Premium Format Wolverine (Brown Costume) - Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Wolverine (Brown Costume)

The PF looks way better

I agree but he's certainly welcome to his own opinion. I will say I think the the spidey 1/4 comi looks way better than the spidey PF and I much prefer the XM wolverine to the PJ wolverine PF. I love mixed media as well as fully sculpted and believe certain characters and situations are better suited for one over the other. SSC is getting much better at cloth so that full cloth characters don't look like PJ Wolverine anymore. That being said, I hope this Brown version is full sculpt.

Personally I love mixed media. I don't know why, but I'll always pick mixed media over fully sculpted. It's that sense of realism to me. It doesn't even have to be completely mixed media, just add some elements to it, be it an accessory or whatever.

Call me pajama lover, lol...

There's nothing wrong with that. We all like what we like. The problem for 1/4 fully sculpted fans is that there are basically limited options for those pieces through SSC. Fully sculpted fans are simply looking for a dedicated 1/4 fully sculpted line from SSC. SSC would see nothing but $$$$ from me if that were to happen. Now I'm scrambling to secure XM pieces of the characters I want instead because they give me what I truly want in my collection. High shipping costs and difficulty securing XM merch is the only reason I haven't been able to jump on the XM bandwagon exclusively for my Marvel pieces.

There's nothing wrong with that. We all like what we like. The problem for 1/4 fully sculpted fans is that there are basically limited options for those pieces through SSC. Fully sculpted fans are simply looking for a dedicated 1/4 fully sculpted line from SSC. SSC would see nothing but $$$$ from me if that were to happen. Now I'm scrambling to secure XM pieces of the characters I want instead because they give me what I truly want in my collection. High shipping costs and difficulty securing XM merch is the only reason I haven't been able to jump on the XM bandwagon exclusively for my Marvel pieces.

Yeah I can totally see your point of view. It's just unfortunate SSC can't satisfy all of us in some ways. You're right though, they do cater more to the mixed media crowd while XM will always satisfy the fully sculpted collectors. The only problem like you said is their high prices and difficulty in trying to secure their pieces.

I agree but he's certainly welcome to his own opinion. I will say I think the the spidey 1/4 comi looks way better than the spidey PF and I much prefer the XM wolverine to the PJ wolverine PF. I love mixed media as well as fully sculpted and believe certain characters and situations are better suited for one over the other. SSC is getting much better at cloth so that full cloth characters don't look like PJ Wolverine anymore. That being said, I hope this Brown version is full sculpt.

:lecture

Fully sculpted or mixed media, I don't care either way. Cloth gets mishandled just as much as sculpt and paint. Cloth, worry about the material, fit, etc. Sculpt, worry about the paint, fragile parts, etc.

The only problem I think is expecting SS to consistently satisfy the sculpt-only crowd when SS has ALWAYS been about mixed media. It's like going to a seafood restaurant. They might offer a smaller selection of other enterees like chicken or steak. But you know full well the speciality is seafood, so that's what you'll find the most on the menu.

this will be right along, just like the wolverine vs Hulk diorama......

Man, I wish SSC would just let us know what the hell is going on with that dio. At least we've seen pics of the brown Wolvie. We've seen and heard jack **** about the Hulk vs Wolvie dio and it's been, what...at least 5 years since SSC has announced they were working on it?

Woop!

11411970_883463591700238_4660010507514428905_o.jpg
10704361_883464075033523_4255093171939281702_o.jpg
11415531_883463601700237_295569705807869025_o.jpg

Back