WIP SS Ghost Anakin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mookeylama said:
i imagine Hunky cast it in resin.

Pix this is looking killer! wonderful idea! it's looking awesome too.

Thanks Mookey! I can't wait to see what Josh does with it. :D

pixletwin said:
GA31.jpg

:lol I like how you have my Palpatine = Sidious Maul thought on your computer. As much as you know I dislike Hayden replacing Shaw, your custom looks awesome so far. I can't wait too see the finished project. I have no painting skills either and if I ever make that Jack Bauer I'm thinking of, I'd have to have DA or someone else from the board paint it too.

This looks great! I considered doing something like this as well. I might still but I'll need yet another Anakin first...

I'm looking forward to seeing your paint on this one, Josh. How are you going to make him look benign instead of pissed?

Customikey said:
I'm looking forward to seeing your paint on this one, Josh. How are you going to make him look benign instead of pissed?

Really that would be the greatest challenge, wouldn't it? I know that whatever Josh runs with will be right for it. :D

Anzik Hayes said:
I'm working on a similar project only I'm repainting a Hasbro Ben Kenobi head and putting it on a SSC body so it matches the others.
It's amazing how much paint Hasbro slopped all over their heads. There's truly alot of detail gunked up under there.

Andy, how is your Obi-Wan project coming along? I am very curious to see how it is turning out. :wave

I wonder if when Sideshow ever tackles this, if the head and hands will be cast in translucent plastic (Imagine how cool that would be)?

pixletwin said:
Really that would be the greatest challenge, wouldn't it? I know that whatever Josh runs with will be right for it. :D

Yeah, that's what I am hoping to do.... and it WILL be a challenge. The sculpt just screams "Make me Angry" :D

But I think that if I alter the brows just a little, like I did with Supes... it will help me out. And I'll do my best to not have him looking TOO far up into his upper eyelids.... Can't wait to get started on it... HA did a great job with the sculpt... It's really an amazing change.

Whatever you decide to do will be great. If he ends up still looking quite intense, well, I'm sure you can still be intense AND at one with the force. :D

like pix said, even if it ends up with the same expression.. it'll still be an amazing custom, and you can just say he's not angry... he's peacefully forceful. lol

but DA you should be able to alter the eyebrows a little I think, just look at screencaps, and work to them.... if you paint the centre of his eyebrows (by his nose) a little above the eyebrow sculpt, and maybe the outsides a little lower... (or whatever it looks like on the photos) then it should be able to work

not explaining it very well here, lol but I know what i mean

I think also you could (depending on if it looks feasable... but I know i'd try it..... if it was my own figure, lol) you could try to paint the mouth to look as if its in more of a smile.... make a fake smile. adding some colour to the corners of the lips to raise them... and maybe the reverse underneath. at a quick look it seems to be more about the smile than the eyebrows, but altering both slightly might help

I'm sure there are thing that could be done, I've not looked into it and compared my sculpt to it to be honest.(I need more TIME dammit, lol)

Either way... it will look amazing!! (here's a pic anyway)

ROTJ-AnakinFixed.jpg

I think that Pix's Anakin sculpts are a work of art! I love them and would love to have one although I've got another project in mind for HA, and it'll be off to him by the end of next week. :rock....

Back