Why Sideshow should make a new body

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do the necropost!
Meh, the new bodies are modular and scaleable, so they meet the criteria.
Lookin forward o the lady body when the time comes.
Here's hopeng sideshow makes SEVERAL different chest plates for the femme figs, beuase as we know, not all boobs are created equal......:monkey3

do the necropost!
Meh, the new bodies are modular and scaleable, so they meet the criteria.
Lookin forward o the lady body when the time comes.
Here's hopeng sideshow makes SEVERAL different chest plates for the femme figs, beuase as we know, not all boobs are created equal......:monkey3

That is true, not all girls can be as gifted as others.:monkey1:monkey5

The Prometheus and 'Hobbit' body are modular. Which means there will be different sizes.

Yes, but the big question is, when Sideshow gets around to making a new female body, will her boobs be modular? i think they should be, so we can have all the varying sizes of busts approprate for the femae in question. afterall, they already borrowed from volks once, right? why not again? :monkey1

What I want to know is when SS is going to release their next body. The armor and the regular one are great and all, but they are no longer new.

The Hot Toys female looks like a good base to work from. Although the arms are oddly thin.

review_htpl_6.jpg

Yes, but the big question is, when Sideshow gets around to making a new female body, will her boobs be modular? i think they should be, so we can have all the varying sizes of busts approprate for the femae in question. afterall, they already borrowed from volks once, right? why not again? :monkey1

If Triad Toys ever releases their Eva body, they will have the replaceable chest plates.

You can see the Hot Toys resemblance in that last pic. The arms are still too thin on the figure though, and the hips are either too slight or the waist doesn't narrow enough. It doesn't seem to be a case of what the consumer wants but rather whatever the powers that be, come up with, is what we're stuck with.

OK - Good job on pulling the thread back from the edge of depravity. That was a close call.

That being said...I think everyone knows the shortcomings of the Buck body. At one time...it may have been the bar. Now the bar is a long way above the buck body.

I believe I was one of the last holdouts supporting the Buck body. Now, I want a new one as well. BUT...the Maul/Spiderman comparison shot above really is not a good comparison. If you remove the costumes, you will find that the Buck body goeas a hell of a lot farther toward matching the Medicom and Hot Toys bodies' articulation. It is largely the boots and hand sculpt on Maul that cause the problems. Of course, there is also the issue of the head not being able to be tilted back far enough.

The big issue for the new bodies is the way they fill out a costume and the way they look on the figures that have to show a lot of the "skin". And the prometheus body makes a huge improvement in that area. But you all better keep in mind, that the rubber that some of you all are asking for is not very durable over the long haul. You WILL be sacrificing one aspect for another.

I have yet to see any of this rubber covering that lasts for any great length of time. I am still waiting to see how sorry I am going to be for buying HT Aliens figures as I have already seen issues with the rubber tearing on the aliens and the paint not holding up to the stretching of the rubber. Very few so far. Not enough to raise a red flag over, but the longest journey starts with a single step. I am curious to see if I have seen the first step to the failure of this rubber covering like what happened to ToyBiz with the Cave Trolls in their 6" LOTR line.

Back