Will there be 1/6th scale droids?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah with HT (possibly) in the equation I think a lot of doors are opened up. I think no matter what we would have seen C3PO and R2D2 (they are making 1:1 statues afterall), but now even something like Grievous could be on the table.

I didn't care enough for the character to get the PF, but I would kill for a good 1/6 figure.

Sideshow originally said that general Grievous was out of the question. But on one the Q-n-A's, they stated that the support for the line has even made General Grievous a possibility. With the PF Grievous that has been done, and with the collaberation between Hot Toys and Sideshow. I don't ask if they will, I ask when. I am 100% confident that we will get them all if the line continues to sell as well as it has been. Even Chewbacca.

Imagine how much ptotocol droids will have to rock to be a good value at $70.00.

And think about how cool it will be when the line gets to the point where all the core characters are done and we start getting cantina patrons.

What would be really fun (definitely a dumb pipe dream) is if underneath C3PO's mask their was a portrait of Anthony Daniels, sure it will never happen and would probably be extra work for nothing... but that would be a fun display option.

Maybe an alternate head for an exclusive...

01.JPG

Haha, that'd be hilarious, but I'd be more than happy with just a great, articulated 3P0. I think the body suit with his plating put on like armor is a good idea, I hope they go that route.

I hope for Padme's sake they give R2 ALL of his attachments for when Anakin is out on the outer rim for those extended tours.

Now if they make R2-D2 which version will he be?
Will he be the R2 from the OT with just the doors that open and his radar and where he held Lukes Lightsaber?
Or will it be the R2 from the PT with thrusters that come from the side of his legs?
You'd think with the NH Luke having the droid caller they'd be making a 3PO too!
:chew:r2d2line

The droid caller has no bearing on who they make, it was on Luke's belt so we are getting it. That said I wouldn't mind a surprise droid come Toy Fair.. but I doubt it. Vader for SDCC though! :vader

By far, Droids that SSC came up with are some Prode Droids and the Holographic Sidious Mecho-chair. Only the Mecho-chair has articulation to the legs.

Its been over 2 years now and we haven't got a proper Droid with arms and legs, I do wish we can see one soon.

Just finished a resin c3po kit this morning was able to get the head to move and the shoulders. Done some battle droids previously :

c3po-1.jpg

sbd04.jpg

bd03.jpg

Last edited:
Back