Statue Witch-King (Ringwraith) Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you are right my mistake, just saw freeman's collection thread, insane inventory. Looks like he bought the entire ss + ht warehouse home ;)

Stunning...:clap

211tobb.jpg

Ordered the EX!!! This new line is awesome! I have Gandalf, Ringwraith on order, and on my way to get Aragorn and Legolas. I am really hoping they do Gollum in this line too.

I'm also seriously considering ordering Gimli, Boromir and Arwen.

These are the 2 most EX worthy in my opinion. Well not you can add the Ringwraith to that list.

Honestly, I am going to disagree with you a little bit. IMO, while the dead orc on Gimli is very cool, it also strikes me as a little busy. I almost prefer the base without the orc body, but that's just me.

I don't like Boromir's EX hand at all. I much prefer the regular hand with sword at his side.

I try to buy the EX always, even if I prefer the regular display. Just think those have the better value potential down the road, etc. I usually end up preferring the EX display though anyway. I have the entire maquette line ordered/pre-ordered and have to say I'm most excited for Boromir.

I try to buy the EX always, even if I prefer the regular display. Just think those have the better value potential down the road, etc. I usually end up preferring the EX display though anyway. I have the entire maquette line ordered/pre-ordered and have to say I'm most excited for Boromir.

I used to think that, but do you know you can get ANY pre-order regular with a min of 10-15% off AND free shipping in most cases from authorized dealers? so now i only order ex if the extra is worth it (which in most cases they are).

Anyway i think legolas has the best exclusive in this line so far, it gives you 2 entirely different poses - melee + ranged, which is pretty nice.

Wasn't paying attention when this came up, but still managed to order Ex.

Question on the RWOS, do we know what line it will belong to? As in the maquettes, PFs, Dios...?

EX Orderd!!! I think it's amazing pose and has an unbelievable presence. In addition, it allows me to get the Ringwraith at a decent price just in case the RWOS is priced too high for my blood.

didn't even realize this went up for order. got my order in though. i think the exclusive is a must for this one cuz it looks like they captured that scene in the movie perfectly, when the wraith advances on Frodo. kinda wish his sword arm switched out to an empty outstretched hand.

Wasn't paying attention when this came up, but still managed to order Ex.

Question on the RWOS, do we know what line it will belong to? As in the maquettes, PFs, Dios...?

The Ringwraith on steed will be a PF, and I'm guessing will cost a LOT of money. This maquette is part of their new fully sculpted line.

Very nice! But i do hope they stop with the wind-swept billowing cloak for at least some pieces, otherwise a whole collection displayed together will look like you have a very windy display room!

But this statue is very good. Think i prefer the reg, in which case i might pick it up locally down the line together with other maquettes.

Honestly, I am going to disagree with you a little bit. IMO, while the dead orc on Gimli is very cool, it also strikes me as a little busy. I almost prefer the base without the orc body, but that's just me.

I don't like Boromir's EX hand at all. I much prefer the regular hand with sword at his side.

Well to each his own of course :1-1:
the reason I like the orc on Gimli's base is it reminds of that scene in Two Towers when he's on the bridge mowing down orcs. "Don't tell the elf"

I used to think that, but do you know you can get ANY pre-order regular with a min of 10-15% off AND free shipping in most cases from authorized dealers? so now i only order ex if the extra is worth it (which in most cases they are).

Anyway i think legolas has the best exclusive in this line so far, it gives you 2 entirely different poses - melee + ranged, which is pretty nice.

I used to follow this philosophy but with the quality control issues I have been having with SS lately it is almost too much trouble to buy from a 3rd party and have to worry about whether the statue will be damaged, flawed, etc and hope I can get a replacement through the 3rd party. At this point it is just worth the extra money to get it from SS and worry less about replacement.

Wish I have an extra budget for this one and for the other statues of Morgul Lord/Witch King/Ringwraiths w/c I'm dying to collect but I'm a little bit busy w/ my 1/6th hobby. :slap

This looks amazing! :rock Congrats on those who pre-ordered this. :wink1:

The Ringwraith on steed will be a PF, and I'm guessing will cost a LOT of money. This maquette is part of their new fully sculpted line.

I am really hoping the production sneak that they had posted not long ago will be of the Ringwraith PF.

That will be one smoking hot piece.

Back