1/6 Why no love from Hot Toys for Rogue One, Cassian, Baze and Saw Gerrera ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Why no love for Hot Toys Krennic, Cassian and Baze ?

Krennic (Director) is a doctor for all characters in TFA and TLJ. If HT is smart they will not make a single TLJ figure. RO is light speed ahead of TLJ. After 2 slept nights i am more angry about TLJ. Han Solo saved himself in TFA, and they ruined Luke here. Only im glad that i saw Yoda one of my favorite characters in SW.
My vote is for Krennic i liked him.

Krennic (Director) is a doctor for all characters in TFA and TLJ. If HT is smart they will not make a single TLJ figure. RO is light speed ahead of TLJ. After 2 slept nights i am more angry about TLJ. Han Solo saved himself in TFA, and they ruined Luke here. Only im glad that i saw Yoda one of my favorite characters in SW.
My vote is for Krennic i liked him.

They might make Stormtroopers from TLJ.

Considering the amount of TFA troopers still sitting around that retailers can't get rid of, I don't think there will be any stormtroopers made from TLJ.

They were hardly on screen in TLJ anyway.

No reason for HT to release new FO troopers indeed. Executioner was the only new design and they made sure to release it early 'cause they are not really adding much to the story.
Hopefully, troopers were visible enough in TLJ to help retailers sell remaining stock and clear space for new stuff.

No reason for HT to release new FO troopers indeed. Executioner was the only new design and they made sure to release it early 'cause they are not really adding much to the story.
Hopefully, troopers were visible enough in TLJ to help retailers sell remaining stock and clear space for new stuff.

You really think Hot Toys won't double dip with TLJ Stormies? They already have the mold with their Executioners, all they have to do is save themselves from using any black paint and voila, Ep. VIII Stormtroopers. I think it'll happen eventually, I have no doubts, myself.

Wouldn't they just rebox the unsold TFA troopers in a hope that'll shift them?

You really think Hot Toys won't double dip with TLJ Stormies? They already have the mold with their Executioners, all they have to do is save themselves from using any black paint and voila, Ep. VIII Stormtroopers. I think it'll happen eventually, I have no doubts, myself.

Agreed but most likely very limited numbers. Also, to make it sell, they will put a black pauldron on it :)

Well. I'm sure they'd love to double dip. Problem is, seeing their retailers are sitting on quite a load of them from TFA, they'll have to be very persuasive. Convincing their partners they need another wave with minimal design evolution will be a great challenge.

Well. I'm sure they'd love to double dip. Problem is, seeing their retailers are sitting on quite a load of them from TFA, they'll have to be very persuasive. Convincing their partners they need another wave with minimal design evolution will be a great challenge.

Exactly. I doubt Hot Toys themselves have any Ep7 figures, they are all at their retailers. And I'm sure if I were Sideshow I certainly wouldn't be buying any/many of a rebadged Ep7 Trooper.

But fine with me. Means HT can spend their time and resources on more important things.

Wouldn't they just rebox the unsold TFA troopers in a hope that'll shift them?

No ..because they're slightly different a la ANH,ESB, ROTJ TK,s .
Think hot Toys need to take a look at the people buying SW? The main saga is now being handed back to the kids whereas RO is a firm favourite with people of a certain age..and who are more likely to be in a position to drop $200+ on figures surely? I can't see myself buying ANY TLJ figures whereas I'd lap up almost anything from RO. Just my two pence!!

Even if Hot Toys doesn't have any TFA Stormtroopers just sitting around, if Sideshow does, that's a problem. Hot Toys distributes directly to Asia, while Sideshow distributes directly to North America, Europe and Australia. We don't know what Hot Toys inventory looks like, but we do know that Sideshow literally can't get rid of the Stormtroopers they have sitting around. They've tried every sale imaginable and they still have a ton sitting in their warehouse.

I wouldn't imagine Sideshow is really in the market to be bringing in more Stormtroopers, and if they don't want them, Hot Toys won't be inclined to make them.

I watched RO again just now after putting my daughter to bed. It was my first viewing since the theater. This film is everything TFA and TLJ are not for me. I absolutely love it.

I already have K-2SO and Jyn. I can't believe that HT hasn't even done Baze. I would buy any additional character. I'm going to pick up Chirrut and the Death Trooper.

No ..because they're slightly different a la ANH,ESB, ROTJ TK,s .
Think hot Toys need to take a look at the people buying SW? The main saga is now being handed back to the kids whereas RO is a firm favourite with people of a certain age..and who are more likely to be in a position to drop $200+ on figures surely? I can't see myself buying ANY TLJ figures whereas I'd lap up almost anything from RO. Just my two pence!!

The £200+ is the factor.
I have 40 years plus invested in the OT. These are also the films that have seen Star Wars become the phenomena it is today.
The PT has nowhere near the same pull but I would be happy with ROTS Anakin (in production), Count Dooku, Padme (ideally Arena, I only need/want that costume), Kenobi and at a push Mace. The rest I have no interest in as I already have the recent Maul from Sideshow.

Anything OT would be considered though. All costumes and brief character appearances. This is where my love for Star Wars is. I would also buy any of the main RO characters as it was excellent.

Disney Trilogy is just in the bin now. I have 7 TFA figures, half of them I have buyers remorse for.

I am sure there are many who feel the same in regards to £200+ collectibles.

I watched RO again just now after putting my daughter to bed. It was my first viewing since the theater. This film is everything TFA and TLJ are not for me. I absolutely love it.

I already have K-2SO and Jyn. I can't believe that HT hasn't even done Baze. I would buy any additional character. I'm going to pick up Chirrut and the Death Trooper.

This is an interesting point. Considering the sizeable backlash on TLJ, I wonder how many other people will like Rogue One that much more for exactly like you did.

After seeing TLJ a few hours ago I would have to agree...RO is in the top three in my book.

I would buy these three in a flash, "with no questions asked!"

I have a sizeable collection of TFA figs (if not all of them bar the odd trooper) as I personally enjoyed it. It felt like Star Wars, as it should following the major beats of ANH but set up what could have been an awesome trilogy.

RO was on another level and now sits in my top 3 SW films, top marks to Gareth Edwards. He established characters I want to know more about Krennic, Jyn, Cassian, Chirut and Baze even your bit part players such as Two-tubes, Bistan, Pao and Moroff. TFA did the same for me but TLJ has destroyed any hope of enjoying back stories for the likes of Rey and Snoke for example. I honestly don't care for them at all now - and I'm staggered.

So come on SS/HT's I've got money to burn since the-devil-mouse and his company have destroyed a whole story arc for many of us!

Give Rogue One some love and take my money I'm now NOT spending on TLJ merch.

Back