Premium Format Wolverine (Brown Costume) - Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Wolverine (Brown Costume)

Agreed.

Only time I like mixed media is on coats (Gambit), jackets (Cyclops, Rogue), capes, or cloaks.

I guess you can add vests (hopefully future Guy Gardner). :pray:

Otherwise keep the muscles and details visible with fully sculpted.

Exactlyyyy.. Gambit was perfect PF

How much deterioration can you really get from the mixed media?
I don't know about you but i keep all my statues in a controlled environment.
Not like i am keeping them outside in the direct sunlight.
Are there a lot of issues with deterioration happening?

I've had the Captain America PF for 6 or 7 years, and no "deterioration" to speak of at all. Eventually, any and everything will deteriorate, and that is a function in part of the materials used (pleather material may crack at some point) but I think you're good going 10-15 years at least before noticing significant deterioration on many of these statues. Just keep it out of the sun and out of the heat.

Yeah, I know exactly what I am missing. Disappointment from deteriorating materials on my statues. Otherwise, I am happy as can be. Something I like and has no mixed media, always comes along, just like this Spiderman PF.

What deteriorating materials? I've collected PFs for 10 years and have never had any material deteriorate. I think you're reaching to make PFs sound like they're ****. They may not be to your taste and that's ok just like fully sculpted isn't to mine, but I've never seen material deteriorate. It can get runied, but it doesn't fall apart on its own.

If Shane says it happened for him, then it did. He's as honest a person as you're going to run across around here. But he might just collect different things than you (or I) do. I did have some QC issues with previous PFs that I suspect would have had more severe long-term problems. One particularly is the T1 Terminator, which had a jacket that stuck to the statue and pulled paint off when you tried to unstick it. SSC customer service told me to use baby powder to try and prevent this problem moving forward.

If Shane says it happened for him, then it did. He's as honest a person as you're going to run across around here. But he might just collect different things than you (or I) do. I did have some QC issues with previous PFs that I suspect would have had more severe long-term problems. One particularly is the T1 Terminator, which had a jacket that stuck to the statue and pulled paint off when you tried to unstick it. SSC customer service told me to use baby powder to try and prevent this problem moving forward.

View attachment 190402

jk

Wanna know a secret?...They're not 100% sculpted underneath

Nope, mixed media PFs are not fully sculpted underneath the fabric. They are missing details like costume wrinkles, texture, etc. The sculptor was half way there ...just needed those extra details ...but stopped short because they had to put fabric over it. It's a shame, really ...IMO.

He never said it happened to him. He just said deteriorating materials. Which in some cases he could be right but in most he'd be wrong. Rubber has a tendency to crack and flake after a time if it dries out and is not cared for and pleather, if cheaply made, can also deteriorate over time. Other wise cloth, as long as it's properly cared for can stand up to decades easily.

Had nothing to do with the mans honesty, and everything to do with a statement that's more of his opinion than based on factual durability of the materials used in these statues.

I understand exactly where you are coming from. Hold out for what you like. Sooner or later they'll get arournd to making what you want. Especially with Bats and Supes. There'll be multiple statues of both characters coming out. I hated the cloth costumes on the Spidey and Green Goblin PFs. Passing and waiting worked out for me. I was able to purchase the 1/4 Spidey COM and now it looks like a new GG PF is in the works as well. I hope GG is fully sculpted as well. Now, if I could only get SSC to make a fully sculpted Cap PF, my Marvel collection will start looking the way I want it to.

Yup. Eventually the right fully sculpted statue will come along. Besides, for now, I have my fully sculpted Wonder Woman, Batman and Superman. Not in 1/4 scale, but will do for now.

Agreed.

Only time I like mixed media is on coats (Gambit), jackets (Cyclops, Rogue), capes, or cloaks.

I guess you can add vests (hopefully future Guy Gardner). :pray:

Otherwise keep the muscles and details visible with fully sculpted.

