Will Hot Toys ever make General Grievous?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, Obi-Wan does step back with concerned once Grievous starts spinning those blades... but I get you're point, and yes he spends too much time running away.

But I always chalked Grievous up to one of those type villains, much like Hux. You can't have every villain be as cool as Vader, or no one would be cool.

Sure, but then Grievous loses 2 hands in like 5 seconds and runs away.

Grievous can never be as cool as Vader, but he doesn't have to be, he can be something else. He was that something else in the Micro-Series. The real problem isn't Grievous, it's the fact Lucas never made the heroes afraid of him, they were never in danger of him hurting them, or even intimidating. Obi-Wan was smug and invincible, which is a major gripe I have with the entire PT. IF Grievous had done some damage to Obi-Wan, if he had him on the ropes, if he had taunted and attacked Obi-Wan and THEN Obi-Wan gets the upper hand and wins in the end, Grievous would have been a much more satisfying villain. Such as it is, he ran away a lot and then died without protest, so he'll never be a great film villain and no one outside SW fans will ever know him.

Grievous isn't a Hux, a talking head type villain, he's an action villain. He needed to do threatening, violent, bad guy things to the heroes, but all he ended up doing was cough a bit, run away and then die.

I would still buy him though, lol.

Last edited:
Given HT is now pushing into the Clone Wars line I think either a CW variant or Ep III Grievous is inevitable. I'd expect a lot of die cast and therefore a price tag of at least $500 unfortunately.

Given HT is now pushing into the Clone Wars line I think either a CW variant or Ep III Grievous is inevitable. I'd expect a lot of die cast and therefore a price tag of at least $500 unfortunately.

I agree, only a matter of time. He?s the only villain from the prequels left to do

Also TL;DR , in Grievous? case, that duel, it was what it was but I like to view him more capable than that, or more a kin to the CW(even though he ran there too lol) like when he wiped out the Nightsisters. The way that chick talks about him in Fallen Order [emoji1419]

I agree, only a matter of time. He?s the only villain from the prequels left to do

Also TL;DR , in Grievous? case, that duel, it was what it was but I like to view him more capable than that, or more a kin to the CW(even though he ran there too lol) like when he wiped out the Nightsisters. The way that chick talks about him in Fallen Order [emoji1419]

Only Villain left to do?

kCWgZ28.png

Also, Senate Palpatine DX with Chancellor and Sidious heads along with the robes.

Also, Senate Palpatine DX with Chancellor and Sidious heads along with the robes.

Ouch whilst that sounds amazing a release like that is really gonna hurt my wallet. I intend to display the Chancellor with Mace and of course Sidious with Yoda so for me separate releases would work out cheaper but can understand why other collectors would prefer a combined release.

I believe Chancellor Palpatine would like to have a word with you :wink1:

ROTS Darth Sidious would be easily a Con exclusive choice for them, tweak the yellow Sith eyes to become more visible, a dyed red robe and a light saber > profit.

Given the number of PT figs HT has announced/done now you'd think Grievous would be 100% certainty - but with HT you never know.

Lol I said it confidently too [emoji28][emoji85]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just think of all that time and effort that went into developing a STAP that could have gone toward a Grievous.:lol

Sadly, no. But I bet the prototype is in the making. We have a bunch of Maul figures and a Dooku. How could they not then create one of the most popular prequel villains? And when they’re at it, create a SDCC exclusive with flamed up body.

Back