1/6 Why no love from Hot Toys for Rogue One, Cassian, Baze and Saw Gerrera ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Why no love for Hot Toys Krennic, Cassian and Baze ?

There's gotta be someone we could get to do a custom. I'm guessing the head sculpt would be the most difficult. Maybe it could be 3D printed ?

I don't mind the backpack that Benthic has with the round cylinders either.

View attachment 383625

View attachment 383624

This would make a fantastic figure.
I would find it hard to pass up most things from Rogue One. The only Star Wars film to properly take me back to my childhood.

Its crazy. If they put up any other RO rebel (where is Baze?) I would buy Chirrut right now. If they put up Krennic I would buy another Death trooper to go with the one I have. Why don't they see this?

I'd go for Galen too. Honestly I could live with Eleven's Hannibal sculpt. Maybe I'll work on that outfit if I ever get caught up on customs. :monkey3

Two-Tubes is a design so inspired it looks to be right out of ANH.

I liked that character too, but couldn't articulate why. You state his case perfectly. Just look how much better such an alien character is compared to CGI. I know CGI allows designers to move away from humanoid body sizes and types, but there's still a gap in how it feels.

Two-Tubes is a design so inspired it looks to be right out of ANH. As much as I'd love an HT Greedo or Sand Person or even Gamorrean Guard... if HT only did one human-sized alien, I'd vote for Edrio Two-Tubes.

Yup, in total agreement and a two tubes two pack would be fantastic.

I’m leading the train for Team Tam Posla. This guy is poised for his own comic series and novel.

675F0CB0-8CFF-4465-855B-514B78082013.jpg

It looks like the horizontal white bar in the middle of his face is a big dumb smile. What’s he from?

Two-tubes would be an instant buy-heck any more from RO would. Still annoyed Baze never appeared for a PO despite the figure appearing at conventions, in catalogs and images being teased all over the place.

At least Gentle Giant kept the flame late into this year (and I'd pick up an HT or Sideshow version of this in a heartbeat)...

ATTACH=CONFIG]383786[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• BISTAN 005.jpg
    BISTAN 005.jpg
    817.7 KB · Views: 215
Why no love for Hot Toys Krennic, Cassian and Baze ?

Yeah, I'd be up for Bistan for sure. That pic looks great ! Another character with not enough screen time.

Did he really have that much wax in his moustache and eyebrows though ?

For all those wanting a Edrio 2 Tubes. This guy has made a pretty impressive 1:1 cosplay costume.

Now to shrink it to 1/6 size :)

f5ad57690091623d6c31c03dba90fef7.jpg

I came across this on the Sideshow page. I don't know how old it is, however the wording is pretty clear. As it was still awaiting Disney approval, perhaps they decided to wait until TLJ/Solo were released before getting it approved and into finished production etc ??

Either way it could give a bit of hope for this guy or other Rogue One figures.

Baze.jpg

HTs should let SS make some aliens in RO. So many interesting designs and SS are pretty good with aliens figs.

HTs should let SS make some aliens in RO. So many interesting designs and SS are pretty good with aliens figs.

Agree. SS human head sculpts are what is lacking. Some of their earlier aliens were great, so assuming they still have the same artistic staff that can do 1/6 stuff they should do that. However it really seems they are moving more and more into the statue area of collectibles, and only distributor of 1/6 HT and others of course.

I'm the one who would like a version of Saw Gerrera??

I'm the one who would like a version of Saw Gerrera??

Nope not at all. Id love it if they made him. He would look epic on shelf. But a pretty complex/costly costume to make I guess just looking at him.

Seems like the fashion of Jehda is ultra detailed and very intricate. Look at Baze and Two-tubes - Moroff as well. All packing a ton of gear.

Figures i would buy from R1

Krennic

Two-Tubes

Would be ecstatic if HT made Two-Tubes.... wish someone would make a custom.

I would love a HT version also. To fill the alien void, I have been working with a 3D artist to make some of my characters possible.

If there is enough interest, I could talk to the artist about making a 1/6 scale Two-Tubes head. People could order directly from Shapeways. I have something that would work for the tubes, maybe hands, long coat, and of course as Wor-Gar said the breather... I would have to bash the rest.

Here are a few examples:
https://www.facebook.com/steven.str...27258127160.1073741840.100001897042048&type=3

https://www.facebook.com/steven.str...02094213013.1073741835.100001897042048&type=3

Last edited:

Figures i would buy from R1

Baze
Krennic
Bistan
Pao
Moroff
Two-Tubes
Bohdi
Cassian
Saw Guerra
Dirty Wobani Stormtrooper
Death Star Trooper
Royal Guards
Admiral Raddus
Shoretrooper Longskirt
1/6th Hammerhead Corvette (haha)

Possibly Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, and Galen Erso so get on it Hot Toys!

Yep, I would love the aliens. :D

I wonder if SS or HT would pay attention to a most wanted SW figures poll...

Yep, I would love the aliens. :D

I wonder if SS or HT would pay attention to a most wanted SW figures poll...

Yeah man so many great figures could be made from R1.

I dunno if they would pay attention to the poll but i would vote. My luck something from TLJ would win. haha Make a movie or trilogy specific poll that would be nice.

Hot Toys is probably starting to regret getting into the HP Protocol weeds with the Iron Man armors... I have a feeling we're not going to see many characters outside of male and female leads in other movies outside of the Avengers... even if Star Wars is technically the bigger franchise. As for this thread's inquiry and a Saw... yeah, it's way to much cost to put the R&D and production into a figure that wouldn't sell more than maybe a couple hundred and then perhaps sell-out once they get heavily discounted.

Back