Why Sideshow should make a new body

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Typical Josh answer. avoiding the issue at hand.

You just said it's your perogative to like the SS bodies. so im telling you its justin or anyone elses perogative to not like them. It's a two way street superfan.

I wouldnt give you the pleasure of ignoring you. But you can ignore me, i wouldnt mind that one bit. :rotfl

i think all companies have their plus and minus, im actually starting to prefer sideshow and hot toys over medicom and others just because they are pretty sturdy, sure i love the posses you can achieve with medicom's and other companies but i dont like paying extra for a body that at times isnt as sturdy as the sideshow bodies. and i have 3 medis, two of which have cracked or broke during normal posing, medi wolvie just couldn't hold his arm up in victory with it some how coming off:monkey2 , and my medi snake has a factory exsistent crack in the hip so he doesnt really do much out of the box. ive never had that problem with ss, thats why im warming up to them.

I only see one problem with the current body and that's the leg/hip joint. It has more range than HT's, but doesn't look as good in tight clothes.

But the SSC body can do ANY pose that a medi, ht or dragon can.

nash said:
You just said it's your perogative to like the SS bodies. so im telling you its justin or anyone elses perogative to not like them. It's a two way street superfan.

I don't disagree. I didnt say it wasn't in my reply. You missed my point then in what I was saying.

nash said:
I wouldnt give you the pleasure of ignoring you. But you can ignore me, i wouldnt mind that one bit. :rotfl

You're really sad Chad. Really Sad :rolleyes:

i'm ok with people being neutral on the whole matter, but to outright say that a SSC body is AS good as hot toys AND medicom...with a straight face?? no effin way man. no way. uh uh. no way girlfriend (snaps fingers and shakes neck)

this is probably gonna be a ridiculous request, but there should be a picture pose off. kinda like zoolander's walk off...but with the SSC, hot toys, and medicom figures.

ground rules....there ARE no rules! hehe, just kidding.

i understand if the pose you're going for is standing...or holding a lightsaber and what have you...but c'mon. those that will take a bullet for the artbuck body...you can't be THAT blind and devoted to the company that you can't admit that the HT/medi bodies are better? i'm huge medi fan, but i'm gonna be honest and say that the HT body is sturdier. that said, i also think the SSC bodies are tougher than both HT and medi...but better? NO...sorry.

You'll always come off looking like a dip, nash, when you become provocative and derail a thread.

Back on topic. Why? Why should they? They have invested in the production and development of the bodies they employ, along with patents and copyrights etc. They have quite a range of different bodies, more than most other companies. They are bringing out changes and variations as they grow as a company. They do what they can, when they can. It would be the same if anyone of us decided to make figures. What's stopping you making your own company and making the body you want? Easier said than done.

creecher said:
What's stopping you making your own company and making the body you want? Easier said than done.
No SS must do this. :lol Seriously how can anyone say that this a cause for decreased sales , then to say it just one day after we nearly fired a server, its just plain laughable. The number of figures they put out and character choices would be a much better argument for that then the body.

mfoga said:
No SS must do this. :lol Seriously how can anyone say that this a cause for decreased sales , then to say it just one day after we nearly fired a server, its just plain laughable. The number of figures they put out and character choices would be a much better argument for that then the body.

Truer words where never spoken. :D

They need a new body cause the current one is pretty frikkin' ugly. The detracted from his holiness the KURGEN with those hideous joints! And what about Subway Spike in all of his punk glory?

creecher said:
What's stopping you making your own company and making the body you want? Easier said than done.

That makes no sense as an actual defense. I hate it when people use this when defending a company.

Someone can't complain because they aren't the head of a company in the collectibles business?

Coorectghosting said:
That makes no sense as an actual defense. I hate it when people use this when defending a company.

Someone can't complain because they aren't the head of a company in the collectibles business?

Didn't stop you complaining did it?

Go back and read the thread. I wasn't defending a company, but I am sick of whingers. Here, here's a hanky.

I always respect Dave's opinion on these forums, but I'm not sure if he owns a HT body.

One of the first things you notice when you pick up a HT body is that its heavier than a Sideshow body. And when you move the limbs, all the joints feel very tight and yet smooth. The knees, elbows, and ankles also don't have the rachet feel of the Sideshow ones. It's hard to describe in words, but the HT joints have a different 'texture'.

All of these qualities are realized when you go to stand a figure up on it's own. The HT body will easily stand on its own two feet. You usually don't even have to make adjustments. Thanks to the ankle joints, the feet will stand flat on the surface no matter the angle of the leg. This allows you to display a figure without its stand and you don't have to worry about it falling over with the slightest bump.

mfoga said:

Yesterday's popularity was due to a number of factors. First Sideshow can thank Trevor and the person who painted the sculpt for the incredible likeness. Alec Guinness Obi-wan is also one of the most recognizable characters in the SW story. The ES count for the exclusive was relatively low at 1977.

I pre-ordered this figure for the above reasons, but I have skipped out on the majority of figures that have been announced since the 2006 SDCC. A quality body that I didn't have to replace would sway me more.

A Sideshow body may be able to partially mimic a pose that an HT or Medi body can but it looks nowhere as lifelike. My Problem with the Sideshow body has always been it's lack of lifelike posture, I can get some good poses out of the SW 1/6 but that's mostly because the Jedi Cloaks hide a lot of the flaws. Even if it's sturdier than HT and Medicom bodies the Sideshow body is clearly not one of the better bodies out there in terms of engineering and can definetly benefit from a huge overhaul and revision.

JustinLuck said:
Yesterday's popularity was due to a number of factors. First Sideshow can thank Trevor and the person who painted the sculpt for the incredible likeness. Alec Guinness Obi-wan is also one of the most recognizable characters in the SW story. The ES count for the exclusive was relatively low at 1977.

Plus the fact there are lots of people who really want these figures. Where the body has no real impact on how the figure sells.

Back