Statue Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im passing.

This is only something I would get if it was still around later after Ive gotten one of the CoolProps Alien heads and the P1 maquette.

Priorities.

got the legendary scale 1/3 wolf, im very happy and content with that, no need for this

I don't get the logic of using reward points to somehow make this cheaper...:thud:

I know, people say that about gift cards too, makes zero sense. You can use it on something that is actually reasonably priced.

Although with their new pricing structure, might be some people's last SS buy so by all means use em up.

Its funny isnt it how people are never happy. People have to complain or wine about something. Oh the pose is wrong or oh the paint is crap or oh this could of been better or that could of been better and now its the price. Well ive said it once before and ill say it again dont buy it!!!

Ive ordered mine and really do hope they do the elder.

Yep thats it mastersafara maybe they should start collecting tea spoons or stamps or here is an idea let them have a go at making it themselves and see if they can do a better job! That way they can charge what they want too.:lol

Its funny isnt it how people are never happy. People have to complain or wine about something. Oh the pose is wrong or oh the paint is crap or oh this could of been better or that could of been better and now its the price. Well ive said it once before and ill say it again dont buy it!!!

Ive ordered mine and really do hope they do the elder.
There was none till the legitimate complaining about the price/lack of EX. If you don't like hearing/reading criticism I suggest you leave the planet, as it won't stop anytime soon.(even stamp/spoon collectors probably do it)

I know, people say that about gift cards too, makes zero sense. You can use it on something that is actually reasonably priced.

Although with their new pricing structure, might be some people's last SS buy so by all means use em up.

used my rewards to help with price and your right possibly my last SS buy if this is the new level of pricing even though we only collect legendary scale busts

SO...I made the order.

Like everyone who did, I'm not happy about the pricing, and while speaking with my wallet is one way to go about it, I absolutely LOVE the piece, and before clicking "Confirm" I watched their production video again and focused on the portion where they're looking at the piece in person, giving me some perspective of size and such.

That just confirmed what I knew, which was that when I walk into my room next fall or whenever it may arrive, I'll be really happy that I bought it. It's a piece that I'll admire for a long, long time, and that's why I did it. There are LOTS of, "Oooo, that'd be nice," pieces that we ponder over, or pieces that we actually pull the trigger on just because they look nice and we as collectors get caught up in the moment. I know this wasn't one of those pieces. This was a piece that as soon as I saw it announced, I knew I had to own.

Now the price...the price was brutal. They have that "Thank You" video after you confirm, where it goes around the Sideshow office and everyone is like, "Awesome dude, thanks for the order!" and smiling and all that. I felt like it was more them laughing at me this time. "We got you, you weak, weak SOB. *high five*" So I closed the video rather quickly. :lol

There's really no justifying the price. It was a ridiculous jump, and I see in some Facebook groups (which I wonder why I'm still a part of, as almost everyone in the groups seem to be hypocritical, complaining babies there) saying that people are fools if they order this, and that you're a moron if you do. Well, I can guarantee those same people will order something in the next few months that negates their comments, so I just ignore them. Again, I really should just leave those groups, as I never post and most posts make me facepalm as I scroll.

The price was going to happen anyway. 750 people buying this isn't going to make Sideshow go, "WE CAN DO IT! PRICES ARE UP!" They're going up anyway, and they have been. The Star Wars PFs are priced higher and higher, and they'll be $600 in no time. Most will be. Everything they make still sells in truckloads, so the prices will keep going up and that's that. Sure, I'm supporting it to a degree, but it'll also be one of my last big ticket orders. No way I can justify paying these prices for just anything. I was tempted by Huntress seeing her at SDCC, but I'm definitely out on her now. She's a fantastic sculpt, but I don't have a connection to the character enough to spend what I'd have to spend, even though she'll likely be a great piece to own.

I've got Red Sonja on deck, Prime 1 Harley ordered, and am awaiting Prime 1 Catwoman...after that, I think I'm going to focus on Hot Toys, as their quality is only getting better, they're easier on the pocketbook, and space isn't nearly as big an issue when it comes to them. So knowing that I'd be spending $150 more than I'd like...and knowing that being international, their silly "Free Shipping" incentive didn't mean squat to me ($599.99 and NO free shipping would've likely been a much easier pill for many to swallow. Still find it ridiculous to treat international customers this way), I still pulled the trigger because this was one of those pieces that I knew I'd love to have around me for the rest of my time. A piece I could admire and enjoy for the long haul. If it wasn't, then there's no way I would've ordered.

