Statue Will you Order Wolverine Legendary Scale Figure if he's $2000?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you buy Wolverine LSF @ 2000 with an open edition size?

• Total voters
I voted no. Wolvie is one of my favorite characters going back to my childhood, and I've paid ridiculous amounts of money for collectibles, but $2K is just way beyond my threshold. The edition size plays zero role in my decision.

I wouldn't have room for the damn thing anyway. PF will suit me just fine (though I wish Sideshow would get on the ball and do the brown and yellow version!).

Can't blame you there. I know how much is that Batman in the Cave cost. It had been offer to me but i am a MARVEL kind of guy. Can't wait to see that Batman in your collection thread.

And you know that is not the only thing for me.
I actually sold a few pieces the other day of my Bowen collection. Its time to clean house and get ready for all the new SS treats. I know you did the same last year. Its time to do the same here and go back to IM and Batman for me. Anyways are you getting this?

No, i am not getting the Batman. Do not want to start a new line of collection. I did sold all the non Marvel related collection and even go as far as sold some of the Marvel grail pieces too. Collecting is like a marathon, just have to know how to pace yourself. I had seen so many are gone or stop completely.

You got the right attitude! :clap
I was asking about the Wolverine Legendary Scale Figure, are you buying?

If you guys decide to buy any of these Legendary Scale figures realize that these are no longer investments so make sure that you really want it and most likely will never sell it. It would stink to buy one for $2,000 and have to sell it for $1,300 because very few people would buy it that low anyway.

If you guys decide to buy any of these Legendary Scale figures realize that these are no longer investments so make sure that you really want it and most likely will never sell it. It would stink to buy one for $2,000 and have to sell it for $1,300 because very few people would buy it that low anyway.

I dont collect to invest Awesome.
I for one collect for the love of it. I dont mind the cost, but quality and workmanship matters most from now on.

I dont collect to invest Awesome.
I for one collect for the love of it. I dont mind the cost, but quality and workmanship matters most from now on.

Yes we all know you have a huge collection and a decent amount of funds but not every body does. Some people find it great to have security when they buy a collectible and they know that it can at least hold it's value or even grow. When things get tough it's good to know that you have these statues to sell when things get tough.

On the subject of quality, Sideshow has not proven that they can handle the workload like they used to years ago, you are absolutely correct on the issue of craft.

Last edited:

To me, if I invest in something I expect return, it is all that matters. Towards being a collector, it is a lie to say I won't feel excited when a piece I love soar in value; however, it is not the market price that matters, it shows you have taste on what you like.

With their expanding range of products and licenses, quality has certainly went down with Sideshow's products.

Thus, for anything costing more than $500 from Sideshow, I am certainly thinking a lot more before I drop the cash.

To me, if I invest in something I expect return, it is all that matters. Towards being a collector, it is a lie to say I won't feel excited when a piece I love soar in value; however, it is not the market price that matters, it shows you have taste on what you like.

Exactly, but a lot of people here don't seem to care since they are sure that they will always be employed. It's great to have a rare Vase sitting in your closet when you know that you can sell it when you go through tough times. That is what a collectible is, when something can be made to order it's no longer limited.

Exactly, but a lot of people here don't seem to care since they are sure that they will always be employed. It's great to have a rare Vase sitting in your closet when you know that you can sell it when you go through tough times. That is what a collectible is, when something can be made to order it's no longer limited.

I agree, I have said I hate to get something everybody can get easily and name it a part of my collection. I always tell my wife the day I have to sell my collection is the day I am in big trouble. I have a saving for most things. So to the end, how much the pieces worth, appears to me as a figure only.

I think I will buy 1 to 2 LSF just because they are freaking cool. Other pieces, neglecting it's value, is dead to me.

I understand. I dont know enough yet to say that the LSF will be a true investment. As it is, it is a different type of collectable. Something that may not go up in value as others. Flippers will avoid this line, and thats fine with me.
Im looking at the limited nature of some collectables and yes that makes them extremely hard to get. Like the Doom PF, I do not have. I would not mind having yet even I am not going to pay for the exuberant prices.

I hope the economy will improve, I dont want anyone to be out of a job :monkey2. It ruins the fun for all of us
At a time when the collectable market is getting harder and harder to get into for the majority of us, Sideshow is catering to the more upper market collector with the LSF. They know there is a market for it and they know what they are doing. I hope they double check, triple check the quality of this line since at this price range it needs to be next to perfect for these collectors.

These are very valuable to some, I dont see them dropping in price too much ever as they will go into the hands of some higher end collectors, and as long as the market is not flooded by overproduction, it should retain its value.
I doubt that it will be overproduced, these may be open ES but not everyone can drop $$$ on one of these too often. This should also help the statues retain their value.

Voted no for Wolverine.Too much $$$$ for em. For me to consider buying any LSF it would have to be something incredible :wink1:

The thing people aren't mentioning is that this thing doesn't even look very aesthetically pleasing or accurate:dunno..Wolverine LSF has the anatomy/physiology and feel of a dwarf (Actually looks a lot like "Puck the dwarf" from Alpha Flight dressed up in a Wolverine costume))..As I mentioned before..this line will cater mostly to pathological statue hoarders with bottomless pockets that are absolutely compelled to purchase anything and everything put out by Sideshow in order to feed their neurotic compulsion:monkey4
tumblr_loozdy6rRd1r0nexeo1_500.jpg
puck-bigcostume1.jpg

What are you saying Leo?
These look great next to each other in the same scale :dunno

:lolYou'd even buy Puck LSF wouldn't you?

Nah...

But I would buy more IM ;)

Aren't you happy? I'm putting my efforts and extra cash into ARH Studios! :dunno
What else can I do for you? :lol
Enjoy collecting, be happy :peace

Cool stuff, but not for the masses. And regardless of size, these prices are way outta whack!

Back