree about the Wolverine PF, dude. Ever since I laid eyes on it, I never really liked it at all. I know it's different in the eyes of other collectors, and that's cool with me. I just didn't like the open mouth and his arched, twisted pose. I know the whole thing is meant to look like he's impaling something (at least that's what it seems to me), but there's nothing there for him to impale. It would've been cool if they could've incorporated an extra hand that could be swapped out and actually had something being impaled at the end of his claws. As far as the open mouth goes, I would've just wanted him biting down while showing his teeth...just like they did with one of the original portraits to the LSF version.

Speaking of the LSF, you're right...I wouldn't touch a thing about it either. They made him look like a complete bad-***. Just like he should be....a total brawler waiting to F-up anything and everything standing in his way.

I know he's shorter in height due to his pose, making it look like he's not worth the 2 grand to a lot of people, but that's fine with me. I'm so happy SS didn't just stand him up in a pose like they did with Iron Man and the rest of the current line (excluding Predator and the Reaper). Wolverine's pose is completely dominating.

Steven

The wolverine PF was made to go with the sabretooth PF

Then an EX with Sabertooth's ugly severed mug at the end of his claws would've been awesome and a cheaper alternative to buying Sabertooth if collectors didn't want him, but oh well....it's already etched in stone anyway. I can dream, right?

Steven

I do wish SS would release a PF of this LSF. There's just no way I can display it. Well display it somewhere it won't piss the wife off. I need my own room like Mamba :(

I've just been told how much I'm getting back from my tax rebate so I could get this easily now

I do wish SS would release a PF of this LSF. There's just no way I can display it. Well display it somewhere it won't piss the wife off. I need my own room like Mamba :(

I've just been told how much I'm getting back from my tax rebate so I could get this easily now

as i said in my prior post, this isnt as big as i expected. as far as LSFs go this will probably be one of the smallest.

True the second head is going to be awesome if anybody can top the original head Troy can

It's a shame Gore Group could not provide us with one, yet Troy is a master head sculptor. He does excellent work indeed! :lecture

It's a shame Gore Group could not provide us with one, yet Troy is a master head sculptor. He does excellent work indeed! :lecture

Indeed the gambit head he did for the pf was very cool
Do you know what kind of head it will be ie more savage or like the gore group head

as i said in my prior post, this isnt as big as i expected. as far as LSFs go this will probably be one of the smallest.

that's a good thing for me. I only have room for one tall 1:2 piece

And who is volunteering to do the second head for this wonderful sculpt :yess:

anymore info on this? Will the rest of us get a shot at getting one?

What kind of price will be on the new head?

Yes despite all my *****ing I still very well may pull the trigger on this.

that's a good thing for me. I only have room for one tall 1:2 piece

anymore info on this? Will the rest of us get a shot at getting one?

Yes all who may want one will be able to get one. I'm not making this, it's a few guys who are making it happen.
It will be like a mod for our fav statue.
Kind of like a HT mod but better :)

Last edited:
056_zps8694f7a3.jpg

Looking at these, it hits home to me just how off the musculature is on the LSFs arms. This stuck out at me upon seeing the first pics from SDCC '12, and nothing has changed. For as much of this piece that is so righteous and awe-inspiring, the muscle construction in the arms is a big :slap.
I suppose if it bothers me that much, when all else I love about it unreservedly, I could just try to sculpt new arms. The gloves are separate, so it would only be one clean simple piece that needs to be addressed. Just a bit disappointing that it's yet one more thing from a SS product that I feel a need to fix. I would have thought, with this being shown at the biggest Con in this country, there would have been at least a few artists who would have walked by and schooled them on what isn't kosher, anatomically, with this one. But I guess not.
:gah:

I for one love the musculature of his arms, dude. Just like many Hulk statues, it's sculpted based off of comic book art. I would hate for him to look the same every single time. Sculpted diversity is awesome, and this is no exception. If anyone wants to look at shapely-toned arms every time, then they should go buy a Hugh Jackman statue.

Steven

Sadly, I'm just not good with words to illustrate visual points.
When I have a chance I'll post some pics that clarify where my problems with the arms lie.

I will say that my problems are not they they are 'over-toned' so much as just incorrect.

Back