Statue Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Painfully ignoring the PO invite email.. Unable to justify the Price increase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Painfully ignoring the PO invite email.. Unable to justify the Price increase

As was I - I feel your pain (still do!)

The only reason I ordered (I really had ZERO intention of doing so) is because my Rewards statement came through today (coincidentally?) and after posts from Matt, Col and Zod, I decided I could stomach the obscene price increase if I used points to reduce it to the original cost I was expecting.

I had TOTALLY forgotten how many reward points I had accumulated.

Still feel slightly sick about it though. The $260 jump from $390 to $650 is mind-boggling.

Email received....thinking about it. Not sure why the special preorder except to make us feel this would sell out fast.

Think I'll get on waitlist when that happens.

Unfortunately, after sleeping on it, dwelling, contemplating, 8.5 hours of work, and almost 3 hours bored in my car, I have decided to pass. :(:censored

Unfortunately, after sleeping on it, dwelling, contemplating, 8.5 hours of work, and almost 3 hours bored in my car, I have decided to pass. :(:censored

And that's what ticks me off on the way Sideshow did this - they finally produce something that we don't find obvious/major flaws with, we all get excited, and then fans like yourself have to back away because of the obscene cost :slap

Now we need to brace ourselves for their 1/4 P1 maquette pricing :panic:

How I imagine everybody who has passed on this.......

giphy.gif

You guys are hopeless. :lol

I got the invite. Passed. No way I'm paying PF prices for a 1:2 bust, especially when I only paid $400 for the two that I own. Piece looks amazing though, no doubt about that. In 2 years, I can't wait to see if the production holds up to the proto. I'm bracing for the inevitable price increases on the rest of what was shown at SDCC.

The sculpt really is pretty amazing but honestly, $650 for a 1/2 scale bust??
It's gonna end up one of two ways for me either I'm gonna be all happy that I passed because the production piece doesn't match up near the prototype or I'm gonna be like **** me running if it comes out amazing.
But knowing SS's track record I'm banking on it not being beat what it should.

I received my invitation earlier today and there's been an internal debate going on in my head all day. The price is way too high, but this is the one Predator I wanted, and IF they nail it, it'll be a showstopper. And I can always return it if it doesn't hit the mark. But it's also really, really, expensive. But it does come out at the end of next year, so there's some time. But the price is huge, and much more than I thought it'd be...but it won't stop nagging at me because of how well they nailed the sculpt.

The angel and devil on my Canadian shoulders come in the form of Canadian actors Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams...keep at it guys...an answer will become clear at some point tonight, I'm sure.

7gkCKX4.gif

I received my invitation earlier today and there's been an internal debate going on in my head all day. The price is way too high, but this is the one Predator I wanted, and IF they nail it, it'll be a showstopper. And I can always return it if it doesn't hit the mark. But it's also really, really, expensive. But it does come out at the end of next year, so there's some time. But the price is huge, and much more than I thought it'd be...but it won't stop nagging at me because of how well they nailed the sculpt.

The angel and devil on my Canadian shoulders come in the form of Canadian actors Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams...keep at it guys...an answer will become clear at some point tonight, I'm sure.

7gkCKX4.gif

Well ... I preordered this bad boy ... And limited to 750!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back