Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This, but don't expect it to be as dynamic or as detailed unless it cost $2200 or more to begin with. Prime 1's will have static museum pose no doubt and XM is... XM (they took TOO MUCH artistic liberties). Maybe the best is to wait and see what if new bloods out there could outdone this statue, but that'll still be not as authentic (minus that leg netting, of course). Same as New Jungle Hunter VS SWS because this one was was done by sculptors from ADI themselves.

I wouldn't be so sure about the Prime 1 version being a strict museum pose. I'd certainly wait and see at this point given how much money people are asking for the LSF. XM never went for accuracy in fairness, they're doing their own thing and they brought in arguably the most talented guy in the business to do it (Narin) As much as I love this LSF, and really want one, waiting is the sensible thing to do at this point unless you find one for a sensible price. And even though ADI sculpted the LSF (and did an awesome job!!) it does have a few oddities that Prime 1 could try to improve on such as the misshaped bio, leg netting and several fused dreads etc. At the very least I'd say wait and see how their P2 turns out. If it blows our socks off, their Wolf probably will also...

This, but don't expect it to be as dynamic or as detailed unless it cost $2200 or more to begin with. Prime 1's will have static museum pose no doubt and XM is... XM (they took TOO MUCH artistic liberties). Maybe the best is to wait and see what if new bloods out there could outdone this statue, but that'll still be not as authentic (minus that leg netting, of course). Same as New Jungle Hunter VS SWS because this one was was done by sculptors from ADI themselves.
There will be more than just one wolf statue/maquette coming out, just a matter of time.
And based on nowadays tech, it can only be more accurate and more detailed, and maybe bigger. For example, how hard it could be for coolprops scan their fullbody wolf suit or sideshow wolf bust then hand it to prime 1 to refine it then got it printed, once they have digital file ready, any scale you want they can deliver, 1/10, 1/6,1/4,1/3,1/2...just different poses, easy done in computer also.
Now it's the time nothing will be Grail, cuz toys are going to get better sooner (only for those came straight out of original mold, they're safe).
One more example, first we have sideshow big chap maquette, then we have coolprops, which is much more accurate, then we have mamegyorai, which is even more accurate, in the future, the next company who is going to make big chap can only be even better. Same applies to dog alien maquette.

There will be more than just one wolf statue/maquette coming out, just a matter of time.
And based on nowadays tech, it can only be more accurate and more detailed, and maybe bigger. For example, how hard it could be for coolprops scan their fullbody wolf suit or sideshow wolf bust then hand it to prime 1 to refine it then got it printed, once they have digital file ready, any scale you want they can deliver, 1/10, 1/6,1/4,1/3,1/2...just different poses, easy done in computer also.
Now it's the time nothing will be Grail, cuz toys are going to get better sooner (only for those came straight out of original mold, they're safe).
One more example, first we have sideshow big chap maquette, then we have coolprops, which is much more accurate, then we have mamegyorai, which is even more accurate, in the future, the next company who is going to make big chap can only be even better. Same applies to dog alien maquette.

Maybe. But to me, collectibles are going downhill in term of qualities compared to AVPR days, in contrast with price tags. Sure, there'll be better Wolf statue with dynamic pose eventually but I doubt it will last as long. To me, this thing is an achievement of engineering by itself for after all these years and not lean at all (while statues from same era, few LSF Reaper/ PF Dark Rider are considered gone).

Or I may said that because I got tired of reading comments in new JH maquette topics. SWS this, SWS that... nothing but brags brags brags for an old statue which isn't that different from the new one anyway. Good thing it isn't the only choice for 1/4 1987 Predator anymore. And Wolf will get new one too. Hope new companies do him justice. With acceptable price tags of course.

I got tired of reading comments in new JH maquette topics. SWS this, SWS that... nothing but brags brags brags for an old statue which isn't that different from the new one anyway. Good thing it isn't the only choice for 1/4 1987 Predator anymore. And Wolf will get new one too. Hope new companies do him justice. With acceptable price tags of course.

