Will PF Green Hulk maintain its value? Advice needed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course it will dip in value.. everything does, in a long enough timeline. The more, newer Hulk statues are out there, the more choices collectors have. Don't invest yourself too much into value, just get it for yourself!

I think the PF will hover at that price...as good as the new one might turn out to be...Andy's sculpt is a classic representation of THE HULK and a must have for any Hulk Fan :rock!!

firstly if you're wanting a Hulk statue that is available right now, then the PF is the way to go. the comiquette most likely won't be available for at least a couple of years and within that time we'll most likely see a few more movies come out that have tie ins with the Hulk which will only drive up the prices even more.

not to mention the actual hulk movies that are slated to be made which will drastically escalate the cost of these.

I have both the green and gray Hulks, but would sell just about any of my other PFs before those, including my retro Spiderman, which I know I would probably never be able to replace. The Hulks are just too impressive in person to ever drop significantly from their current prices. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a short-term drop if a really good Hulk comiquette comes out, but only because it will be had for lower prices off the bat.

Over time, I think the Hulk PF will probably always be the greatest representation of the character, and the prices will reflect that.

Ryan

Everyone here has given you great advice. IMO the quotes above sum it up.

Just a little add on ... I have both the green and gray. At one time I had two of each as I ended up buying two more with Stan Lee's signature on them, and a pic of him signing them. I recently sold the gray one to a forum member. He bought it because he sold his first gray one for money which he needed at the time.

After he bought it from me, he said that he will never sell it again. It is there to stay in his collection.

The combination of the following: a) Done by Sideshow in 1/4 scale, b) sculpted by Andy, and c) it is classic representation of the hulk: pretty much insures that the value of both of these hulks will hover around the price range you see today or more.

If you are a Marvel collector, and you are a hulk fan, then this is pretty much a piece you will probably consider a must have.

Let us know what you decide!

Well, after listening to what everyone had to say, I went ahead and bought my 4th and by far best PF today. The Hulk truely is an incredible piece in person.

Congratulations on your purchase. Honestly, I looked at pictures of the Hulk PF for quite some time, thinking it was okay but not a huge deal. I was able to get both of them for good prices, mind you that was two to three years ago, so I figured I would just sell them if I wasn't overly impressed. Once I had them in person, though, they were two of the best statues I have ever had. Aside from what I think is a great sculpt, the sheer mass makes him a real presence in any collection. As stated early, it is one of the true "must haves" in any Marvel collection.

Well, after listening to what everyone had to say, I went ahead and bought my 4th and by far best PF today. The Hulk truely is an incredible piece in person.

Congrats! The Hulk PF will always be my fave. :rock

Congrats! Glad you liked it too! What are your other three PFs?

Thanks guys,

my other 3 are the captain america(ex), thor and the thing.

I think I have all the PFs that had previously come out, before I got into the hobby, that I want in my collection. (well maybe I will add the regular spidey and grey hulk if I find them for the right price)

Now I can focus on new pieces that come out and pay retail range. Hopefully we'll get yellow Daredevil, wolverine, and some spidey villians from Sideshow soon.

Congratulations on your purchase. Honestly, I looked at pictures of the Hulk PF for quite some time, thinking it was okay but not a huge deal. I was able to get both of them for good prices, mind you that was two to three years ago, so I figured I would just sell them if I wasn't overly impressed. Once I had them in person, though, they were two of the best statues I have ever had. Aside from what I think is a great sculpt, the sheer mass makes him a real presence in any collection. As stated early, it is one of the true "must haves" in any Marvel collection.

You are very right. The immense size of such a beautifully sculpted piece really makes it dynamic.

Everyone here has given you great advice. IMO the quotes above sum it up.

Just a little add on ... I have both the green and gray. At one time I had two of each as I ended up buying two more with Stan Lee's signature on them, and a pic of him signing them. I recently sold the gray one to a forum member. He bought it because he sold his first gray one for money which he needed at the time.

After he bought it from me, he said that he will never sell it again. It is there to stay in his collection.

The combination of the following: a) Done by Sideshow in 1/4 scale, b) sculpted by Andy, and c) it is classic representation of the hulk: pretty much insures that the value of both of these hulks will hover around the price range you see today or more.

If you are a Marvel collector, and you are a hulk fan, then this is pretty much a piece you will probably consider a must have.

Let us know what you decide!

:lecture:lecture:clap

No statue ever created by man comes close to this Masterpiece.

00016.jpg

IMO the hulk Pf is one of the greatest Pfs Sideshow has ever produced. One of my most favorite pieces....plus it doubles as a huge weapon in case someone breaks into my house....:lol

Thanks guys,

my other 3 are the captain america(ex), thor and the thing.

I think I have all the PFs that had previously come out, before I got into the hobby, that I want in my collection. (well maybe I will add the regular spidey and grey hulk if I find them for the right price)

Now I can focus on new pieces that come out and pay retail range. Hopefully we'll get yellow Daredevil, wolverine, and some spidey villians from Sideshow soon.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

I just tonight scored a green one on here (thanks Karma) and I don't care about value.

I'm just glad to finally get one :joy

You guys remember that day I bet, well I'll have it one day next week :chew

I just tonight scored a green one on here (thanks Karma) and I don't care about value.

I'm just glad to finally get one :joy

You guys remember that day I bet, well I'll have it one day next week :chew

Congrats. Wait till you have that puppy in hand. I havent been able to stop looking at it since I got it home yesterday.

the price will drop. now collectors have choice of spending the money on a pf or comiquette . some like myself purchased the pf only cause a comiquette wasnt out there.
other just wont pay $800 for a hulk pf when a comiquette might be $400 cheaper when its released.

i've sold both my grey and green hulks and cant wait for the comiquette.

Back