Premium Format Wolverine (Brown Costume) - Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, it comes down to pure personal preference. I don't even see the monotooth but I can definitely see the lip on this wolverine. So, just comes down to which you prefer. I suppose I could always nab one of these and decide once I have the two. Can't really decide unless you have both in front of you, side by side. So, maybe I will do that.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

I watched a video of the XM Wolverine that really brought me around... It is amazing... There are still things I don't like (nose, lack of Canine teeth, and lower gums) but other then that it's pretty perfect and even with those issues I would have no problem owning one even though I prefer the brown costume...

I like this one a bit better because I like the animalistic look and I love the POSE!! I also like that his Canines are prominently on display.

Having said that...I am not shocked at all that this piece has it's detractors. The face sculpt is a bit risky. But I really Like it.

Couldn't have said it better jaws. Definitely a risky face sculpt and I also like the animalistic snarl as well. Dig the hell out of it! If I could change only one thing it would be his left arm. I would have preferred it cocked back , ready to strike forward instead of it facing downwards. But other than that , pretty sick.

well on the sideshow website, they have him with and without a mask, and a special edition sword :)
plus he is standing on snow, so he will look great next to my old psylocke PF

Yea, it comes down to pure personal preference. I don't even see the monotooth but I can definitely see the lip on this wolverine. So, just comes down to which you prefer. I suppose I could always nab one of these and decide once I have the two. Can't really decide unless you have both in front of you, side by side. So, maybe I will do that.

Very true :lecture

Just got back from Comic Con and I gotta say this is overall my favorite Wolverine statue (I've owned the yellow pf twice, and seen the comiquette and XM in person). Like the folks been saying, its all down to personal preference. I think on each of the statues that have been produced so far we would like to change 1 or 2 things to make it "perfect". But with this one I love the pose, the base (I don't mind the extra thing on the bottom), and Sideshow is so good at sculpting texture to bring it to that next level, and I think I read that the claws aren't metal on this one but its so well done you can't really tell the difference. I can see why people aren't a huge fan of the face, but I could see what they were going for and it's not that bothersome to me. Anyways, heres some pics that aren't as good as other pics posted before :)

701920192c2f389ea7cefc458c297f38.jpg

c32d9cad0cf62151df343a6947776c4a.jpg

3ff61cf2775c798e109bf47dafad22c3.jpg

Love how this piece just has a bit more character. I love the XM piece as well and will be keeping it. It this one just works for me for some reason. It's like a less GQ photoshoot of wolverine.

well on the sideshow website, they have him with and without a mask, and a special edition sword :)
plus he is standing on snow, so he will look great next to my old psylocke PF

I didn't even consider that. I sold off my Psylocke PF and decided to use the Mark Brooks comq as my primary Psylocke in the collection. I do think they would look great together. I wrote this piece off but now you have me revisiting the possibility

I think overall this Wolvie looks good. Unless you pay commission prices you will never get a perfect statue. Even then its not guaranteed. My only question is why in the world there is no hair on his arms? This is one of his main features. Must have gone to a waxing salon that morning.

I think overall this Wolvie looks good. Unless you pay commission prices you will never get a perfect statue. Even then its not guaranteed. My only question is why in the world there is no hair on his arms? This is one of his main features. Must have gone to a waxing salon that morning.

It's all in the art direction. I didn't pay to have my Wolverine COM look perfect. SSC just nailed that piece, hair and all. The Art Director at SSC let the lack of hair pass along with other liberties taken with the costume. This piece could have looked perfect as well if they looked at a damn comic with Wolverine wearing his brown costume. Add hair, widen his belt, get rid of the boot laces, and get rid of the long shorts and excessive texturing and this piece could have looked exceptional in my book. As it stands, it still looks pretty good but I can't help but see all those little details as off. It takes away from the statue for me personally. I wanted to look at this piece and get the same feeling I have when I look at their classic Sabretooth PF. Unfortunately, it falls way short of that piece IMO.

I really didn't care for this statue at first but now it's starting to grow on me.

I think the biggest problem I had were the shoes. I just can't recall ever seeing Wolverine (statue or comic) with boots that have laces and a heel. I'm probably wrong but can anyone with better knowledge possibly expand on this?

Remember the Ren and Stimpy cartoon? One frame they would be drawn very simple and the next frame they would be drawn in super detail...maybe that's what this Wolverine is. The comics were the simple version and the statue is the realistic super detailed version. I agree about the hair though. I don't get why they left it off.

I really didn't care for this statue at first but now it's starting to grow on me.

I think the biggest problem I had were the shoes. I just can't recall ever seeing Wolverine (statue or comic) with boots that have laces and a heel. I'm probably wrong but can anyone with better knowledge possibly expand on this?

He's not wearing shoes, he's wearing boots. Think horse back riding boots. His boots always had a heel (with varying degrees of thickness depending on the artists take) but no laces on the boots. It's the laces that were added to the boots that bug me (along with a few other things). So, his boots would have been fine if the laces weren't there.

Remember the Ren and Stimpy cartoon? One frame they would be drawn very simple and the next frame they would be drawn in super detail...maybe that's what this Wolverine is. The comics were the simple version and the statue is the realistic super detailed version. I agree about the hair though. I don't get why they left it off.

The issue with me is that they are adding details were they don't need to (boots, shorts, upper body texturing) and leaving them off where they should be (arm hair).

Yes I do recall this, as well as other cartoons that would do the similar. I guess that's one way of looking at it.

He's not wearing shoes, he's wearing boots. Think horse back riding boots. His boots always had a heel (with varying degrees of thickness depending on the artists take) but no laces on the boots. It's the laces that were added to the boots that bug me (along with a few other things). So, his boots would have been fine if the laces weren't there.

Fair enough. It looks like he's wearing actual Wolverine brand boots ha.

The hair could have been left off for cost and QC purposes. That would require fine detailing by painters, who are notoriously hit-and-miss with SSC. By leaving that out, there's one less thing for SSC to worry about passing off to the painters involved in producing these, and then one less thing for collectors to find fault with.

Back