It's very different. But I'm not sure that's bragging, it's just the obvious comparison to make. And it seems to be a fair expectation that a new $1350 Predator maquette to better the one made 10 years ago, which it sadly doesn't. I say sadly as I'm a huge Predator fan and I obviously look forward to every statue release and hope for the best. I don't think the new Sideshow version is a great option to those who own the SWS version already. However, Prime 1 have a good chance of achieving what Sideshow couldn't and bettering even the SWS version. So even those who don't own it will likely have better options soon. Hopefully the same goes for Prime 1's inevitable Wolf bettering this wonderful ADI LSF somehow.... It will be a challenge but who knows.

Speaking of Dog. While Prime1 Dog was fantastic, I still think old SS was the most accurate since it was casted from the original mold of rod puppet, while P1 was a fixer-upper version of the suit and 3D data. It still won’t be as authentic... “still different” and that’s what collectibles are all about IMO.

And to non-hardcore fans eyes, SWS and new JH aren’t very different though. Sure, there’ll better version eventually but right now it’s still better than 2.5k for EX or FAIL I think.

Back to Wolf topic, how many are these statues out there? Last time I heard there were 2XX?

Speaking of Dog. While Prime1 Dog was fantastic, I still think old SS was the most accurate since it was casted from the original mold of rod puppet, while P1 was a fixer-upper version of the suit and 3D data. It still won’t be as authentic... “still different” and that’s what collectibles are all about IMO.

And to non-hardcore fans eyes, SWS and new JH aren’t very different though. Sure, there’ll better version eventually but right now it’s still better than 2.5k for EX or FAIL I think.

Back to Wolf topic, how many are these statues out there? Last time I heard there were 2XX?

I prefer to have an ideal representation of a character rather than a 100% replica. Some movie props are horrible and not meant to be seen under direct lighting. An example is the SS Dog Alien's mouth. It's just BAD.

I prefer something that can stand up to scrutiny, or else I might as well simply try to obtain the actual movie prop.

First of all, coolprops did cast the original puppet as well, and that was on display when they showed it to public for the first time. But sadly, which was horrible in terms of details, well, like sideshow dog maquette's head, no details whatsoever. Then obviously they handed it to Prime1, maybe scan it to keep the right proportion but putting stunning details.
image.jpeg
image——02.jpeg
And speak of wolf lsf, it was not as accurate compared with sws P1 maquette, yeah it was sculpted by one of ADI staffs but he didn't sculpt the movie wolf at all. So basically it was another artist take on wolf, that's it.

So basically it was another artist who's actually working for ADI take on wolf, that's it

Fixed.

That's what make the difference though. For me at least.

And Prime 1 is indeed a fixer-upper version of Alien 3 rod puppet then.

Fixed.

That's what make the difference though. For me at least.

And Prime 1 is indeed a fixer-upper version of Alien 3 rod puppet then.

Nothing got fixed, the artist Paul Komoda has never worked on the movie AVPr and he is now not a member of ADI anymore.
It makes no difference.
And I believe the most surely want the right one which is the much better up-grade version.
LAmA9Yk.jpg

Nothing got fixed, the artist Paul Komoda has never worked on the movie AVPr and he is now not a member of ADI anymore.
It makes no difference.
View attachment 398835

So basically it was another artist who's actually working for ADI at the time take on wolf, that's it

This got fixed, wasn't it? And it was actually sculpted by the guy from ADI. That's entirely different from an unknown sculptors for the guy may have an experience 1st hand to the props or gained access to the actual filming materials, I think.

Paul Komoda. I'm a fan of this guy. Especially his work in "The Thing 2011" and Gecco Cthulhu. He also got his hand on Cinemaquette Alien, I believe. This alone given Wolf LSF SO MUCH credibility. The only way new company could top this is to do near 100% scan on the suit OR hire even more talented sculptor but I'd like to see them try. More profits to us anyway.

For Alien 3, it's always up to the collectors' preference. To each of their own.

