Will Hot Toys ever lose their value?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unpredictable. The HT AVP figures looks like turd compared to the newer Pred sculpts but they still fetch wads of cash. I suppose some people can look past its ugliness and accept them for who they are.

Unpredictable. The HT AVP figures looks like turd compared to the newer Pred sculpts but they still fetch wads of cash. I suppose some people can look past its ugliness and accept them for who they are.

apparently, the market says they are highly sought after in comparison to some of the other releases :dunno

Two Face
V1 Joker
Captain Feng
Silk Spectre
Comedian
The Spirit
Thriller Michael Jackson

I think these will:
Dastan
Perseus
Kevin and Sam Flynn

You guys really think you can buy a Hot Toys Battumbler for $50? The Celtic Predator, if you can find one will cost you between $800 and a $1,000. You think the Terminator T 800 is going to cost $10 in a couple of years? Explain to me why are Transformers G1 orginal box or open are pushing pass the $500 and over mark. Why are the Godaikins japanese robot toys Volts V regularly sells for over $2,000. I used to have Godaikins as a child. The other Godaikins robot figures sells between $600 and $2,000. Plus the Godaikins are from the late 70's, early 80's.

Last edited:
Two Face
V1 Joker
Captain Feng
Silk Spectre
Comedian
The Spirit
Thriller Michael Jackson

I think these will:
Dastan
Perseus
Kevin and Sam Flynn

Are you kidding me. :rotfl Nobody cares about these figures well the exception of Michael Jackson Thrillerand Joker/ Those figures should of never been made. Perseus :pfft: :lol ha ha ha Why Hot Toys?:lol

You guys really think you can buy a Hot Toys Battumbler for $50? he Celtic Predator if you can find one will cost you between $800 and a $1,000. You think the Terminator T 800 is going to cost $10 in a couple of years? Explain to me why are Transformers G1 orginal box or open are pushing pass the $500 and over mark. Why are the Godaikins japanese toys from the 80's Volts V is regularly sells for over $2,000. I used to collect the Godaikins myself. The other Godaikins robot figures sells between $600 and $2,000. Plus the Godaikins are from the late 70's, early 80's.

Cause those TransFormers, GIJoes and He-Man are nostalgic to peoples childhoods. They opened the boxes and trashed them, played with the toys, broke them, blew em up. Now days stuff is kept prestine.

And people aren't saying you will get a Tumber for $50 and T800s for 10, but the prices on stuff will come down.

Are you kidding me. :rotfl Nobody cares about these figures well the exception of Michael Jackson Thrillerand Joker/ Those figures should of never been made. Perseus :pfft: :lol ha ha ha Why Hot Toys?:lol

That's why they drop in value.

Explain to me why are Transformers G1 orginal box or open are pushing pass the $500 and over mark.

I'm no expert on such things, I'm just a bum here, but Transformers and things like that are valuable today perhaps because no one at the time, or extremely few, viewed/archived them as collectible. This is very different than with HT, where they already have them at a high price, they're already marketed as 'collectibles' and 'limited edition,' and virtually every buyer is holding on to the box and keeping their figures in mint condition.

The well known situation with comics is a nice example of what you may see with a lot of 'collectibles' made today. Certain early comics sell for in the hundreds of thousands today. From the day that this began, people started caring for their comics and giving great concern for them with the thought they too may one day be worth millions. However, most comics from that point on are worth crap all because now everyone is treating them with gloves, there's pristine copies abound. The sole reason certain older comics are worth so much is not simply because they're old but because they're scarce. They had print runs in the millions but people treated them as throwaway as newspapers and so to find an intact and pristine copy today is very rare.

The same thing I'd wager is a big part of why Transformers are worth money. No one at the time looked at them as valuable and so the vast majority were given to kids, the boxes thrown away, the toys smashed up, the stickers torn off, etc, etc.

I'm no expert on such things, I'm just a bum here, but Transformers and things like that are valuable today perhaps because no one at the time, or extremely few, viewed/archived them as collectible. This is very different than with HT, where they already have them at a high price, they're already marketed as 'collectibles' and 'limited edition,' and virtually every buyer is holding on to the box and keeping their figures in mint condition.

The well known situation with comics is a nice example of what you may see with a lot of 'collectibles' made today. Certain early comics sell for in the hundreds of thousands today. From the day that this began, people started caring for their comics and giving great concern for them with the thought they too may one day be worth millions. However, most comics from that point on are worth crap all because now everyone is treating them with gloves, there's pristine copies abound. The sole reason certain older comics are worth so much is not simply because they're old but because they're scarce. They had print runs in the millions but people treated them as throwaway as newspapers and so to find an intact and pristine copy today is very rare.

The same thing I'd wager is a big part of why Transformers are worth money. No one at the time looked at them as valuable and so the vast majority were given to kids, the boxes thrown away, the toys smashed up, the stickers torn off, etc, etc.

Exactly, so why dont the rest of you start to play with your figures :p

This discussion has become silly.

silly-walk.gif

Cause those TransFormers, GIJoes and He-Man are nostalgic to peoples childhoods. They opened the boxes and trashed them, played with the toys, broke them, blew em up. Now days stuff is kept prestine.

And people aren't saying you will get a Tumber for $50 and T800s for 10, but the prices on stuff will come down.

That's why they drop in value.

Hey man, guess what man, Batman, Terminator, Predator, Iron Man are nostalgic to peoples childhood too. :wink1:

Hey my fellow collectors, in 20 years I want everybody to sell me their whole collection of figures and statues for $80 bucks.

Back