Will there be 1/6th scale droids?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveMinusZero

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know everyone is clammering for Sideshow to produce armored characters, and with good reason, but what are the odds on getting droids? Getting armored helmets, gauntlets and so on, is one thing, but Battle Droids, Protocol Droids and their ilk would be entire body sculpts right? Do you think Sideshow, or even Medicom, will go for this? It would be a big let down if they didn't, but creating entirely new bodies seems like something they would be hesitant to do.

All them crazy droids:
https://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/

(sorry if this is in another thread somewhere, I couldn't seem to find one)

Last edited:
I think they'll definitely get around to C3po and R2. Other than those I'm not sure. Oh and the inevitable repaints of course.

I don't remember any official word on the droids one way or the other. But I think it will happen... I mean they made Jabba and his throne.

Also the repaint options with the figures will help get a lot of use out of the molds.

I don't care if 3PO & R2 have articulation, I just want 1/6th scale counterparts to the 1/6th line. Meaning if they are like Jabba and the creatures with little to no articulation then so be it.

I'd hope that C-3P0 had at least some articulation, not Hot Toys Endo-skeleton artictulated, but something. Otherwise why not just keep the Hasbro 12"? It's half decent, but I imagine Sideshow could make an amazing 3P0 if they wanted to.

Well, with th recent colaberative efforts between Hot toys and sideshow, I'd be suprised if they were'nt discussing making grevious behind the scenes.

The only thing official from their co-operation that we know about so far are the child sized bodies. These are the bodies being used on the Hobbits in the Lord of the Rings line.
It is probobly safe to assume that there is going to be a newer body designed for the full size figures as well. I'm hoping to hear it announced during toyfair.
It's just a few weeks away, so we will see.

Yeah with HT (possibly) in the equation I think a lot of doors are opened up. I think no matter what we would have seen C3PO and R2D2 (they are making 1:1 statues afterall), but now even something like Grievous could be on the table.

i would assume that a droid such as c-3po would not have a base body at all and would be a completely solid new cast (separate limbs, head.....feet) with limited articulation. much like the hasbro version but a little more realistic. that may be the problem with the armored characters as well. i would think...imho.....that if these pieces were cast as solid (so to speak) instead of having to be built around a body they may come up with a viable solution. now how they would get the articulation into something like this i dont exactly know but im thinking it could be done without losing the look and feel of a 1/6th figure.

The best way for them to make any 1:6 figure is to treat it as a costume for the 1:6 body, that way we get a really nice figure that mimics the actual costume and poses properly.
That said I want a 3P0 with an Ep. 1 skeleton and snap on body plating. Yes, I dream BIG! :lol
Did I mention I want R2 with opening doors and extendable tools?:D
I'd pay for that kind of detail!

The best way for them to make any 1:6 figure is to treat it as a costume for the 1:6 body, that way we get a really nice figure that mimics the actual costume and poses properly.
That said I want a 3P0 with an Ep. 1 skeleton and snap on body plating. Yes, I dream BIG! :lol
Did I mention I want R2 with opening doors and extendable tools?:D
I'd pay for that kind of detail!

I agree. If SSC is taking this long with C-3PO, I am fully expecting a human body with a black body sock and droid plating covering the body. Why just make a C-3PO statue like Hasbro when you can go for the most accurate C-3PO ever?

Back