Why People Don't Finish Video Games

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
could not finish final fantasy 13 on the xbox. the game was so repetitive and dull. i was on the final boss too, but i could not bring myself to waste time by doing the same thing over and over again to deplete 1,000,000,000 HP.

Yea that was one that I did not beat either. I played about half way through and got way too pissed off. Such an awesome concept but piss poor execution.

l had the same kind of problem with the first one, (never played the second). The first one l hated the main missions, they were hard and executed badly, so l didn't do them. l just ran around killling zombies, and of course got bored in no time.

l had the same kind of problem with the first one, (never played the second). The first one l hated the main missions, they were hard and executed badly, so l didn't do them. l just ran around killling zombies, and of course got bored in no time.

I can definitely understand that. I played the first one, I think I beat, mainly cause it was one of the best launch titles but it was pretty frustrating and had a lot of problems.

I played 4 ablut 3 times, got the Altair costume by completing the game with zero kills :hi5:

If it had trophies, i would've nailed it.

I played part 3 like about 3 times.. got everything stealth suit, infant ammo, all those frog thingies... had the best time playing that game..

There are a few reason I don't finish games.

1. I get stuck on a difficult mission (like a stupid driving one in GTA: Vice City) and after 20 times I give up. If they had a "skip mission" option I would have completed it.

2. I consider myself a so so gamer. When a game comes along with 30 different button combinations to learn I find that after not playing for a little while I figure I won't remember all the stuff so I stop playing completely.

3. Missions that are long or take a long time to get to them I really hate. I don't want to have to load up a game then drive 5 minutes to my next mission so I seem to lose interest in those (again mostly GTA related for me.)

And I figure once I beat the main story I have completed it. I finished Arkahm Asylum even though I didn't do all the Joker challenges or find all the trophies yet but to me its done and thats just extra fun stuff that I can skip if I want to.

There are a few reason I don't finish games.

1. I get stuck on a difficult mission (like a stupid driving one in GTA: Vice City) and after 20 times I give up. If they had a "skip mission" option I would have completed it.

You talking about this one? Yeah it's a pain in the ass.

[ame="https://youtu.be/ptNBCUVjBwo"]https://youtu.be/ptNBCUVjBwo[/ame]

I rarely finish games. Who has the time? It isn't "short attention span". There are just more important things to do -- and I'm not going to neglect my kids or something so I can sit in front of a video game until its over.

I play maybe 5-hours a month total. I can count on one-hand the number of games I buy the day they're released. I don't do multiplayer at all. Honestly, I'm still working on Arkham Asylum ... and am actually hoping to finish it (first game in a long time I've even thought about finishing) before Arkham City comes out.

With video games, I'm usually looking for one or two afternoons of entertainment a month. If I have a good time for a few hours, I really don't care if I finished it ... and, I paid for the game, so the developer shouldn't care either.

SnakeDoc

Well, sadly here are my currently owned, yet unfinished games for ps3:

Assassins Creed 2: Brotherhood
Burnout Paradise
Crysis 2
Dark Sector
DC Universe Online
Fear
Fear 2: Project Origin
Dirt 3
Dante's Inferno
Final Fantasy 13
Grand Theft Auto 4: The Complete Edition (0 out of 3 finished)
Heavenly Sword
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
Mass Effect 2
NBA 2K11
Prince of Persia HD Collection (0 out of 3 finished)
Prince of Persia
Prototype
Red Dead Redemption
Sonic The Hedgehog
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Time Crisis 4
Tomb Raider HD Collection (0 out of 3 finished)
UFC Undisputed 2009
Transformers: War for Cybertron

Currently rented games from gamefly unfinished
Catherine
L.A Noire
Portal 2

:dunno:ohbfrank::dunno:ohbfrank::thud:

I complete only a few of the games I play but I do get near the end... but I find it weird when people only play multiplayer and not the single player :huh

That's the way I roll, just mainly an online player when I do get in that mood to play video games.

I usually buy games that i like and pretty much always finish them if they are a style i like and are fun to play, not repetative.

Some noteworthy games-
Assasins creed series- finished all of them
Fable series - all finished
KOTOR series- all finished
Arkham A - finished cant wait for AC

Ihave got LA noir but found my interest failing in it which i was surprised by cause i thought it would be a game i would really get into

Ihave got LA noir but found my interest failing in it which i was surprised by cause i thought it would be a game i would really get into

Me too. It's currently in my PS3, but I"m only playing one case at a time because it seemingly slowed down a little bit.I should be done with it in a couple weeks just in time for the next batch of pre-orders to arrive.

Back