1/6 Why no love from Hot Toys for Rogue One, Cassian, Baze and Saw Gerrera ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Why no love for Hot Toys Krennic, Cassian and Baze ?

I don't know why Gary says there are figures of red armour Dracula either. Unless he's familiar with bootlegs and that old model kit. That film is aching for high end figures.

Thanks Man.

I've done a few over the years.

The Superheroes one was the first one I ever did. Probably need to make it into 2 now. Marvel and DC.

Also need to put my GotG minifigures into one at some point.

View attachment 387353

Very well done Hoody! Are they Ikea frames and how do you mount the figures?

Very well done Hoody! Are they Ikea frames and how do you mount the figures?

Yep IKEA frames. They are the deepest & cheapest I could find.

I get a thin backing board (white covered thin board) cut to size in a big local hardware store. Then I simply stick a white brick 2x1 with a 2x2 plate together with super glue, then also with super glue to the backing board. Pretty much any figure can then stand on the little pedestal.

You can buy the white 2x1 and 2x2 from online Lego shops like Bricklink. That's the cheapest I've found. You can also search for figures there too. There are also some cheaper knock off minifigures from China too. (on eBay or Aliexpress)

Looks pretty good I think. Certainly better than having them lying around in boxes somewhere. I've done a couple of really big ones too. I'll post a photo of them once I get time to photograph them.

Yep IKEA frames. They are the deepest & cheapest I could find.

I get a thin backing board (white covered thin board) cut to size in a big local hardware store. Then I simply stick a white brick 2x1 with a 2x2 plate together with super glue, then also with super glue to the backing board. Pretty much any figure can then stand on the little pedestal.

You can buy the white 2x1 and 2x2 from online Lego shops like Bricklink. That's the cheapest I've found. You can also search for figures there too. There are also some cheaper knock off minifigures from China too. (on eBay or Aliexpress)

Looks pretty good I think. Certainly better than having them lying around in boxes somewhere. I've done a couple of really big ones too. I'll post a photo of them once I get time to photograph them.

Ah, last time I was at Ikea I had a picture frame in hand and was looking at it for that very purpose. I wasn't sure how to do the back so I was talking it over with my dad who's a carpenter about using some cheap hinges in the back so they'd be easy to open if I needed to move things around. I turned one around and I think they use glazier points to secure the back to the frame. Did you just use those to hold the back in or try something else?

Ah, last time I was at Ikea I had a picture frame in hand and was looking at it for that very purpose. I wasn't sure how to do the back so I was talking it over with my dad who's a carpenter about using some cheap hinges in the back so they'd be easy to open if I needed to move things around. I turned one around and I think they use glazier points to secure the back to the frame. Did you just use those to hold the back in or try something else?

Yes, they have those bendy metal strips to simply bend over the backing board to hold it all in. If they are called glazier points, then that's what they are.

So, this actually means you need to keep the additional white backing board relatively thin (which figures are mounted on). Mine are about 3mm. I just put this in place of the paper which is currently there. (This is also where you would normally put the photo or picture in place). The glazier metal strips can handle an additional few millimetres.

If you needed more depth you could in theory join 2 frames together to double the depth.

Thanks Man.

I've done a few over the years.

The Superheroes one was the first one I ever did. Probably need to make it into 2 now. Marvel and DC.

Also need to put my GotG minifigures into one at some point.

View attachment 387353

View attachment 387354

View attachment 387355

View attachment 387356

View attachment 387357

View attachment 387358

These are ace mate - my Mrs does the same with some of hers and she nicked my Lego Death Star figures and did a Dark & Light set. Yours look awesome, especially like the TFA one . . . . .that idea may be getting plagiarized!

We need to Twitter bomb him to get him interested in a Hot Toys Krennic figure. If anyone could get them to move on this it's be him.

I'm all for this. When do we start?

The absence of a Baze PO is the strangest thing.

Certainly that would have to appear before something completely new like Krennic.

I have an opportunity at a Death Trooper deluxe but my finger continues to waver with no clear sign that HT plans to move forward with any further RO figures, in fact even potentially cancelling those that have been sown at shows.

Yes, they have those bendy metal strips to simply bend over the backing board to hold it all in. If they are called glazier points, then that's what they are.

