Will Frodo be up for order tonight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The likeness really improves with the close up photos. I think it makes a nice contrast to Lurtz.

I agree, looks too odd. And too much money, ebay or a dealer is the way to go, if you even want this. The thing is looking at it I'm not impressed and to dump $200 into this and have that reaction from me or other people viewing it, its sad. They should of never brought the line back. If anything give us the figures we didn't get from WETA.

I think the likeness is top notch. :cool:
The only thing throwing me off is the eyes in the third photo where Frodo is looking directly at you. One eye, the left, is looking directly at you. The right eye is looking up. If you cover half the face and look at the eye, you'll see what I mean.

I'm not that much of a Frodo fan that I would spend the money on this figure though. More bad guys please!

I agree that the face is off, but overall i still like the statue. I will definitely be getting it from a retailer or ebay though.

I still can't see dropping $250 on a figure that is about 11" tall:horror . The base is 3" and that's the only reason this thing is 14" tall. Cut the price by about 40% and it might be worth it. Of course there's no way they can do this now that it's up for sale.:banghead

Does anyone know any other good retailers?

I've ordered this direct from Sideshow. I like this piece overall and i like what they did with the base and i like the nameplates on these. The feet look better, the cloths look good and the sword is very detailed. It would have been nice to have an exclusive with the Sting in blue but alas thats not going to happen. It is a pity about the likeness but it wouldn't stop me from buying it as i plan on buying the entire line if possible. I hope we get the fellowship first before we start getting any of the other characters. I am looking forward to the Witchking in Trueform. This should be great.

I like the nameplates myself. Now, I'm not a huge nameplate fan but the way they are doing them on these is "classy" in a way. I guess I like the feel it adds to the piece.

Back