Why Sideshow should make a new body

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well here is a major issue with almost every single argument here, you all say this is better because... The question is what is most important. A lot of you say the the SS body is sturdier but it not as good as the HT or Medi. Hmmm so a weaker body is better? Ok lets say that HT and Medi are better for posing, but how can you say that they are truely better when you admit that a differnt aspect is better on SS body.

So be truely acurate you would need to break this down differnt aspects.
Posability , Durability, Size, Visualy. I think that should cover the major factors.

Mark, I think the major point of this argument is the ability for the figure's body to hold "lifelike" and "natural looking" poses. durability and weight, etc are all secondary.

I would like SS would offer a muscle body similar to HT's like they have with their Rambo and Rocky figures.

Even if it wasn't really muscular, but just a common physique. So you could cover the arms on figures like Sarah Connor, The Kurgan, and other figures with exposed limbs.

JustinLuck said:
Read post #37.
Umm what does that have to do with sturdyness or durability?

Ohh yeah I forgot the if it heavier its better.

nash said:
Mark, I think the major point of this argument is the ability for the figure's body to hold "lifelike" and "natural looking" poses. durability and weight, etc are all secondary.
See to me I could give a **** if it can look cool if its going to break, durability is probally the most important factor to me.

mfoga said:
See to me I could give a **** if it can look cool if its going to break, durability is probally the most important factor to me.

I hear Hasbro figures are pretty durable. why dont you go head first into those then? exactly

King Darkness said:
I would like SS would offer a muscle body similar to HT's like they have with their Rambo and Rocky figures.

Even if it wasn't really muscular, but just a common physique. So you could cover the arms on figures like Sarah Connor, The Kurgan, and other figures with exposed limbs.
Yeah, I ****ing hate exposed joints.

I admit that I didn't really elaborate on it. But when you hold a HT figure in hand, you can feel the difference in the plastic. When you touch a plastic, you can kind of tell its quality. The HT body feels very solid. The SS plastic has more of a hollow feeling to it. Maybe someone can describe it better. For those who don't own a HT body, it's worth picking one up just to see the difference.

King Darkness said:

I'm fairly certain HT has a patent on the muscular body, so it's unlikely we'll see anyone else give a similar figure with that quality, i've seen other unexposed joint bodies but they look like Gumby, not even human, so depending on the conditions of HT's patent, they kinda corner the market on that.

DSC00802_00.jpg

IMG_3004.jpg

I've heard too many horror stories involving the muscular bodies to be interested. I also hear they are limited articulation.

JustinLuck said:
I've heard too many horror stories involving the muscular bodies to be interested. I also hear they are limited articulation.

Don't know about the horror, I've had a Rambo for a year plus without problems, articulation is limited, but for a figure where body is an essential element to the look, like Rambo and Rocky, it's absolutely fantastic and the poses it can do work just fine for those characters.

Bannister said:
Yeah, I ****ing hate exposed joints.
Me too. I don't see why Sideshow don't retrograde back to lesser points of articulation when it comes to exposed joints. Less is best in those instances.

I don't like Medicoms exposed metal eyelet at the wrists, even for clothed figs, but what can you do? It's only a small thing, and on the whole all these bodies are made of hard plastic, so you are never going to get the flexibility and aesthetics of a real body, scaled down to 1/6. It's the nature of the beast, so we have to live with it. I'm just glad there are choices.

Hasbro. Do they use or do other companies buy a generic body for their products? They all seem to use the same body. Hard to remove big hands, making it hard to remove clothing. I guess for the market they sell to, it suits its purpose. They are for kids and kids don't discern as readily as adults. In our market copyright plays a part, and that restricts the higher end companies from making something similar, making it hard to incorporate the best of all worlds.

MaulFan said:
I'm fairly certain HT has a patent on the muscular body, so it's unlikely we'll see anyone else give a similar figure with that quality, i've seen other unexposed joint bodies but they look like Gumby, not even human, so depending on the conditions of HT's patent, they kinda corner the market on that.

I don't understand how HT could hold a patent on a rubber mold that goes over their standard 1:6 body.

Its like saying they hold a patent on the 1:6 body in general.

I don't see why SS cant produce a rubber flesh suite to go over their Art body. Jason has had one and so has the Creature.

No reason SS cant make one different enough from HT's.

mfoga said:
Anakin has a pose for you

DSC_7689.jpg

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Anakin has a broken arm for me as well.:lol(that needed to be super glued/lit with a lighter to plump it up so it can stick in/taped/whatever to get that arm to stay in)

Back