Premium Format Wolverine (Brown Costume) - Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But wasn't the first PF the hair was just textured and just painted over? I wish they could've just put texture, the arm does look too bit shiny and pampered. Also metal claws would be nice change.

The hair could have been left off for cost and QC purposes. That would require fine detailing by painters, who are notoriously hit-and-miss with SSC. By leaving that out, there's one less thing for SSC to worry about passing off to the painters involved in producing these, and then one less thing for collectors to find fault with.

They pulled it off with no problems on the Wolvie COM many years ago. It looked great and there were no QC complaints about the hair. I just think it's an important detail to the character and shouldn't be left out. He's known for being a hairy dude.

But wasn't the first PF the hair was just textured and just painted over? I wish they could've just put texture, the arm does look too bit shiny and pampered. Also metal claws would be nice change.
SSC did it on the COM, PF, and LSF. The hair looks good on all of them. I like the COM the best because he had the most hair on his arms. SSC can pull it off with no problem. They've done it before successfully 3 times. Ironically, it was XM that had a hard time pulling off the hairy arms with their classic Wolvie statue. The hair on that piece looked more like scales when you looked at it up close.

They pulled it off with no problems on the Wolvie COM many years ago.
Perhaps, but that was many years ago. Things change. SSC's returns department probably has 10 times as many issues to deal with now as they did, what, a decade ago when the Comiquette was released? Though the PF also had painted hair on his arms. He also had veins painted on, which this figure doesn't have, another suggestion of potential cost-cutting.

Same here. Glad I ordered it, too.

The upper lip is still a minor issue with me, tho. But overall, it's a great piece.

SSC did it on the COM, PF, and LSF. The hair looks good on all of them. I like the COM the best because he had the most hair on his arms. SSC can pull it off with no problem. They've done it before successfully 3 times. Ironically, it was XM that had a hard time pulling off the hairy arms with their classic Wolvie statue. The hair on that piece looked more like scales when you looked at it up close.

Maybe SSC secured XM's factory to address paint apps QC, hmmm. Win some lose some.

I didnt even notice the laces but for what it's worth when I sold my x23 comq a few years ago the laces on her boots broke during shipping

As far as the laces go I think all companies add their little flourishes to their pieces. Sideshow's yellow pf/lsf has been making his blue boots with these athletic shoe design elements, XM has their design flourishes all over Wolverine's costume as they do with all their statues. The only one that kept it pretty true to the comics is the original Sideshow Wolverine comiquette.

As far as the laces go I think all companies add their little flourishes to their pieces. Sideshow's yellow pf/lsf has been making his blue boots with these athletic shoe design elements, XM has their design flourishes all over Wolverine's costume as they do with all their statues. The only one that kept it pretty true to the comics is the original Sideshow Wolverine comiquette.

That's why the COM to this day is my favorite Wolverine statue. I usually don't mind some small liberties taken with costumes to give them an updated feel. However, too many and it can change the whole look of the character. This PF pushes that border for me personally.

I'm new to statue collection (have always collected action figures) but does sideshow always come out with a variant of it's original statue or is it just something that varies?

If so, is there any news about a variant of this Wolverine?

I'm new to statue collection (have always collected action figures) but does sideshow always come out with a variant of it's original statue or is it just something that varies?

If so, is there any news about a variant of this Wolverine?

I think it's safe to say variants are here to stay:lol This will prob get one for sure...

Back