Premium Format Will you be buying the Superman Christopher Reeve Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you be buying the Superman Christopher Reeve Premium Format Statue

• Total voters
If someone is an action figure collector and does not buy PFs or statues at all would that person's vote still be of interest/use?

My vote would be no. This PF would certainly not be my gateway into this area of collecting. I think its pretty bad.

If someone is an action figure collector and does not buy PFs or statues at all would that person's vote still be of interest/use?

My vote would be no. This PF would certainly not be my gateway into this area of collecting. I think its pretty bad.

I think so, I was hoping to upgrade my HT version of Reeve to a PF as he is one of my last 1/6 figs, but looks like I will be keeping the HT for now.

damn you sideshow!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_static_loki5.gif

Terrible head sculpt and the rest of it is no better.

Coming from a girl's perspective, CR was a pretty good looking/handsome guy and the PF just looks weird.

Terrible head sculpt and the rest of it is no better.

Coming from a girl's perspective, CR was a pretty good looking/handsome guy and the PF just looks weird.

Would you say old and weird looking because when he did the movies young and didn't have some strange pee pose

Would you say old and weird looking because when he did the movies young and didn't have some strange pee pose

Hahaha, I don't know about pee pose, but that's just not his face. Don't know if it's just the nurse in me, but he looks sick :/ (not in a good way)

I can't believe people are buying this!? The worse one I saw from sideshow....

Hahaha, I don't know about pee pose, but that's just not his face. Don't know if it's just the nurse in me, but he looks sick :/ (not in a good way)

You're skills do not deceive you, Nurse Grey, there is something wrong with his complication, Hollow with a Whiter Shade of Pale is my diagnosis

You're skills do not deceive you, Nurse Grey, there is something wrong with his complication, Hollow with a Whiter Shade of Pale is my diagnosis

I told my sister he kind of looks emaciated. :huh

Yes, Christopher Reeve wasn't beefcake or built like Henry Cavil, but the PF makes him look scrawny... scrawnier?

Just my opinion though :3

If I buy it'll be to complete the 3 (comic, man of steel and this), I'm not particularly loving it though - pretty poor HS, awkward pose and weird base

No

Pose is awful and I agree with Colossus. There is some terrible green lights right now on male poses. Been that way for a few years. Gambit was the last male pose I got that I liked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

No

Pose is awful and I agree with Colossus. There is some terrible green lights right now on male poses. Been that way for a few years. Gambit was the last male pose I got that I liked.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I just looked and we are at 93% disapproval rating, I did notice something today on SSC home page, they have this pic on the scroll banner at the top, which looks to me like they are trying to improve his completion and then you go and look at the pic's on the buy now page and then this

these are the ones that are responsible for the above end results and the way I was raised if you put name on something you stand by either Good or Bad

Joe Allard (Design)
Haiwei Hou (Design)
Matt Black (Sculpt)
Wan Lee (Paint)

We all know about the paint issues, but the pose is awkward, the hips are rotated wrong even if he is trying to stick a soft landing it doesn't work (Please watch a Superman Movie) I will admit the Base does look Good but who wants Statue just for the Base???

and let's not forget

Sideshow Collectibles Design and Development Team

that OK'd this (please put the Bong Down)

I pose a question how hard is it to make him look like this?

Hot Toys did it and did a Damn Good Job

These are some poses IMO that should have been looked at

Back