Will Hot Toys do Prequel figures? Would you buy them?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a tough subject for me because I love characters from the prequals....Obi, Anakin, and clones. Maul of course. But if they ever got around to them they'd probably start at $250 maybe??? like Suicide Squad figures costs.

If it was the perfect Maul, probably...I might also get some headsculpts loose and try to use them on my existing SSC Obi and Anakin and Cody.

But won't be able to afford replacing all my clone commanders.

Admittedly Sidious in red would be tough to pass up. I'm begging for any Emperor figure really.

I forgot about Asajj Ventress, I'd buy her too in her post Dooku apprenticeship outfit.

I would be in for a few. First and foremost though would have to be Qui Gon Jin.

There are so many good designs, that costume book is awesome. I have too many figures as it is and too many already on pre-order but I would not pass up a Darth Tyranus without a doubt. I have quite a few of SS old efforts, some are really good (Plo Kloon, Palpatine/Sidious 2 pack, Grievous, battle droids), some are ok (old Maul, Jango, Yoda, Clones) and some are just terrible (Asajj and all of the human Jedi's).

I would have a hard time passing up Luminari, Shaak Ti, Bariss Offee, and Aayla Secura.. maybe even Ashoka. Basically Alien Women Jedi.

I bought a lot of the sideshow prequels figures. Now I may have to get rid of them, just no room anymore, buying to much crap:lol

Definitely not, in my case. I'm all about character and being a fan of the fiction first and foremost, and I don't think the prequels were good films.

Definitely not, in my case. I'm all about character and being a fan of the fiction first and foremost, and I don't think the prequels were good films.

You are 100% correct in that they are not good films, however there WERE good characters and some good moments/scenes. Regardless of the execution, some of the design work and especially costume and character creation were top notch but I understand not wanting to collect them... they take up too much room and there is just so much on the horizon.

I do have to say I fear some crazy price increases may be in the future though (at least in the US) if there are problems with China trade deals due to the new Pres so price would make a huge impact on how much of this I would actually buy if they did make them.

I am dying for a Revenge of the Sith Anakin. I would love a Qui Gon. A good Maul and Dooku would be awesome.

I do have to say I fear some crazy price increases may be in the future though (at least in the US) if there are problems with China trade deals due to the new Pres so price would make a huge impact on how much of this I would actually buy if they did make them.

I think part of the problem for US buyers is that Sideshow is the only distributor, so they can jack up the price as much as they want. I think they charge me $20 to ship one regular doll now. Take a look at the figures that Sideshow makes themselves, xwing luke, snow speeder luke, it's price gouging. 10 years ago, it was different, the cost of a 1/6 sideshow figure was $50 -60, when Hasbro was charging $20 - 25 for an inferior product (usually). Now it's pretty crazy what sideshow charges us. So with sideshow as the US distributor, we really only have the option to get product from a third party seller who can get it from china, but they also have to make money, plus fees for shipping.

It would be nice if HT did dip their foot into the PT pool of characters, even if it's just one or two a year. Big guns like Anakin and Obi-Wan deserve the HT treatment. The old SS ones just don't hold up anymore, though the new Maul is pretty awesome.

I would definitely buy PT characters, starting with ROTS Anakin and Obi Wan.
Sideshow's latest Maul is good enough for me, though.

You are 100% correct in that they are not good films, however there WERE good characters and some good moments/scenes. Regardless of the execution, some of the design work and especially costume and character creation were top notch but I understand not wanting to collect them... they take up too much room and there is just so much on the horizon.

See, the thing is, for me, the characters were part of the reason that I don't consider the films good. The characters weren't likable and/or engaging in the slightest. And that's detrimental to me deciding on whether or not to spend $200+ on figures. Designs and costumes and all that are nice, but ultimately secondary. I can appreciate and love an awesome looking design but I'll only own it on my shelf if I first and foremost love the character it represents.

I think HT could take care of the PT with 10-15 figures. Anakin II, III (jedi & sith), Obi-Wan I, II, III, Qui-Gon, Mace, Dooku, Yoda, Queen Amidala, Geonosis Amidala, Jango, Chancellor Palpatine, Senate Guard. Aayla Secura. One thing I wouldn't want is a line of clonetroopers. Already spent enough on SS. And while I'm sure those could be improved it would really be yet another cash grab.

I think HT could take care of the PT with 10-15 figures. Anakin II, III (jedi & sith), Obi-Wan I, II, III, Qui-Gon, Mace, Dooku, Yoda, Queen Amidala, Geonosis Amidala, Jango, Chancellor Palpatine, Senate Guard. Aayla Secura. One thing I wouldn't want is a line of clonetroopers. Already spent enough on SS. And while I'm sure those could be improved it would really be yet another cash grab.

It's true the clones are a cash grab, but due to the intensely easy production HT makes a lot of money back on those. That money allows for more projects, and more risks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

A Queen Amidala, especially the red one that lights up around the hem would make a pretty spectacular looking piece in the collection. Not sure I'd want a senate guard, but I think the rest on your would be fair game for HT. And yeah I agree with you, no clones.

SAVAGE OPRESS, Limited edition run. Don't care who makes it. Just make it, so I don't have to.

Back