Will Episode VII speed up Sideshow's release of core characters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a logical conclusion.

FACT: HT can only produce SW figures if SSC say so.
FACT: HT Luke has received very positive reviews and is of superior quality to SSC's current offerings.
FACT: it's been 20 months since HT Luke was announced and there has been no hint of an announcement of any other HT Star Wars figures.
HT's also had their hands pretty full with The Avengers, Iron Man and the Dark Knight, though. Even with those you can't really say they've been striking while the iron's hot... Avengers Mark VII has yet to come out and IM3 figures will probably be out a year after the movie closes. They may have just put dependable ol' Star Wars on the shelf, for now. Still hopin' against hope that they get Medi's Asia license. That would definitely shake things up.

Although I don't like all those choices in the original post, lol @ the only one needing to be made being Jango. :rotfl

HT's also had their hands pretty full with The Avengers, Iron Man and the Dark Knight, though. Even with those you can't really say they've been striking while the iron's hot... Avengers Mark VII has yet to come out and IM3 figures will probably be out a year after the movie closes. They may have just put dependable ol' Star Wars on the shelf, for now. Still hopin' against hope that they get Medi's Asia license. That would definitely shake things up.

Is Medi's Liscence up for review? HT getting that would be awesome. That way they won't have to bend over for SSC.

I just hope JJ doesnt **** the franchise up. We dont need hard comedy, the OT had soft comedy. No potty humor like Jar Jar.
Less CGI, more props, sets, models, . Hell, use the technics from OT!!! Knock it out the park old school style.

Well, Moon pretty much did that with awesome old school miniatures and a character driven story, and it went completely under the radar. I always wonder where this Hollywood propaganda of "CGI looks so lifelike and photorealistic!" comes from. Every movie I see now feels like a Pixar film with real actors spliced in. RIP Stan Winston, you're in a much more imaginative place :wink1:

Well, Moon pretty much did that with awesome old school miniatures and a character driven story, and it went completely under the radar. I always wonder where this Hollywood propaganda of "CGI looks so lifelike and photorealistic!" comes from. Every movie I see now feels like a Pixar film with real actors spliced in. RIP Stan Winston, you're in a much more imaginative place :wink1:

Prometheus proved you can make a beautiful movie without all the cgi. Story aside, most people that didn't like it seem to at least acknowledge the visuals. It did alot better visually than alot of cgi fests that cost twice as much.

There is an astonishing amount of very expensive CG in Prometheus.
But it's used properly and is sophisticated for the most part.

Prometheus proved you can make a beautiful movie without all the cgi. Story aside, most people that didn't like it seem to at least acknowledge the visuals. It did alot better visually than alot of cgi fests that cost twice as much.

Yea ill agree Prometheus did look beautiful. I know Ridley Scott was very impressed when he saw Moon, then hearing the early reports of the enormous sets for Prometheus really had me excited. Just made the letdown even worse :wink1: But yes, i totally agree that at least someone knew what they were doing with the visual fx.

Last edited:
Just a logical conclusion.

FACT: HT can only produce SW figures if SSC say so.
FACT: HT Luke has received very positive reviews and is of superior quality to SSC's current offerings.
FACT: it's been 20 months since HT Luke was announced and there has been no hint of an announcement of any other HT Star Wars figures.

See the thread on the announcement of Anakin from EP3 who is coming in 2013 from HT. Solo in 2014!

I'll believe it when i see it. For now, i'll settle for a SDCC preview and a fall/winter 2014 release for Anakin. Han won't probably be around before end of 2015.

Back