Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sideshow does check this forum from time to time, if you look everywhere that the 1:5 classic statue was mentioned, MANY people did not order and are waiting on the lsg before deciding. So by pulling the lsg, it made a lot of those people waiting give up and order the 1:5 figure, as evident by the responses on this forum.

and if they announced lsg would be delayed by xyz or released on abc, it would defeat the purpose of making people order the 1:5 version, as the fans will continue to wait before deciding.

There is a reason to everything sideshow does, they are a corporation with the goal of making max money(and there is nothing wrong with that). The spookacular event was cool but also a nice pr move by sideshow to clear out the old junk inventory and build goodwill.

One thing i really do not like is their constant inventory manipulation, the death dealer ex for example was at 1 remaining piece at their low inventory page and i know for sure 1 was ordered (probably more than that), and now it's back to in stock and removed from low inventory.

It's a love hate relationship with ss :gah:

Its fine they are trying to make max money, I am not one of the people who do not believe in making money in this country. It's not going to force me into purchasing the 1/5th scale predator statue though.

I mean at the end of the day they can do whatever it is they want but outside looking in it is a really crappy thing to do to loyal customers. I highly doubt they just somehow forgot to put it up for pre-order...or that it somehow got added to the calendar by accident. I am certain they knew at the beginning that it wouldn't be released and that they were just trying to gain interest in some of there other products be keeping people coming back to the site. To sum it up....a bunch of Horse_____

Nice to see the outrage that this piece is causing. Proof that nothing beats an awesome design regardless of if you can see him in the movie or not:lol

I believe that sideshow may really intend to put this up for pre order on the last day of spook. But they, for some reasons, decided to pull the plug at the last minute and put this on hold.

The reasons are anybody's guess. My hunch is that the other products up for pre order during spook as well as the Darth Maul LSF did not pull in the number of orders sideshow were expecting. If because of poor sales for Darth Maul LSF and they put this on hold to revise the price downwards, then I will be more happy than pissed.

well that's sideshows own fault, if their prices weren't so damn high for the LSF line, more people would be able to buy other stuff and get a LSF. As long as those prices are still high, it doesn't matter how long they prolong this piece, I won't be ordering anything else until I see what the price on this will be.

:goodpost: Exactly

well that's sideshows own fault, if their prices weren't so damn high for the LSF line, more people would be able to buy other stuff and get a LSF. As long as those prices are still high, it doesn't matter how long they prolong this piece, I won't be ordering anything else until I see what the price on this will be.

^agree with this I do.

as far as I'm concerned I'm just going to wait. not going to buy anything else especially with the anticipated cost of LSF.

delay? fine. more time to save up more $$

To be honest, I told a bud of mine that something was up when they put the Wolf into the 23rd of October slot. It seemed strange to me that they would have a preorder for the Wolf right after putting up Darth Maul. I actually said to him, "I wouldn't put it past SS to be playing a trick." Guess I'll pay more attention to my gut feelings in the future.

Maybe SS is reconsidering the scale for the Wolf after the lukewarm response for Darth Maul. Which may be the reason they didnt put him for PO even after previewing him in Spook. I'm confused if thats good or bad. Cuz personally I would like to see the Wolf in half scale; he's simply too badass not to be done in that scale. That said, the speculated price point keeping D. Maul in mind is proving to be a sort of deterrent.

Smaller scale would mean less details and more so when SS's QC is showing signs of compromise.

They could've put up a Prod. Peek at the very least! :impatient:

Maybe SS is reconsidering the scale for the Wolf after the lukewarm response for Darth Maul. Which may be the reason they didnt put him for PO even after previewing him in Spook. I'm confused if thats good or bad. Cuz personally I would like to see the Wolf in half scale; he's simply too badass not to be done in that scale. That said, the speculated price point keeping D. Maul in mind is proving to be a sort of deterrent.

Smaller scale would mean less details and more so when SS's QC is showing signs of compromise.

They could've put up a Prod. Peek at the very least! :impatient:

:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno

dude, it's already said that wolf is 1/4 scale not half scale.

they just threw it in the same catergory, so whether it went up yesterday or a month from now it will not be 1/2 scale.

:lecture SilentSurfer saw it in person and he said it is basically 1/4 scale so yes i think so.

:exactly:
I saw it in Pitu's SDCC video coverage as well. Yes, it looks just a wee bit bigger than 1/4th scale.

I'm just saying it would be awesome if done in 1:2 :pray:
The pose is just too awesome to be done in a smaller scale. But again, if SS manages to pull it off in 1:4 scale, well....nothing like it!! :panic: :gah:

I wonder why the booth at SDCC didnt show his unmasked pose. :dunno

:exactly:
I saw it in Pitu's SDCC video coverage as well. Yes, it looks just a wee bit bigger than 1/4th scale.

I'm just saying it would be awesome if done in 1:2 :pray:
The pose is just too awesome to be done in a smaller scale. But again, if SS manages to pull it off in 1:4 scale, well....nothing like it!! :panic: :gah:

I wonder why the booth at SDCC didnt show his unmasked pose. :dunno

That statue would be over 4 ft tall maybe bigger if it was 1:2 scale. Imagine the Legendary scale Predator 1 bust in full size.....yeah this statue is no where close to that size.

That statue would be over 4 ft tall maybe bigger if it was 1:2 scale. Imagine the Legendary scale Predator 1 bust in full size.....yeah this statue is no where close to that size.

Yeah! :exactly:
Thats how I imagined it to be when I first saw the teaser pic. About 4-4.5 ft tall Wolfie.

I was all gumpa-looga-looga :monkey1:panic::monkey1

But then after seeing the video I was convinced that whoever is in charge of overlooking the scale n stuff at SS is definitely s____g pot!! :thwak

It's a good thing though considering it'll be a bit easy on the pocket but I expect SS to screw that as well :mad:

Star Wars is good, no doubt but 3 continuous LSFs from the same license. C'mon!! :impatient: :pfft:

It will give collectors more time to save.

not really because most ppl don't even know if they will be buying it cause they don't know the price. We all have a price limit and if this is above that limit, then the "saving" would have been pointless. If this went up for PO tomorrow, it prolly wouldn't get shipped until 3rd or 4th qtr next year anyways, that's plenty of time for saving.

not really because most ppl don't even know if they will be buying it cause they don't know the price. We all have a price limit and if this is above that limit, then the "saving" would have been pointless. If this went up for PO tomorrow, it prolly wouldn't get shipped until 3rd or 4th qtr next year anyways, that's plenty of time for saving.

Agreed :goodpost::lecture

Back