Why not a Buffy line?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SAY THAT AGAIN TO MY FACE...

I am reminded of a joke about shaving a dog and walking backwards, but I won't repeat it. Honestly, I thought that WAS your face. Sorry. :)

As`for SMG, she could team up with Rosie O'donnell and go on a a Disney road show. Hakuna matatta...

" I have zero interest in characters from the movie, except for whatever kitbash potential there would be in a Rutger Hauer headsculpt"

"Sideshow would be wasting it's own money if they tried selling this line because I doubt there would be many buyers out there to justify the time and money put into making figures that most likely would barely sell."

Like a 1/4 scale Napoleon that was too short? ;)

"Oh I'd buy them all - but, but I wouldn't be happy about it. Rutger Hauer and Paul Reubens would be great figures."

"The movie was substandard, poorly acted and poorly directed and, most important of all, bombed at the box office."

"Yeah but it didn't suck nearly as bad as that Van Helsing movie, and we got both 1/6, 1/4 figures, and statues from that one. I would pick up a Kristy Swanson, Donald Sutherland and Rutger Hauer 1/6 figure from the movie, but probably none of the others."

"The quickest way to bankcrupt Sideshow would be for them to make figures from that awful movie!"

Yeah, Van Helpmesleep was pretty bad. Probably one of the ten worst ever. I could see that from the concept drawings...but that is just me.

BTW, Citizen Kane Bombed too. SW Episode one didn't. Nice way to judge quality. ;) BTW, London after Midnight was considered an awful film.

So, I guess we ARE agreed. Dispite any disagreement over the film, there is a market for the figures.

Which returns us to the original question...

Last edited:
I thought I had read this once but can't remember for sure...was Kristy Swanson originally offered the role of Buffy for the TV series?

Eeesh! If that's true, thank God she didn't take it! Can you imagine...?

Nope, can't even go there. :sick

buffy

BTVS is my favorite TV show ever, thought the film was lame. I'd have no interest in figures from it but I would LOVE to see a 1/4th SMG Buffy!!!

Now, who want's 1/6th 'Citizen Kane' figures!!!! :hang

God the Buffy movie was HORRIBLE!! :flush

I think we have a better chance of seeing Bio Dome figures than Buffy movie figures. :p

So I take it by the tone of this crowd that I don't have a chance at getting any backing for a line of Megaforce figures? :wacky

Ironman1188 said:
So I take it by the tone of this crowd that I don't have a chance at getting any backing for a line of Megaforce figures? :wacky

lol... you know, I was thinking exactly the same... only about 'Hawk the Slayer' ;)

Nick

well, what about Leprechaun figures?

actually, Jennifer Anastin in jean shorts....okay, I'd buy at least one...geez I need help....

Cyborg II? hmm...Jolie and Palance...nevermind...I'm not good at this game...

bad movie figures

okay, okay...how about Brewster's Millions figures?

well, a John Candy for Space Balls custom woldn't be too bad.....dang, J

Hawk the Slayer, Spaceballs and Back to the Future all would yield interesting figures too.

BTW

Stephen Root was also in "O' Brother Where Art Thou?" :horror :joy

Last edited:
Back