That all said, if the paint comes out poorly, or things don't come out looking like they should for the price that this piece costs, I'll have no qualms about making my first return to Sideshow. I'm really hoping that's not the case, and I do believe they can nail it...here's hoping the extra cost and time before release ends up in our favour.

In closing:

ykJdgc4.gif

SO...I made the order.

War and Peace is well known as being one of the longest novels ever written, though not the longest.

Tolstoy began writing War and Peace in the year that he finally married and settled down at his country estate. The first half of the book was written under the name "1805". During the writing of the second half, he read widely and acknowledged Schopenhauer as one of his main inspirations. However, Tolstoy developed his own views of history and the role of the individual within it.[10]

The first draft of the novel was completed in 1863. In 1865, the periodical Russkiy Vestnik (The Russian Messenger) published the first part of this draft under the title 1805 and published more the following year. Tolstoy was dissatisfied with this version, although he allowed several parts of it to be published with a different ending in 1867. He heavily rewrote the entire novel between 1866 and 1869.[5][10] Tolstoy's wife, Sophia Tolstaya, copied as many as seven separate complete manuscripts before Tolstoy considered it again ready for publication.[10] The version that was published in Russkiy Vestnik had a very different ending from the version eventually published under the title War and Peace in 1869. Russians who had read the serialized version were anxious to buy the complete novel, and it sold out almost immediately. The novel was translated almost immediately after publication into many other languages.

It is unknown why Tolstoy changed the name to War and Peace. He may have borrowed the title from the 1861 work of Pierre-Joseph Proudhon: La Guerre et la Paix ("The War and the Peace" in French).[4] The title may also be another reference to Titus, described as being a master of "war and peace" in The Twelve Caesars, written by Suetonius in 119 CE. The completed novel was then called Voyna i mir (Война и мир in new-style orthography; in English War and Peace).

The 1805 manuscript was re-edited and annotated in Russia in 1983 and since has been translated into English, German, French, Spanish, Dutch, Swedish, Finnish, Albanian, Korean and Czech. The existence of so many versions make this work one of the best insights into the mental processes of a great novelist.

Tolstoy was instrumental in bringing a new kind of consciousness to the novel. His narrative structure is noted for its "god-like" ability to hover over and within events, but also in the way it swiftly and seamlessly portrayed a particular character's point of view. His use of visual detail is often cinematic in scope, using the literary equivalents of panning, wide shots and close-ups. These devices, while not exclusive to Tolstoy, are part of the new style of the novel that arose in the mid-19th century and of which Tolstoy proved himself a master.

The standard Russian text of War and Peace is divided into four books (fifteen parts) and an epilogue in two parts. Roughly the first half is concerned strictly with the fictional characters, whereas the later parts, and the second part of the epilogue, increasingly consist of essays about the nature of war, power, history, and historiography. Tolstoy interspersed these essays into the story in a way that defies previous fictional convention. Certain abridged versions remove these essays entirely, while others, published even during Tolstoy's life, simply moved these essays into an appendix.

In closing:

:)

:mwaha

Damn you guys!

This is where I get on my high horse and start agreeing with those that say you keep on ordering and the prices will keep on rising.
There's got to be a point where you say no instead of justifying it to yourselves.
Yeah it's your money to do what pleases you but please don't complain when the next one is $800.

To be perfectly honest, and I'm a huge Predator fan, I'd rather order this at $100 less...

red-sonja-she-devil-with-a-sword-premium-format-silo-3003471.jpg

Would have been better if you would've found a squid. Their ink is used to print money

i wonder if sideshow reads these forums, if so surely they would see the backlash to the price rise and yes i know many people have ordered it and agree with collectorcol if we keep buying then it's a green light for sideshow to keep raising prices at a astornomical rate but for people like myself and son who only collect one line these price rises will turn many away from collecting, this was an amazing piece and as soon as i saw it wanted it but the price did stop me in my tracks and think, next time at these rates i wont be thinking for long, maybe we should deluge sideshows email with complaints about the price hike

They probably do, but they have no need for it.
They have their sales datas and those give a much better picture of the overall situation than any forum or group could ever do.

Back