New SS Buffy line ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fetunche

Super Freak
Reaction score
The Buffy the Vampire Slayer Premium Format Figures are incredible, but everyone wants to know if there are going to be any more major characters like Willow, Faith, Zander, Giles, etc. made for this line?

We do not plan to continue the Premium Format Buffy line, but we are currently in development on new Buffy products in another format. We hope to share more news with you soon!

Taken from Sideshow Answers !

Last edited:
So thats the final nail in the coffin for the PF line.

But then was already pretty sure that was the case. If nothing else it helps with forward planning.

I'm only interested in a couple of other PF's, so thats it for me and Buffy.

you just have to look at the traffic on that thread since the newsletter has come out:

15 views...:duh:lol

The Buffy the Vampire Slayer Premium Format Figures are incredible, but everyone wants to know if there are going to be any more major characters like Willow, Faith, Zander, Giles, etc. made for this line?

We do not plan to continue the Premium Format Buffy line, but we are currently in development on new Buffy products in another format. We hope to share more news with you soon!

Taken from Sideshow Answers !

This is very sad news indeed. :monkey2 I was really hoping to see more from this line, as I thought it had a lot of potential. I'm happy with the PFs that have been produced to date, but was wanting at least a few more. I guess that won't happen though.

Poor Shai. Still working through that fear of strong females.
You smash them, Shai. Smash them like Hulk. Buffy can't get you!:stake
:lol

I just wouldn't be interested in any other type of format.... I see whatever it is as going nowhere.

Well, the Buffy 1/6 line was one of SSC's most successful lines, at least in terms of number of figures. I think only Monty Python and Star Wars have been stronger. I'm disappointed that there won't be any more 1/6 or PFs, and that means whatever the new line is, it has to be fully sculpted, which is less appealing to me.

Unless it's prop replicas - but I don't see that happening.

So what could it be? Busts? Legendary scale busts? Dioramas? Now THAT I could get behind - a Vs. statue from Buffy could be extremely interesting.

Buffy Dio's!? YES PLEASE!!!! My first vote; Buffy vs Ubervamps from 'Chosen'. When she knocks them off the cliff edge. Awesome.

Buffy Dio's!? YES PLEASE!!!! My first vote; Buffy vs Ubervamps from 'Chosen'. When she knocks them off the cliff edge. Awesome.

Whoa, I never thought about dios. Now, that would be AWESOME! :rock

I would be all over that.

hmmm, didn't think of Buffy Dio's either. Has possibilities, but it's going to have to be something pretty darn good.

But even then, at the end of the day, what I wanted more then anything was a matching Faith and Willow PF. So with that now not happening, I suspect I will focus on items from other lines that I really want.

I'm just done with my Buffy collection at this point because I have all of the main characters in 1/6th. I would have liked a better Willow and Faith, but as far as the character selection....the only character missing that I would buy in a heartbeat is Jenny Calendar. That's it. I have all of the Scoobies, plus Giles, Faith, Dru, Spike and Angel. And i'm 100% satisfied with just having them.

Buffy dios would be awesome, but what I would really want is the 12 inch line to pick back up (I know, not likely)

I apologize for my ignorance/unfamiliarity in advance regarding the Buffy line.

I own the original 12" Buffy figure along with the Gentlemen figures set that came out . . . I can't remember. I own the Prom Night/Prophecy Buffy figure. That's about it when it comes to 12" Buffy figures in my collection from Sideshow.

Does Sideshow still have the license to produce 12" Buffy figures or did it expire and possibly available to picked up by another company that can possibly revive it/give it different spin than Sideshow?

I believe their is a new Buffy reboot/retcon film in the works?

Buffy dios would be awesome, but what I would really want is the 12 inch line to pick back up (I know, not likely)

I don't see why the 12 inch line can't come back...the comics sell well and pretty sure DVD's do too and besidethe did it before:D.
Oh god I forgot about the new Buffy reboot/retcon film I hope it doesn't have anything to do with that.

I don't see why the 12 inch line can't come back...the comics sell well and pretty sure DVD's do too and besidethe did it before:D.

I agree about the 12'' line. And the PF line is done. So IF that is the case, what else is left? I really think this could be a diorama line!!! Any thoughts?

Edit: Is SS just eluding to the fact that more Electric Tiki pieces are set to be released??? :confused:

Last edited:
Back