Will Hot Toys ever make General Grievous?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not getting into an age old argument defending a Star Wars film. I love them all. Except TLJ.

The Last Jedi makes every single Star Wars movie look like an Academy Award winning masterpiece. Who would have thought that such an abomination could make even the prequels unbelievable watchable... at least they had stories that unfolded (reasonably) logically, and actually went somewhere.

Thanks Ruin Johnson - you've made me appreciate Star Wars in a whole new light. :yess:

Last edited:
The Last Jedi makes every single Star Wars movie look like an Academy Award winning masterpiece. Who would have thought that such an abomination could make even the prequels unbelievable watchable... at least they had stories that unfolded (reasonably) logically, and actually went somewhere.

Thanks Ruin Johnson - you've made me appreciate Star Wars in a whole new light. :yess:

Wait til the Rian Johnson trilogy comes out. Those will set new lows.

Let me revive a dead thread!

Been looking for a Sideshow Grievous lately, but it?s very expensive these days. So I watched the ?inside Hot Toys? video again. Saw a bunch of nice things, one if them being a General Grievous. It?s probably Sideshow?s version but still, could mean they at least have the character as a ?maybe?.

What do you think? Could be a ?beacon of hope?(lol) or just one of many figures they have on display?

Attachments

• A0C07F33-D067-452C-A120-B4F47B570B99.jpeg
    A0C07F33-D067-452C-A120-B4F47B570B99.jpeg
    20.8 KB · Views: 210
They can easily do it. But it will be quite expensive, so they may hold back... or we'll see a prototype at next SDCC that takes years to get a PO.

I'd say since its a robot it has a better chance than most, but then I remember no C-3PO.

They can easily do it. But it will be quite expensive, so they may hold back... or we'll see a prototype at next SDCC that takes years to get a PO.

I'd say since its a robot it has a better chance than most, but then I remember no C-3PO.

Yeah... I miss that ANH C-3PO from HT.... I do not understand the way they release their figures. It?s like Howard is watching the prequels and then ?dam son, need that Cody and Maul? without thinking of all the teased and unreleased OT figures :( Death trooper, Sandtrooper, C-3po(not OT but still), Bespin Han, Bespin Chewbacca, gonk droid and many many more.

Wonder how they research and decide what figure will be most in demand and profitable? I mean, they still have a bunch of unsold ST figures left...

Skickat fr?n min iPhone med Tapatalk

I really hope they will have a reveal with a mace figure at some point soon. I would probably buy sideshows version if they put him up again. I hope HT makes him more sturdy then sideshow did tho.

Let me revive a dead thread!

Been looking for a Sideshow Grievous lately, but it?s very expensive these days. So I watched the ?inside Hot Toys? video again. Saw a bunch of nice things, one if them being a General Grievous. It?s probably Sideshow?s version but still, could mean they at least have the character as a ?maybe?.

What do you think? Could be a ?beacon of hope?(lol) or just one of many figures they have on display?

Its safe to assume at this point every SW prototypes of many characters from different films were sitting in Howard Chan's private collection room.

It was amazing that Sideshow was able to do a Grievous in the first place, but I have to say, Hot Toys would do it better. All the Terminators and Iron Men are a testament to their strength with robotic characters. They would certainly fix the eyesore of the ankle balljoint on the SSC figure, something that still bothers me all this time later.

I could see Grievous being a DX with interchangeable battle damaged armour pieces

I want this more than most 1/6th figures. I passed on the sideshow version thinking HT would be doing it sooner than later... Still waiting. :impatient:

I despised this useless waste of screentime character but it does seem like he'd be right up Hot Toys' street from a design standpoint.

Sorry, but movie Grievous did a lot more cool stuff than movie Boba Fett.

You think Grievous is a choad, at least he didn't scream like a girl when his jetpack malfunctioned.

Back