Attachments

• DragonRodPuppet.jpg
    DragonRodPuppet.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 104
Darkmummy already posted the comparison image I threw together, but I'll add it here in a larger size to really nail home the differences. I'm not going to knock the old Sideshow/ADI dog, it's great. And as you pointed out, accurate too although it misses some things such as the clear dome which is a huge part of the character. However, while I'm all for accuracy as you'll know, even I realise that there has to be a balance sometimes. Some props etc are pretty shoddy at the best of times, they're often made to look better via the magic of post editing. Coolprops also went straight to the source for their Dog, so it is accurate enough. What prime 1 did was a little magical editing of their own which is fine by me as the results are spectacular. There is a difference between doing this and just plain getting details wrong as Sideshow sadly do far too often with their Predators. The Prime 1 Dog alien is (imo) the best Alien statue we've ever seen to date. Sideshows recent P1 is another "okay" release. Sideshow did however pull a similar move to what P1 did with the dog for their Wolf Predator legendary scale bust. That thing isn't terribly accurate, but it is fricking gorgeous!! Arguably nicer than the original prop head, and it is close enough with the details to be fair. We all raved about that, even us accuracy snobs. Sadly we all know how that ended once thew cheap plastic production pieces started showing up. Still, if Sideshow can make more Predators to the standard of that (prototype, not production!) I'll be very happy....

Whether refinements make it less accurate or not, I know which of these I prefer. I hope they make plenty more Aliens and Predators to this standard...

LAmA9Yk.png

This got fixed, wasn't it? And it was actually sculpted by the guy from ADI. That's entirely different from an unknown sculptors for the guy may have an experience 1st hand to the props or gained access to the actual filming materials, I think.
Paul Komoda. I'm a fan of this guy. Especially his work in "The Thing 2011" and Gecco Cthulhu. He also got his hand on Cinemaquette Alien, I believe. This alone given Wolf LSF SO MUCH credibility. The only way new company could top this is to do near 100% scan on the suit OR hire even more talented sculptor but I'd like to see them try. More profits to us anyway.
For Alien 3, it's always up to the collectors' preference. To each of their own.

I still have no idea what makes you worship ss wolf lsf to this extreme level, it's an excellent piece but still it was sculpted by an artist who has never worked on AVPR. If it was sculpted by those 'unknow people' who sculpted the real suit and mask for the movie wolf, it will add credibility for sure. Such a strange logic you hold.

Back to the dog, if you have ever seen a clear pic of the puppet, you will know how much details got lost in ss old maquette. Besides, puppet offers an idea of proportion while the fullbody suit shows off the intrigue details. Bring up both is the most ideal for a high-end collectible.

I still have no idea what makes you worship ss wolf lsf to this extreme level, it's an excellent piece but still it was sculpted by an artist who has never worked on AVPR. If it was sculpted by those 'unknow people' who sculpted the real suit and mask for the movie wolf, it will add credibility for sure. Such a strange logic you hold.

Back to the dog, if you have ever seen a clear pic of the puppet, you will know how much details got lost in ss old maquette. Besides, puppet offers an idea of proportion while the fullbody suit shows off the intrigue details. Bring up both is the most ideal for a high-end collectible.

It's still the #1 pred statue in my book, so of course people are going to worship it.

it was on Facebook on one of those statue pages, i asked for more pics, taken with daylight.
Only gotten old pics from a year ago and darker looking photo's, since he also bought it 2nd hand.
I wanted to be sure it didn't have any broken parts and such.
It was all fine and suddenly i got a message that he sold it to someone else.

I feel for you, same thing happened to me twice here. shadysearl0 screwed me out of a wolf LSF a while back and Felmar on a predalien bust more recently.

What’s the going price for these now? Looking to pick one up but looks like when it’s in someone’s collection it doesn’t leave lol

What’s the going price for these now? Looking to pick one up but looks like when it’s in someone’s collection it doesn’t leave lol

Your absolutely right. Very rare nowadays. Collectors usually go for repaint over time with custom bits added. Personally I couldn’t let this one go. But gosh I can do with another grail hopefully from P1 because that Dog Alien is fantastic. So I’m expecting their pred line to be a huge deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back