So, this actually means you need to keep the additional white backing board relatively thin (which figures are mounted on). Mine are about 3mm. I just put this in place of the paper which is currently there. (This is also where you would normally put the photo or picture in place). The glazier metal strips can handle an additional few millimetres.

If you needed more depth you could in theory join 2 frames together to double the depth.

Yeah what I saw reminded me of glazier points. I tend to over complicated something like this, It'll be easier just to use what they gave us but I still like the idea of a hinge. Thanks for the good info and good tip on expanding the depth, I'll pick up a few of these next time I visit Ikea. I wish I bought it last time I was there, they were on sale.

BTW, I just noticed that they have added these:
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30364348/
https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50364352/

More wall mountable display options! I think I'll stick with the picture frames so they look uniform.

Certainly that would have to appear before something completely new like Krennic.

I have an opportunity at a Death Trooper deluxe but my finger continues to waver with no clear sign that HT plans to move forward with any further RO figures, in fact even potentially cancelling those that have been sown at shows.

Ironically enough, a Baze pre-order would have me seriously considering picking up a Chirrut, which I've skipped on, so far. Similarly, a Krennic announcement from Hot Toys would have me scrambling for a second DT.

I recommend you push that order button the Deluxe DT. The figure is well done and if a fan of "Rogue One", you should definitely get the Deluxe. For a simple RO display, the DT, Jyn (either version) and K2 would fit the bill.

Ironically enough, a Baze pre-order would have me seriously considering picking up a Chirrut, which I've skipped on, so far. Similarly, a Krennic announcement from Hot Toys would have me scrambling for a second DT.

I recommend you push that order button the Deluxe DT. The figure is well done and if a fan of "Rogue One", you should definitely get the Deluxe. For a simple RO display, the DT, Jyn (either version) and K2 would fit the bill.

Agreed. If I knew we'd get the whole RO gang, I'd have made more of an effort to get Chirrut. As it is, I'm fine with just Jyn and K-2.

I still really want to pick up a Chirrut, I came close with the Midtown Comics sale but I just had to save up for the Ghostbuster figures.
Chirrut, the Jedha Patrol Stormie and the Sideshow R1 Tie Pilot are the only ones I didn't pick up from R1. I have enough R1 Stormies so I'll only be planning on picking up the other two later down the road.

For Krennic, that cheap 12" Disney Store figure will have to suffice, but I still really want a high end version above any other character or trooper from the film.

Kinda bizarre that they haven't made these guys.

But mainly I've come here to express my peeve about the title of this thread and the Tarkin one before it - I think it should say ''Why no love from Hot Toys for ____________'' As it currently stands it sounds like these figures exist and they are underrated by people. Mods, make the necessary adjustment. :D

But mainly I've come here to express my peeve about the title of this thread and the Tarkin one before it - I think it should say ''Why no love from Hot Toys for ____________'' As it currently stands it sounds like these figures exist and they are underrated by people. Mods, make the necessary adjustment. :D

:lol
I'm glad I'm not the only one irritated by the title. It could also be "Why no Love for Krennic, Cassian and Blaze, Hot Toys?".

These are ace mate - my Mrs does the same with some of hers and she nicked my Lego Death Star figures and did a Dark & Light set. Yours look awesome, especially like the TFA one . . . . .that idea may be getting plagiarized!

I'm all for this. When do we start?

No problem Revanist. The TFA worked well as Rey's Landspeeder has a good shape to fit. However you will need to modify the frame a bit to get it to fit properly.

I'm not the biggest user of Twitter, so actually not sure how that would work exactly. Even if you follow Ben Mendelson you can't twitter him directly right ?? How could we best do this ?

We need to get them to make Krennic so Wor-Gar will buy a Death Trooper deluxe !! :lol

I started the thread, can I change the name ??

I still maintain they have put him on hold until they get through the glut of Star Wars & Marvel movies at the moment. Like someone said, if he's not displayed (even in a dark corner) at the first big con this year I'll start to get worried. What is that SDCC or perhaps one in Asia ?

I started the thread, can I change the name ??

You can. If you edit the original post and go into ''advanced'' mode you're able to change the title. What screamingmetal suggested is better than mine I think.

Back