Prop Wolf Predator Bio Helmet "DX" review.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaijuboy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share some pics and a mini-review of a new piece I recently picked up. Its the "DX" version of the Wolf Predator Bio Mask currently up on ebay from a couple of sellers.

Now before everyone bursts in with "re-cast!!!!1!!one!" this is not the SS piece. :lecture But I honestly wish Sideshow would put even half of this amount of dedication into their bios, as this company really went above and beyond with this piece.

The bio starts off as your standard full size Wolf bio with good outside detailing, but with actual lenses and metal mesh:

WolfDXbio.jpg

But then you'll notice the full inside detail (based off the ADI behind the scenes pics), which is very intricate and really well done :
[Note: the center "medallion is magnetic and removable to expose the center magnet that attaches to the base]

WolfDXinside.jpg

And then you'll notice that there are actual "lasers" in the Helmet, not LEDs, and they are in a perfect grouping AND sighted up with the helmet. Trying to take of picture through the mask freaked my camera out, but you can see the general idea.

WolfDXlasers.jpg
WolfDXlasersinside.jpg

Even the base is modeled after the Wolf's laser trip mines, complete with 24 fully functioning LEDs (no lasers here, because you probably would end up blinding yourself or someone else! :horror ) And it even has two removable hoses that go to the bio helmet.

WolfDXbaselights.jpg

You can also desk or wall mount this on the wall along with any of your other bios.

WolfDXFon.jpg
WolfDXRSAonwall.jpg

All in all, I am EXTREMELY impressed with how this came out. And of all the bios I have (or have had), I can honestly say this is the most robust full featured bio I have ever seen offered by any company and I really hope SS/HCG/etc take notice. (Although I do give kudos to HCG for their elaborate [but expensive] P1). Anyone looking to add the most definitive version of the Wolf Bio currently available would do well to pick one of these up.

Last edited:
:eek

How much? Where? What? Can't think straight?!@?W#@EUH

Seriously, that is ____ING INCREDIBLE! I want one so bad, but I know if I get one I'll never be able to buy a SS Bio again. :lol

Dont think I can put links here due to commerce rules, but you should be able to find it up on ebay easy enough with "Wolf" and "DX". If all else fails, feel free to PM me.

And for the record: NO, I do not make these, :lecture (although I wish I did!:D )

I actually got one of these coming in myself. The seller/sellers have sold a good amount of these already as I had been watching them for awhile. I had the original SS wolf Bio, and I have to say, from the pics I saw, this one is waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy better and the best Predator Bio ever made to date imo, when it comes to being manufactured.

Hey guys, the mask is definitely a recast off the original wolf bio. I have the original and comparing the two, the sculpts are identical.

The makers however at least put some work into it by adding in real mesh as well as adding the interior detail.

Kudos to them for adding value to it.

But it is not an original sculpt, mask wise. :)

Hey guys, the mask is definitely a recast off the original wolf bio. I have the original and comparing the two, the sculpts are identical.

The makers however at least put some work into it by adding in real mesh as well as adding the interior detail.

Kudos to them for adding value to it.

But it is not an original sculpt, mask wise. :)

Are you really positive? Please forgive me and don't think I'm trying to bash you. Do you own a actual Screen Used Bio, or a bio from the original mold? I know of people that sculpt Bios that are indeed screen acurate via hundreds of screen shots and information from Prop makers from the set. Unless we have evidence that these bios are from known re-casters, lets give the distributors the benifet of the doubt that this is a fabulious interpentation of AVP-R Inside the Monster Shop. That much detail is not even close to a re-casters motive.

hey! i have one of these myself! i just got it last week, and i gotta say am extremely pleased with the quality of the craftsmanship.

the interior of the wolf bio is superbly put together, and the lasers are extremely impressive. they form a perfect triangle when shone on a surface. the mesh eyepieces are aluminium and quite sturdy. they have a plastic lens behind them, so i plan to place some tinting there so they're less see-through.

the paint app on the base is a wee bit sloppy, with some over-runs from the copper area into the silver. but when the bio is in place, that's not noticeable at all. so i'll give it a pass on that front. the stand's light-up feature is cool too but to switch it on, u gotta remove a part of it, which means taking out the bio first. not so practical, so most of the time i probably won't bother turning it on.

for the record, i do not think this bio is a recast. i noticed a minor differentiation from the ss version, in the vertical battle-damaged crack-line on the left side of the bio. from what i've seen in the ss version, the cracks in the ss are not as extensively spread into the forehead area as this custom piece. i could be wrong, but comparing pics of the ss and mine, it kinda looks slightly different.

i'll post some pics of mine soon.

Thank you for your input tylerdurden, I own a screen hero bio of wolf/cleaner. This Work is a original concept bio.

Are you really positive? Please forgive me and don't think I'm trying to bash you. Do you own a actual Screen Used Bio, or a bio from the original mold? I know of people that sculpt Bios that are indeed screen acurate via hundreds of screen shots and information from Prop makers from the set. Unless we have evidence that these bios are from known re-casters, lets give the distributors the benifet of the doubt that this is a fabulious interpentation of AVP-R Inside the Monster Shop. That much detail is not even close to a re-casters motive.

I'm actually quite positive that the mask is a recast based on the pictures.

I do have the Sideshow Bio which is supposed to come from the original mold.

I also compared the inside shape, both are lightly loped sided in the same way.

However, like i said, I would not take this as a straight up recast as the makers actually did add value to it by adding to the inside.

I'm not knocking the piece, just giving credit where credit is due.
:1-1:

Are you really positive? That much detail is not even close to a re-casters motive.

:lecture Indeed, someone trying to turn a quick profit selling "counterfeits" (so to speak) would not do this much. Could they have possibly copied some elements? Who knows :dunno , but I've seen so any different fan made ones on the various forms and ebay that its really impossible to say. Unless someone wan to send me their SS wolf to do some side-by-side photos.

Needless to say, its time that SS starts doing some "copying" of their own, as stuff like this is really starting to show them up...

Oh and to Azurepred and TylerDurden, congrats on your purchases! :hi5:

Last edited:
:lecture Indeed, someone trying to turn a quick profit selling "counterfeits" (so to speak) would not do this much. Could they have possibly copied some elements? Who knows :dunno , but I've seen so any different fan made ones on the various forms and ebay that its really impossible to say. Unless someone wan to send me their SS wolf to do some side-by-side photos.

Needless to say, its time that SS starts doing some "copying" of their own, as stuff like this is really shows them up...

Will do a side by side comparison when mine arrives :lecture

And I agree SS could learn something here. However the power could be in the licensee's hands and not their's.
:1-1:

I'd say it is a recast of the sideshow one. It looks great, why couldn't sideshow have put in just a bit more effort and made this one :dunno . I can't find this on ebay

Well I gave in and ordered one managed to save $40 of the asking price . I live in the UK so ill have to see how it turns out.

Really want a s/s one but I carnt afford 700 pounds people are asking over here :(

Needless to say, its time that SS starts doing some "copying" of their own, as stuff like this is really starting to show them up...

QFT! absolutely. recasters are in it purely for a quick buck. there's nothing "quick" about this piece. a lot of time and effort was put into it.

thanks! congrats to u too :D

Back