Will PF Green Hulk maintain its value? Advice needed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabid_wolf

Super Freak
Reaction score
I found a PF Green Hulk for sale in the $750 range. This is the one statute Ive really been wanting to get.

Here is my dilemma. Reading the boards I Know that the Hulk Comiquette is coming out. Will this bring down the prices on the PFs and should I wait.

Honestly I would prefer to get a grey Hulk PF but am willing to pay in the $800 - $900 range for it. As of now it seems the grey ones are selling upwards of $1000.

Do you guys think I should wait and will the value of the grey and/or green be affected by the comiquette?

Any advice by the seasoned collectors would be appreciated.

Seasoned collector. . .

homer1.jpg

it will all depend on how well the new hulk comiquette turns out.

I will say the same thing about the Hulk PF as I do about the Wolverine comiquette; with the news about an upcoming Hulk Comiquette, I see the Hulk PF value staying roughly the same. Some collectors really prefer either comiquette or PF.

I found a PF Green Hulk for sale in the $750 range. This is the one statute Ive really been wanting to get.

Here is my dilemma. Reading the boards I Know that the Hulk Comiquette is coming out. Will this bring down the prices on the PFs and should I wait.

Honestly I would prefer to get a grey Hulk PF but am willing to pay in the $800 - $900 range for it. As of now it seems the grey ones are selling upwards of $1000.

Do you guys think I should wait and will the value of the grey and/or green be affected by the comiquette?

Any advice by the seasoned collectors would be appreciated.

What is it worth to you? I don't see it dropping any time soon, if ever. I wouldn't go for any piece at that price ever but that seems to be in line with the current market value. I see far less of these lately so if they become even more scarce you will be paying even more down the road.

If it's one of your "must haves" go for it.

Of course it will dip in value.. everything does, in a long enough timeline. The more, newer Hulk statues are out there, the more choices collectors have. Don't invest yourself too much into value, just get it for yourself!

great price. buy it, if not let another boardy know about it so they can.

The green Hulk is about $800 range and the Gray Hulk is about $1200 range regardless of how the comiquette turn out. I think both will stay at that range for good, maybe the Gray one might go up a bit.

Hmm... why don't you wait until the Comiquette goes up for order and we get to see the final design and then decide which pose/format you like better. I also want to get another green PF, but if the comiquette pose looks better to me then I'll save my money and go with the comiquette for retail rather than paying the premium for the PF.

That's really not a bad price . . . and the daily enjoyment from looking at the statue makes it well worth it . . . even in this economy it hasn't gone down in price that much . . . :)

But it really depends on if you like the look of the PF or not . . . or if you want an updated look that will probably be used for the comiquette . . .

I think the PF will hover at that price...as good as the new one might turn out to be...Andy's sculpt is a classic representation of THE HULK and a must have for any Hulk Fan :rock!!

I think the PF will hover at that price...as good as the new one might turn out to be...Andy's sculpt is a classic representation of THE HULK and a must have for any Hulk Fan :rock!!

I agree and really think this sculpt is a great representation of the hulk, especially because I am a fan of the classic silver age hulk. The only thing that turned me off a little bit was the way the face looked UNTIL I SAW IT IN PERSON. This statue is amazing in person and the pictures I had seen do not do it justice.

Although I am very familiar with the comic book market, I am not familiar with the statue market and therefore appreciate all the advice. I obviously dont want to pay a premium now if 6 months down the line I can get a grey hulk for that price or a green one for a couple hundred less. Again, since I am not familiar with how this market works I wanted to get a sense from others on the board.

I dont see the price on the Andy B. Hulk ever going drastically down.

No matter how bad ass the new comiquette ends up being it will not be to everyones taste and ultimately will not affect the price of the Hulk PF.

I don't own this pf but know for a fact ( even though I don't collect marvel stuff ) that this is probably the best pf thats ever been made. Its just AWESOME.
If I had the chance to get this and could afford to I would. Regardless of what comes out in the future I think this is going to be very hard to top.

firstly if you're wanting a Hulk statue that is available right now, then the PF is the way to go. the comiquette most likely won't be available for at least a couple of years and within that time we'll most likely see a few more movies come out that have tie ins with the Hulk which will only drive up the prices even more.

not to mention the actual hulk movies that are slated to be made which will drastically escalate the cost of these.

I have both the green and gray Hulks, but would sell just about any of my other PFs before those, including my retro Spiderman, which I know I would probably never be able to replace. The Hulks are just too impressive in person to ever drop significantly from their current prices. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a short-term drop if a really good Hulk comiquette comes out, but only because it will be had for lower prices off the bat.

Over time, I think the Hulk PF will probably always be the greatest representation of the character, and the prices will reflect that.

Ryan

Back