Exactly. I don't mind if the cape or jacket is fabric. That's something I'm ok with.

He said "Disappointment from deteriorating materials on my statues," which implies only personal experience driving his opinions there.

He said "Disappointment from deteriorating materials on my statues," which implies only personal experience driving his opinions there.

He said he's missing out on that disappointment. He was basically saying he doesn't collect statues with cloth on them. But by all means, let's ask him.

What deteriorating materials? I've collected PFs for 10 years and have never had any material deteriorate. I think you're reaching to make PFs sound like they're ****. They may not be to your taste and that's ok just like fully sculpted isn't to mine, but I've never seen material deteriorate. It can get runied, but it doesn't fall apart on its own.

Exactly..I've had PFs for years with zero damage

Same here.

Oh I know exactly what I'm missing out on. That's the reason why I didn't buy them.

What I need are awesome fully sculpted 1/4 scale statues of superman and batman. Ones where fabric is not covering the highly sculpted definition of the statues.

The mixed media PFs are good, but not to my liking.

I'll never understand the fascination or need to have to be able to see every muscle, tendon, vein, or sinew sculpted on a statue. What I want is to see is a a realistic representation of what these characters would look like in a 3D world. They are wearing costumes aka clothes in the comics so it makes sense that they would where clothes on the 3D representations and not just super-duper-unrealistic skin tight...."colored skin" showing beyond unrealistic muscle definition. You can still see muscles through the mixed media used these days just as much as you can see muscles on a real person through their clothes. And what I mean by that is that clothes don't and shouldn't show every single little detail that exists on a person's body. As an example of this, just look at an NFL draft scouting combine. Those dudes are some of the most athletic, strong, cut, ripped people on the planet and they are wearing skin tight under armour type clothes. And yet, you can't see every single definition on their body. Many sure, but not like these fully sculpted pieces. Clothes have folds and wrinkles too which often isn't depicted at all or isn't depicted well enough on fully sculpted pieces. As long as the fabric that's used scale is correct, and the look that it's a character wearing clothes or a suit or a costume can be replicated that's how I prefer my pieces.

Which isn't to say that I don't also like fully sculpted pieces either. The way SS did Batgirl's costume is brilliant. It looks like clothes on a body and it looks like she could come to life in 1/4 scale. But many of the times it's just painted on costume which gets in every nook and cranny of the character's body. Not my cup of tea.

Same here.

I'll never understand the fascination or need to have to be able to see every muscle, tendon, vein, or sinew sculpted on a statue. What I want is to see is a a realistic representation of what these characters would look like in a 3D world. They are wearing costumes aka clothes in the comics so it makes sense that they would where clothes on the 3D representations and not just super-duper-unrealistic skin tight...."colored skin" showing beyond unrealistic muscle definition. You can still see muscles through the mixed media used these days just as much as you can see muscles on a real person through their clothes. And what I mean by that is that clothes don't and shouldn't show every single little detail that exists on a person's body. As an example of this, just look at an NFL draft scouting combine. Those dudes are some of the most athletic, strong, cut, ripped people on the planet and they are wearing skin tight under armour type clothes. And yet, you can't see every single definition on their body. Many sure, but not like these fully sculpted pieces. Clothes have folds and wrinkles too which often isn't depicted at all or isn't depicted well enough on fully sculpted pieces. As long as the fabric that's used scale is correct, and the look that it's a character wearing clothes or a suit or a costume can be replicated that's how I prefer my pieces.

Which isn't to say that I don't also like fully sculpted pieces either. The way SS did Batgirl's costume is brilliant. It looks like clothes on a body and it looks like she could come to life in 1/4 scale. But many of the times it's just painted on costume which gets in every nook and cranny of the character's body. Not my cup of tea.

I don't understand it either. I understand they draw them that way, but realistically, that's not hot it looks in real life. That's is why I like the premium formats best, the cloth and material added to pieces really brings them to life.

Back