Statue Wolf Predator Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's something off about the shape and size of the carapace, like it's not long enough in proportion to the lower half of the head. But this looks pretty awesome

Couldn't agree more.

Lifesize 1&2, primary characters, and 1:2 Wolf and hopefully Elder is perfect. Hope they bring him back if this does well.

To be honest, as a bust, it looks better than the other LSBs.

Yes, Definitely better than all the P1/P2 LSB so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm glad I held off on the p2 bust. Id rather have this one anyway, his face tells more of a story with all those scars.

Another thought... I'm already afraid this LSB is going to be pricey. The wolf has a cult following, and SS knows it. Hope I'm wrong.

Another thought... I'm already afraid this LSB is going to be pricey. The wolf has a cult following, and SS knows it. Hope I'm wrong.

maybe 599? nowhere near the coolprops bust obviously. forget what i paid for my masked wolf bust

Original prices on Sideshow's Predator LSB line . . .

P1 . . . . . . Feb 2011 . . . .. $350
P2 . . . . . . . June 2012 . . .. $390
P2 Savage . . July 2013 . . . . $400
P1 masked . . June 2014 . . . . $390
P2 Elder . . . . Oct 2014 . . . . $390

My guess on this - maybe $425-$460

Don't remind me. :monkey2

You can tell this one had more care into the sculpt and details than the rest, as highlighted in their video. I'd expect something towards $500, would be nice if the extra cash went into better production factory because the rest of the Alien/predator LSB serie is tremendous.

You can tell this one had more care into the sculpt and details than the rest, as highlighted in their video. I'd expect something towards $500, would be nice if the extra cash went into better production factory because the rest of the Alien/predator LSB serie is tremendous.
They won't sell many at or above $500

i dont think it will be near $500 especially if they plan to do more pred LSB as i was informed from sideshow in email after elder got cancelled

They won't sell many at or above $500

I know we won't know until actual release, but... would it be so unlikely for people to drop about 100$ more if that granted a better final quality? The common mindset is to buy pieces to group together but wouldn't it be better to have one great piece at 500$ instead of 3-4 mediocre pieces at 400$/each?
I understand that Sideshow won't ever come out and say "no worries we'll give this to a better factory" upfront because, well, they can't do that. But hypothetically speaking, I'm kinda hoping they do give this piece to a better factory even if the price ends up being higher.

I'm asking because, looking at latest releases, I noticed that the cheaper statues came out bad. Some examples are the latest Winter Soldier Cap PF, the movie Thor PF, Iron Man MK42, Iron Patriot, and they are all pieces that went on preorder fairly long ago and with a lower price tag of around $400.
Then you have pieces that went on preorder much more recently like the Brown Wolverine PF, Spidey PF, Superman Red Son and a few others that had a higher price tag (closer to $500) and they came out good. Still with the usual random QC issues here and there but overall they are solid. The variant War Machine maquette of the Iron Patriot too was around $500 and it appears to be much more solid than the IP.

Kinda looks like a pattern, it's not to say I want stuff with jacked up prices but at this point, since people seem to be buying less and less pieces, might as well make sure those fewer pieces come out good.

The masked P1 came out pretty nicely at $389 not so long ago, The Big Chap was diabolical at a similar price point, it appears random. Sideshow have been making an effort across the board it seems regardless of the cost. Let's be honest, even the cheaper stuff is in no way cheap, we're all tainted by the hobby I think. My Mrs and most normal people would probably think it's insane to pay $300+ on a statue.... Which is why I don't tell her ;)

Well, to be 101% honest, I'd pick a "great" piece at 500$ over a "nice" piece at 400$ any day... proportionally makes more sense to me, as you say the amount of cash we're dropping is already very high, might as well go in for the kill and makes sure that you're churning out money for something worthy of it.

But yeah, I'm living in the dream of being able to get out of the hobby sometime "soon" and be content with what I have, which is pretty much impossible since every few months there's an announcement for *that* character I really want and that would fit sooo good with *that* other character(s) I wouldn't have considered otherwise but as a group display I must have them so here my cash I don't need it

It looks great but I'll see how coolprops brings out their wolf.
Personally not a big fan of 1/2 scale anything.

I'll get this one for sure. As much as I'd love to have all 1:1 busts, space/cost is an issue. The 1:2 are just fine to me.

Well, to be 101% honest, I'd pick a "great" piece at 500$ over a "nice" piece at 400$ any day...

Well yeah, so would I, but until that is a guaranteed option, let's not assume price rises reflect this. This is an LSB, the price shouldn't be anywhere near what people are suggesting. We all seem to have gone mad and I hope the people who make these decisions don't see this and get ideas..

Back