Will Episode VII speed up Sideshow's release of core characters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just hope JJ doesnt **** the franchise up. We dont need hard comedy, the OT had soft comedy. No potty humor like Jar Jar.
Less CGI, more props, sets, models, . Hell, use the technics from OT!!! Knock it out the park old school style.

I am excited for new characters. Darth Maul was a awesome concept to me. Other than he did in Eps 1, where he should have died later on in 3 by Anakin. Solitifying his finaly journey to the darkside.

AOTC is possibly the movie that makes me more angry than any other, a sad, messy waste of time. I am a life long SW fan, and I was privileged to attend the world premiere with many of the stars and Uncle George in attendance. There was an introduction, which made me excited, then I endured the movie and sat through half the Q & A afterwards..?

I had to leave half way through it because I was so angry at the mess of a movie I had just watched that I wanted to shout at someone... Those who choose this movie over TPM are just misguided, I've never made it through the DVD since... Can you tell I'm still angry, I mean, wtf was George thinking... To think he dared reference Kurosowa...

What am I saying here, well, for me there isn't a character in the second movie I would be interested in...Jango was the biggest waste of character development George has committed to date... But we all know AOTC is no TESB... Sad, sad, sad. Just my opinion I know, but sadly I also know I'm right!

Why would Sideshow up their production of PT and OT figures just because Hot Toys will be making figures for the new movies?

Hot Toys making their psuedo Joes hasn't made Sideshow speed up. :lol

If anything, SSC will just focus more on the new movie. I doubt it will make them press for older stuff, as I'm sure they'll be taking new marching orders from Disney.

Star Wars always sells, so if they release PT Padme now or later, it'll still move.

The only thing that SSC should worry about is competing with HT.

Can't wait for a fat leia figure

:exactly::yess::hi5::clap:rotfl:rotfl

Add to that Luke and a crystal skull Han Solo. I have high hopes and will be optimistic. I just hope it is not another Indy 4.

I do not think sideshow will speed up production on any prequel stuff. Maybe bring out OT stuff like Luke Leia and Han closer to 2015. That would make sense to me.

The list isn't the point of the OP. It was simply an example.

:exactly::cuckoo:

That OP list sucks.

I don't want to collect these like they're Hasbro figures. I just want core characters done well.

Zam Wessel? :slap
Well, in fairness, sounds like Smudger9 was just throwing out some names and a lot of people are missing the point, which is will the upcoming movies cause Sideshow to release core characters (however you define them) any faster? My guess is that it won't make any difference.

:exactly::cuckoo:

That OP list sucks.

I don't want to collect these like they're Hasbro figures. I just want core characters done well.

Zam Wessel? :slap

Actually I'm going to disagree with you here.
They might not be the most desired list for everyone but it certainly doesn't suck.
I see a list of ten unique characters rather than more clone variations and do we honestly need another 10 more Han Solo's releases?
I would like to see a AOTC Anakin release before i see another Han Solo.

If anything, SSC will just focus more on the new movie. I doubt it will make them press for older stuff, as I'm sure they'll be taking new marching orders from Disney.

Star Wars always sells, so if they release PT Padme now or later, it'll still move.

The only thing that SSC should worry about is competing with HT.

SSC aren't competing with HT. HT make a figure if SSC let them, and it appears that after the success of Bespin Luke, SSC have told HT they can't make any more.

AOTC is possibly the movie that makes me more angry than any other, a sad, messy waste of time. I am a life long SW fan, and I was privileged to attend the world premiere with many of the stars and Uncle George in attendance. There was an introduction, which made me excited, then I endured the movie and sat through half the Q & A afterwards..?

I had to leave half way through it because I was so angry at the mess of a movie I had just watched that I wanted to shout at someone... Those who choose this movie over TPM are just misguided, I've never made it through the DVD since... Can you tell I'm still angry, I mean, wtf was George thinking... To think he dared reference Kurosowa...

What am I saying here, well, for me there isn't a character in the second movie I would be interested in...Jango was the biggest waste of character development George has committed to date... But we all know AOTC is no TESB... Sad, sad, sad. Just my opinion I know, but sadly I also know I'm right!

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

Before the announcement of Episode VII the live action series had been shelved indefinitely, and apart from the clone wars series, which had about 3 series left, there were no mainstream Star Wars projects on the horizon. It made sense for Sideshow to spread out the release of popular characters to prolonge the life of the line.

However, now that we have at least 3 more films that will run from 2015 to 2021 and beyond, there are going to be hundreds of potential new characters coming, as well as a whole new batch of collectors.

To me it makes sense to bring forward the core characters, particularly those that will definitely not be appearing in the ST, in order to clear space for ST 1/6 figures.

I'm looking particularly at
TPM Padme
Jar Jar
Nute Gunray
AOTC Anakin
Jango
Dooku
Zam Wessel
AOTC Padme
Grievous
Tarkin

Hooray to the list. I would buy everything here.:clap

My concern is when the new movies and TV series are out, naturally SSC would shift their attendion to the new shows. That would leave lesser chance of secondary characters like Watto, Selbuba or even Ackbar to be made.

Yeah I must have missed your point, I still don't get it. I see nearly $1500 worth of figures that I'd never buy. Except for Jango.

The discussion point was whether SS will alter their release schedule in light of Episode VII. The list I gave are figures I think they may bring forward.

SSC aren't competing with HT. HT make a figure if SSC let them, and it appears that after the success of Bespin Luke, SSC have told HT they can't make any more.

Wtf? Hot Toys were so damn good that SSC banned them from future Star Wars figures?? (Did you pull that out of your arse??)

Wtf? Hot Toys were so damn good that SSC banned them from future Star Wars figures?? (Did you pull that out of your arse??)

Just a logical conclusion.

FACT: HT can only produce SW figures if SSC say so.
FACT: HT Luke has received very positive reviews and is of superior quality to SSC's current offerings.
FACT: it's been 20 months since HT Luke was announced and there has been no hint of an announcement of any other HT Star Wars figures.

To each their own...I'm glad in your world, you're right..... :rotfl

AOTC is actually one of my favorites of the whole saga. Won't go into all the "why's" here...not the right thread.

As far as figures from it go, I hope that at the very least, Sideshow produces. Padme, Anakin, Dooku and Jango. Anything else would be a bonus...

Back